Mark May eating crow?

Get over it guys. It is literally a 50/50 call, either the Huskers win or the Huskers lose. There is no reason for him to think we are just going to steam roll a decent Washington team just because we smoked 2 VERY below par teams. Lets face it, the stars have lined up in Seattle before, why wouldn't they against an untested Husker team? If everyone was just a Husker supporter and fan, the world wouldn't be near as interesting.

Mark May is an arrogant donkey butt, but he is normally spot on in his observations. When he is wrong he admits it.

I do not like the guy, but I never question what he has to say, just the way he says it.

We get to ate up with Nebraska hate. We know the kids names, but you would find the same comments from Alabama, Florida, Texas and any other major program. It is the overall picture they try to paint, not the names. Do any of us know every single players name on another team. My guess is they make ths same mistakes with every other team out there. There is a kid from SC they screw up until this day. I can not think of it (Ausberry or something like that) but they butcher it every time it seems.

We complain we do not get props, we complain when we do get props, hell some of you guys remind me of my wife.

There's a difference: These gentlemen get PAID to know the players' names--WE don't. I have a friggin' full-time job doing information technology work, so I'm allowed to not know--and it isn't like these morons are mispronouncing our 2nd string safety. I would THINK that they could get the major names of our first stringers like "Helu" and "Martinez" correct forgodsakes! Good lord, wtf are they getting PAID for anyway?! I only wish that I could be such a major F-up at MY job and retain it week after week! But my main point is that if you can't even pronounce a guy's name, chances are you aren't very qualified or "in the know" about him to say anything of substance. :rant

it will take a awhile before we change people's perceptions of us and make them realize that we are truly back. remember, we just got over a decade of bad football, and still have a lot to prove.

but my main point is about changing perceptions. sometimes the worse team is picked because they have been good (i.e. florida). we know this team as well as anyone ever could, because it is all we care about. we cannot expect everyone to have such in depth knowledge of our team or every team. if we are still undefeated after texas, then people's minds will be changed.

or, we could just play notre dame every year. that is a good way to get way too much attention.

Only Lou Holtz would call the Nebraska Starting Quarterback "Martin-ezz". I am proud as a Cornhusker Fan to hear Mark May saying Nebraska is the best in the Big XII. Nebraska is back where we belong. The only team that can keep Nebraska from Championships this year, is itself. Nebraska keeps getting better and better on both sides of the ball. We may be looking at an undefeated team this year gentlemen. Who knows, we might even end up being National Champs if we keep playing like this.

Calm down grasshopper, we have beaten absolutlely no one this year. Washington was ranked 52 as I understand it.

There are some very good teams out there, even if we get through Texas and Oklahoma we will have to face most likely a undefeated Ohio State or Alabama team.

A long way to go and a tremendous amount to prove, don't get all caught up in the media hype, you have to earn your stripes and we have not yet. Not saying we won't but it is a long way to go.

Calm down grasshopper, we have beaten absolutlely no one this year. Washington was ranked 52 as I understand it.

There are some very good teams out there, even if we get through Texas and Oklahoma we will have to face most likely a undefeated Ohio State or Alabama team.

A long way to go and a tremendous amount to prove, don't get all caught up in the media hype, you have to earn your stripes and we have not yet. Not saying we won't but it is a long way to go.

i completely agree with this. washington is not a good team. at all. i'm reserving most of my judgement until after kstate and more than likely after texas.

we are a dang good team but to me we have no right to say we are NC bound.....yet. washington was 5-7 last year and probably will be again this year.

i think our 6-7-8 ranking is about right. when we beat texas, i'll start saying we are higher.