The End is Near

Hercules

herbstreit just said he thinks NU will continue to climb in the polls now that tu lost and is out of the the top 5.

Herbie has been calling the game in Boise all evening -- so I wouldn't value his opinion a whole lot at this time (or ever). I'm sure he hasn't even seen the husker score, or had time to review the game in detail. The husker game this evneing was a complete wreck.

how can you say that? what would it have been if we lost? i am being absolutely serious. if a win is a 'complete wreck', what would a loss have been. it cannot be more of a wreck than a 'complete wreck'. you cannot have more of something if it is 'complete'. you want a complete wreck, go to espn3.com and watch ucla at tu, that was a complete wreck.

I'll be the first to say it. The play calling sucked. Obviously the zone read and stretch plays were not working, especially in the second half. However, the power running was. So why run 2-3 power plays, pick up a first and then run a zone read followed by a stretch (this happened a lot) and face 3rd and long?

We run the Zone Read WAY TOO MUCH! Does Watson know anything else besides that formation? We ran the ball down Washintons throats last week and most of the time out of the zone read. Shawn Watson is relying on Martinez too much to lead this offense.

herbstreit just said he thinks NU will continue to climb in the polls now that tu lost and is out of the the top 5.

Herbie has been calling the game in Boise all evening -- so I wouldn't value his opinion a whole lot at this time (or ever). I'm sure he hasn't even seen the husker score, or had time to review the game in detail. The husker game this evneing was a complete wreck.

how can you say that? what would it have been if we lost? i am being absolutely serious. if a win is a 'complete wreck', what would a loss have been. it cannot be more of a wreck than a 'complete wreck'. you cannot have more of something if it is 'complete'. you want a complete wreck, go to espn3.com and watch ucla at tu, that was a complete wreck.

Your joking ... right? We beat a 0-2 FCS team by 14 points at home. The defense saved our butt's -- if it wasn't for them this easily could have been a loss.

Beating a winless FCS team by 14 @ home is quivalent to losing to a Major BCS Conference Team @Home imho.

The Husker game was terrible to those of us who listened to every second or watched every second. But guys like Kirk didn't pay any attention to it other than what was coming across on the bottom line. Our game, from a national perspective, was completely overshadowed by Bama-Arkansas, the Texas loss, the OU close win, BSU-OSU, and South Carolina-Auburn. At the end of the day, with all those storylines, all that most voters will see is, "Well Nebraska won again." They will probably stay right in that 5-7 area in the polls.

I said this a couple of weeks ago in the watson supporters thread. SDSU backers stayed home and were discuplined. The zone read has become predictable.

Bingo took the words right out of my mouth.........

For us to be successful this year, to get where we all want to go, we have to be able to pass the ball downfield. I like Tmart in all he brings a totally different dynmatic to the game that we havent had for about 10 years or so. Until he is able to throw the ball downfield with consistency, im not really sold on him or type of offense we are running. I think by conference play defense teams like Texas are gonna be able to figure out how to stop this offense. Seems like the zone read is money everytime its run. But the weakside backers and safety have nevered stayed home on this play. In conference play teams are gonna be disciplined on playing their assignments, thus being able to stop that play.

Your joking ... right? We beat a 0-2 FCS team by 14 points at home. The defense saved our butt's -- if it wasn't for them this easily could have been a loss.

Beating a winless FCS team by 14 @ home is quivalent to losing to a Major BCS Conference Team @Home imho.

no, i am not joking. see the bold section of the original post. what would the equivalent to losing to a winless fcs team? the effort is pathetic, but, and again i am being serious, how is it a "complete" wreck and what would a loss have been?

and in the words of vin diesel in the first "the fast and the furious", "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."

this is also a good quote from the aforementioned movie: Oh s***! We got cops, cops, cops, cops!

I wasn't a math major, but 4-0 is not the same as 3-1. Even Texass fans would agree today!

A win over washington shouldnt be an excuse for a "hangover."

UW is terrible.

Would you rather have a bad game of the year against an FCS team, or @ Iowa State and lose, or @ Okie State or @ A&M? A win is a win, let's all get over it, we are still undefeated that's all that matters.

Yes that is all that matters. The hangover excuse is ridiclious. I would rather use the excuse of looking ahead to KState or Texas.

A win over washington shouldnt be an excuse for a "hangover."

UW is terrible.

Would you rather have a bad game of the year against an FCS team, or @ Iowa State and lose, or @ Okie State or @ A&M? A win is a win, let's all get over it, we are still undefeated that's all that matters.

Yes that is all that matters. The hangover excuse is ridiclious. I would rather use the excuse of looking ahead to KState or Texas.

yea but that's all that was in my head while i was at the game, in disbelief of what the heck was going on, I couldn't believe it. It just blew me away. SDSU had a good following too.