Article: Alabama and Ohio State the only threats to Nebraska

BeatTexas

Someone needs to crash the Kool Aid semi. We have beaten no one, played no one. We really have no idea of what we have.

Washington was terrible on defense, the other two are not even to be considered.

Can we do the same against Texas, if we can then this crazy talk makes sense. Yes we look good, but so does a pig in ring of porcupines. Quit biting on the media hype.

I think we get there, but this is just too much too soon in my small pea brain.

We have yet to beat a top 15 team, Washing was ranked 52. Michigan has played tougher competition and looked just as good with a great QB, why aren't they getting this type of hype?

Just the flavor of the month?

:yeah

Someone needs to crash the Kool Aid semi. We have beaten no one, played no one. We really have no idea of what we have.

Washington was terrible on defense, the other two are not even to be considered.

Can we do the same against Texas, if we can then this crazy talk makes sense. Yes we look good, but so does a pig in ring of porcupines. Quit biting on the media hype.

We have yet to beat a top 15 team, Washing was ranked 52. Michigan has played tougher competition and looked just as good with a great QB, why aren't they getting this type of hype?

michigan is getting a ton of hype, just not in nebraska. just like NU is getting a ton of hype, except outside of nebraska. we look good, you can say that objectively regardless of who we have played. are we as good as tOSU or bama, no. are we as good as any team after that? i think we could compete with any other team in america. do we have reason for concern? of course, but when will we not? i am getting tired of people thinking it is crazy to think NU can compete for the big 12 championship or even the MNC. NU has showed a lot, and given how good we did last year with such a poor offense, i think we have a lot of potential. look at our coach, our defense, our schedule, and if out offense is just marginally better than last year, we should be a force to reckon with. just enjoy what we have going on, no need to criticize other people's optimism, it is not delusional, maybe your doubt is.

Let's say it was Missouri, with a freshman QB doing the same things, would you be convinced they would win the Big 12 or the MNC at this point?

The coach means nothing at this time. Last year means nothing, what we did or could have done means nothing.

What have we done? beat two cupcakes and a 52nd ranked Washington.

Hell some question if Alabama is as good as some think. At least they have played a ranked team and have destroyed all that they played. Still there are questions about them. Most talking heads do not feel they will go undefeated now.

But Nebraska with a freshman QB is nearly a dead ringer by some on here.

Have hope and dreams, I am all for it. But I have not seen anything to this point to make me think they will get there. If we man handle Texas like we are these cream puffs then we have something to talk about, if we barely squeek out a victory, still we have reason to think it possible. But do something before we pack the bus for Glendale.

Let's say it was Missouri, with a freshman QB doing the same things, would you be convinced they would win the Big 12 or the MNC at this point?

The coach means nothing at this time. Last year means nothing, what we did or could have done means nothing.

What have we done? beat two cupcakes and a 52nd ranked Washington.

Hell some question if Alabama is as good as some think. At least they have played a ranked team and have destroyed all that they played. Still there are questions about them. Most talking heads do not feel they will go undefeated now.

But Nebraska with a freshman QB is nearly a dead ringer by some on here.

Have hope and dreams, I am all for it. But I have not seen anything to this point to make me think they will get there. If we man handle Texas like we are these cream puffs then we have something to talk about, if we barely squeek out a victory, still we have reason to think it possible. But do something before we pack the bus for Glendale.

i am so impressed with your skepticism.

I think we have a few more speed bumps along the way other than just Alabama and Ohio State. Bill Snyder may not have the horses to compete with Nebraska, but he is a very good coach. KState could nip us if they catch us sleeping. Texas has the horses to beat us though they are inexperienced and we get them at home. While OU has looked somewhat dismal in a couple of their games, they did knock the snot out of Florida State. I don't think Texas Tech was a better team than we were last year, but they caught us napping. Even though two years ago Missouri may have been a better team than we were, they sure as heck weren't as much better as the scoreboard indicated. We just need to take every game one game at a time and be prepared both mentally and physically. We've come a long ways, but each of the last two years we've played a game or two where we just didn't play or look good. If we have one of those games against Texas, KState, or Missouri; it could be long day.

We've already shown a tendancy to put the ball on the turf. If we lose the ball like we did against Idaho, there's teams still left on the schedule that will beat us. I'm just hopeful that we don't have one of those lackluster games this year like we've had the previous two years.

