Both polls now out

JTrain

I'm sure it was Sarkisian giving us the first place vote, not Bo.

Bo is the kind of coach that after winning 8 straight national championships, the Coaches poll would give us 58/59 first place votes, and Bo would use the only non-first place vote as a slight to his team, saying, "They don't think we're #1! They think you're weak! What've you got to say about that, Blackshirts?!" and work his team into a frenzy before a game against Doane College. And all the while, it was Bo that didn't vote them #1.

• Fire 1

I haven't seen this much on here but I'm getting sick of people saying Nebraska deserves to be between 10-15 in the polls.

I can't completely disagree with this, but how many teams have proven they deserve to be in the Top 10 other than the teams that are there? The truth of the matter is none. The teams in the top 10 are there because of pre-season hype and because they haven't lost a game yet.

Wait..

Why is Mizzou 24th?

Because they barely slipped past the powerhouse that is San Diego St. That's one hell of an accomplishment! :sarcasm

A few thoughts, who said UCLA throttled Houston and Case Keenum? UCLA beat a concussed and ultimately Keenumless Houston team (that was probably overrated in the first place) by 18. I don't know that I would call that "throttling" them, but I may have a different definition of that than you.

Secondly, am I the only person who thinks that Oregon is highly overrated? I might give them a top 10 ranking considering there aren't many other candidates right now, but even with the massive amount of points they've been scoring I think their getting a lot of undo credit. Just look at the competition they've faced so far, they beat up on Div II team Portland St, a New Mexico team that probably should be in Div II, and an SEC team in Tennessee that is running on fumes, and will be lucky to have a winning record at the end of the year. It's possible that I'm drinking a bit to much hater-aide when it comes to the Ducks, but I just don't buy them as a top 5 team at this point.

Wait..

Why is Mizzou 24th?

Because they barely slipped past the powerhouse that is San Diego St. That's one hell of an accomplishment! :sarcasm

A few thoughts, who said UCLA throttled Houston and Case Keenum? UCLA beat a concussed and ultimately Keenumless Houston team (that was probably overrated in the first place) by 18. I don't know that I would call that "throttling" them, but I may have a different definition of that than you.

Secondly, am I the only person who thinks that Oregon is highly overrated? I might give them a top 10 ranking considering there aren't many other candidates right now, but even with the massive amount of points they've been scoring I think their getting a lot of undo credit. Just look at the competition they've faced so far, they beat up on Div II team Portland St, a New Mexico team that probably should be in Div II, and an SEC team in Tennessee that is running on fumes, and will be lucky to have a winning record at the end of the year. It's possible that I'm drinking a bit to much hater-aide when it comes to the Ducks, but I just don't buy them as a top 5 team at this point.

Houston was losing 21-3 and had just intercepted Keenum when he left the game. The Houston backup played UCLA to a 10-10 tie from that point. So the backup actually outperformed Keenum and it's fair to say that UCLA handled Houston and Keenum quite easily.

http://www.pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pollstalker.php?s=13&p=26&v=0&t1=63&w=4&r=T

This breaks the AP poll down by voter. Look at Mike DeArmond giving respect for once! The only vote we got below 9 was 12 from some radio guy in Baltimore.

I could spend hours on that site....very nice find

that being said that guy from baltimore has Auburn as the 10th best team in the country :LOLtartar are you kidding me! they barely beat a average clemson team.

Before this week I didn't think Nebraska deserved a top ten ranking. Preseason polls are hardly worth the paper they're printed on, but I still felt we were being unduly praised.

Now with the better part of the non-con over, I think our ranking is justified. I thought we would beat Washington soundly, maybe by as much as a couple of touchdowns. After watching the blackshirts demolish Locker and our offense do the same thing it had been doing against a real D-1 opponent, we are definitely top ten material.