Lucky vs Ross

Foppa

Just want everyone's honest opinion on how this is shaping up. I honestly think Ross' fumbles were an anomaly and won't be repeated. But this isn't my concern. My question is this...

If our O-line does not improve drastically, does it make more sense to start Lucky rather than Ross? Size, movement, and physical ability may be our best bet. I'm not saying Lucky is better than Ross, but better suited for the hand that may be dealt to us this season on the line.

Cory ran the ball last year with oposing defenses loading the box knowing we couldnt pass the ball. He still faired well. So the lack of blocking is legit. With eight and nine in the box last year we didnt have the numbers, but Cory still managed to play well. It has been stated. He had a bad game. VERY BAD. I think that he will still get his share of yards( without the fumbles). It was nice to see Lucky out there. I was hoping that he would spark the offense. At least he didnt fumble.

I noticed last year, in the beginning of the season, Ross had a hard time keeping his balance. His forward momentum caused him to 'fall forward'. After a few games he found his rhythm and this stopped. I saw the same thing when I re-watched the game a couple days ago. Many times he fell forward. His little legs get so excited he overreacts and falls forward.

I think he will be better in a few games.

Just want everyone's honest opinion on how this is shaping up. I honestly think Ross' fumbles were an anomaly and won't be repeated. But this isn't my concern. My question is this...

If our O-line does not improve drastically, does it make more sense to start Lucky rather than Ross? Size, movement, and physical ability may be our best bet. I'm not saying Lucky is better than Ross, but better suited for the hand that may be dealt to us this season on the line.

I think we have to be able to make quick 3-5 step passes in order to improve our rushing game or else it's going to be a repeat of last year. I really don't care who's up front. If we show our opponents that we can't pass then we'll be seeing defenses stack 8-7 guys in the box the whole game. I mean did anyone see the Miami-FSU game last night? Neither team could pass the ball for the majority of the game and you could tell both teams were focused on stopping the run. I think having a good game scheme and being able to execute that scheme means more than any one individual we have on the field.

I noticed one play at the game Lucky did miss a block.

And nearly got ZT killed...remember when Lucky was playing, and they put Ross in for one play, so ZT could pass, and Ross could pick up the Blitz? I don't know what the answer is, I though Jackson looked better than Ross, but I suppose they are more worried about his health and being in shape than anything else.