Your missing something K state has no D

michigan is getting a ton of hype, just not in nebraska. just like NU is getting a ton of hype, except outside of nebraska. we look good, you can say that objectively regardless of who we have played. are we as good as tOSU or bama, no. are we as good as any team after that? i think we could compete with any other team in america. do we have reason for concern? of course, but when will we not? i am getting tired of people thinking it is crazy to think NU can compete for the big 12 championship or even the MNC. NU has showed a lot, and given how good we did last year with such a poor offense, i think we have a lot of potential. look at our coach, our defense, our schedule, and if out offense is just marginally better than last year, we should be a force to reckon with. just enjoy what we have going on, no need to criticize other people's optimism, it is not delusional, maybe your doubt is.

I think on a neutral field we beat Ohio St "now" and we've got a higher upside too.

We'll see....

I think on a neutral field we beat Ohio St "now" and we've got a higher upside too.

We'll see....

i thing tOSU and bama look the best, but i think we would have a puncher's chance against anyone.

I think we have a few more speed bumps along the way other than just Alabama and Ohio State. Bill Snyder may not have the horses to compete with Nebraska, but he is a very good coach. KState could nip us if they catch us sleeping. Texas has the horses to beat us though they are inexperienced and we get them at home. While OU has looked somewhat dismal in a couple of their games, they did knock the snot out of Florida State. I don't think Texas Tech was a better team than we were last year, but they caught us napping. Even though two years ago Missouri may have been a better team than we were, they sure as heck weren't as much better as the scoreboard indicated. We just need to take every game one game at a time and be prepared both mentally and physically. We've come a long ways, but each of the last two years we've played a game or two where we just didn't play or look good. If we have one of those games against Texas, KState, or Missouri; it could be long day.

We've already shown a tendancy to put the ball on the turf. If we lose the ball like we did against Idaho, there's teams still left on the schedule that will beat us. I'm just hopeful that we don't have one of those lackluster games this year like we've had the previous two years.

Your missing something K state has no D

How highly ranked were the Iowa State and Texas Tech defenses ranked last year? It would be a tall order for KState to beat us. However, they are well coached. If we handle the ball like a hot potato like we did against Idaho, KState wins the game.

sd,

What have you seen to think we have a punchers chance against Ohio State? What actions on the field make you think we win? What shortcomings does Ohio State have that play into our strengths, proven or not.

Me thinks it is undying devotion to Nebraska, which I love.

Do you see Martinez running though Ohio State like the cream puffs we have faced?

They have beaten a 12th rated team and did it pretty soundly.

Love your enthusiasim but just do not see the reality of it happening from past results. Yes it could but we have seen nothing to indicate we could to this point, other than just being a fan that thinks we win every game.

I am glad you feel that way, I just have to have something concrete to stand on.

omgosh.. skersfan you've just converted me. I hate the Huskers now.

loltartar.gif just playing..

skersfan is a realist and I've always respected that. I'm not on board with the National Championship talk either. But I am anxious to see how we do in October. By then we will now for sure how good the Huskers are, if there are warm fuzzies on HB or suicide watch.

10/07 @K-State

10/16 TEXAS

10/23 @Oklahoma St

10/30 Missouri

There's realism and there's pessimism. I'm a realist - I think we look better than last year, and I think we have shown next to nothing against a few very weak opponents. I think it's possible that we could do wonderful things this year, but I'm realistic enough to know that nothing we've done yet proves anything. Being a realist, I allow for the possibility of greatness in my posts. I also allow for the possibility of failure. That's being realistic.

I do not, however, post in every single thread, every single post, that we have done nothing, that we've proven nothing, that the excitement our fans, our team, our coaches and our administration is showing needs to stop. I do not post that we MUST beat a "good" team before we can be excited, before we can begin to hope that we're better than we were. To do so seems unnecessarily pessimistic to me, and I do not understand those who constantly beat that drum.

I spoke to Jeff Jamrog last night about our chances this year. Jamrog agreed that we have *A CHANCE* to do great things, including - his words - going "all the way" this year. I can only imagine how vehemently some of our regular posters must disagree with Mr. Jamrog's assessment. I can only imagine the bucket of cold water some of our regular posters would have dumped on his sentiment, which echoes that of most people who post here. I find that amazing.

Ohio State I think we'd match up nicely against, but I'm not so sure about Alabama. They are simply a great team right now.

I'm actually worried about OSU in-conference mostly. I don't think anyone in the north poses a threat of any significance.

I don't buy the A&M hype, and I'm also not completely sold on Texas. Texas is good, but they are not Alabama, Ohio State or even Boise State good.