Summary of Maine v NU

formerfan

NU was in a no win situation last weekend. If they played well and dominate (like the D) then they did what was expected, and an asterisk was placed next to the score, because NU should have handled their business that way. We still have to wait until NU plays some tough competition before we can see how much (if any) they have improved.

If NU struggled (like the O did) then everyone will be pissed wondering "What the hell happened????" :wtf

People would have said that NU underachieved, and rightfully so.

The best we can do is hope that they can make a huge improvement going into the next game, and that somehow this staff has learned how to teach this kids and make adjustments. If last year is an indication, NU may be in trouble. The team never progressed last year week to week, and in reality, they got worse.

The staff has to make changes to make sure that this year is different.

NU was in a no win situation last weekend. If they played well and dominate (like the D) then they did what was expected, and an asterisk was placed next to the score, because NU should have handled their business that way. We still have to wait until NU plays some tough competition before we can see how much (if any) they have improved.

If NU struggled (like the O did) then everyone will be pissed wondering "What the hell happened????" :wtf They will be saying that NU underachieved, and rightfully so.

The best we can do is hope that they can make a huge improvement going into the next game, and that somehow this staff has learned how to teach this kids and make adjustments. If last year is an indication, NU may be in trouble. The team never progressed last year week to week, and in reality, they got worse.

The staff has to make changes to make sure that this year is different.

I completely agree Former. I can't even add anything, you hit the nail on the head there as far as I'm concerned.

The guys on 'Unsportsmanlike Conduct' (1620 AM) are commenting that they are pretty concerned with the play-calling mostly, and that Callahan just isn't understanding the college game well enough :(

If this IS true, and it doesn't improve throughout the year... :bang:steam

Former,

I note a bit of compassion for the team. I think there is still a lot of Husker in this former fan. No matter out complaints we all love this program. Some are half full and some are half empty. Just depends on how you look at the glass.

I truly have more concerns after Saturday than I had all of last year. Hopefully the whole thing was about looking past Maine to Wake Forest, Amato at NCState made the comment that Wake Forest is not a team you want to face every year. You just never know what you are going to get from them. But you will get it to the end, or words to that effect.

I would just like to see BC put down the book and get into the game. I just don't think he gets that part of it.

I must say that I was not impressed with any part other than the special teams. They were nite and day better to me.

OL seems to be more of problem than last year ever was. I am concerned about the interrior DL. I may have just caught the bad parts as I had family in from New Orleans, and was not watching as much as I wanted. I have not had the opportunity to look at the game again so I will bow to you guys oppinion on that.

Taylor will get it done I think. I think he just put too much preasure on himself after the drops and fumbles started mounting.

I will be at the Wake Forest game. I will have a better idea after that. Still feel this is our toughest game till Tech. We need to get things worked out quickly.

The staff has to make changes to make sure that this year is different

They made changes. The change is currently sitting out a year at North Carolina

Really, how did that work for them Saturday :wacko:

Obviously, this is beyond your comprehension, :dumdum and I dont have the patience to draw you a picture right now.

Formerfan:

I'm not trying to bash you, just wondering what you are a former fan of. Nebraska? I guess it's none of my business, but just curious. I hope you're a former fan of Iran, Ephedra, or the Detroit Red Wings. But not NU. I don't agree with alot of what's going on in Husker Nation, but I'm by my guys to the bitter end. It's been my experience that the people that suddenly 'dislike' the Huskers are the ones that like them the most. Just frustrated. That should be a common theme, I would think, anymore.

Anywayz, carry on with the thread! :clap

The staff has to make changes to make sure that this year is different

They made changes. The change is currently sitting out a year at North Carolina

Really, how did that work for them Saturday :wacko:

Obviously, this is beyond your comprehension, :dumdum and I dont have the patience to draw you a picture right now.

Umm let's see. Zac Taylor threw 2 interceptions. If it was Joe trying those passes, we would be sitting at 7 interceptions against Maine. Zac made some throws that Joe D would and never will make. The only one who doesn't see that is you sadly enough

I didnt get to comment on this game until now due to some busy business and mourning.

I would love to be positive about the game Saturday but I must admit I stood most of it. I tend to do that when I am frustrated with the play.

Defense looked great, well the front seven anyway. The secondary did not get tested due to the fact the D-Line/LBs did there job and destroyed the Maine O-Line.

Special Teams was a HUGE improvement but dammit Nunn hold on the the freakin' ball and learn how to catch the football when it is thrown to you.

Zac/Hardy were the only players on offense that really played decent. Zac wins as a replacement for Dailey and a step up but consistency is a term he needs to learn.

Most disappointed in Coach Cally, was he not an O Line guru? Did he fail to prep his line in order to impress the country with a top5 recruiting class? Um, we all talk about vast improvement must be made from week1 to 2 well guess what most improvement in teams is made in spring/fall camp. So i feel like every game will be on the line this year with the lack of crispness/preparation this year.

I love the Huskers and think this will be a LONG season AGAIN...i just hope Cally shapes up and concentrates on Wins this year and not recruits. Or he may be leaving the Cornfields sooner thatn Solich. I hope for the best but if NU cant run with the core of RBs we have we are in a world of trouble since most of our wideouts are fragile.

I hope that there is vast improvement after week one which was Very Disappointing. Time to take off the fairy "yellow" tour de fruit jerseys and tear down the words "love" from Huskervision and Play Some Football :horns2