"NU has best pass defense in the country." -- Coach Sarkisian

Nexus

Obviously, Jake Locker had a rotten day. He threw 20 passes and completed four of them.

But Washington head coach Steve Sarkisian quickly pointed out that a lot of quarterbacks are going to have rough days against that Husker secondary.

"I think the first part of it is, this is the top pass defense in America. Those guys are really good. They were good," Sarkisian said. "They're playing with DB's all over the field. They made plays on the ball that I haven't seen in a while."

That's some praise from a coach who is considered one of the best offensive minds in college football.

LINK

Obviously, Jake Locker had a rotten day. He threw 20 passes and completed four of them.

But Washington head coach Steve Sarkisian quickly pointed out that a lot of quarterbacks are going to have rough days against that Husker secondary.

"I think the first part of it is, this is the top pass defense in America. Those guys are really good. They were good," Sarkisian said. "They're playing with DB's all over the field. They made plays on the ball that I haven't seen in a while."

That's some praise from a coach who is considered one of the best offensive minds in college football.

LINK

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:bonez:bonez

What i saw was that basically, we gave Washington 2 of their 3 scores. GAVE'em 2 scores. their first they drove right down the field gashing us in the center of our smaller pass defense. This is where our coaching staff proved how awesome they are. 1 possession. That's all it took, 1 possession to make the necassary adjustments, they were lights out in all phases after that, except of course the blown coverage in the 3rd qtr.

I feel a STRONG but very quiet confidence heading into Big XII play.

I had that same feeling going into this game. But now even more so going into the B12.

I love these coaches, and I think Bo will not let these guys lose focus when we get into the meat of our schedule.

agree, after the ISU game last year, i see BO focusing on ea Game like its the biggest game of the year.

LINK

If this is the best Sark can defend his QB's play today, I think I can live with that :corndance

What i saw was that basically, we gave Washington 2 of their 3 scores. GAVE'em 2 scores. their first they drove right down the field gashing us in the center of our smaller pass defense. This is where our coaching staff proved how awesome they are. 1 possession. That's all it took, 1 possession to make the necassary adjustments, they were lights out in all phases after that, except of course the blown coverage in the 3rd qtr.

IMO, Washington earned all of their points. Their defense gave them a takeaway, and their star receiver Kearse tore through our D with a double move, and Locker found him and delivered.

Gifts are what we gave to Iowa State last year...these I would say are different. But when you have an offense that scores so quickly I think we can expect some shootout type play.

IMO, Washington earned all of their points. Their defense gave them a takeaway, and their star receiver Kearse tore through our D with a double move, and Locker found him and delivered.

Gifts are what we gave to Iowa State last year...these I would say are different. But when you have an offense that scores so quickly I think we can expect some shootout type play.

Really zoogies? Even the 1st Green fumble? That sure looked like a "gift" to me.