Mike Leach coming to Colorado as HC

Heard today from some people who i guess are in the know (supposedly) that after this year DH will be fired and Mike Leach will be moving in as the new HC at Colorado.....

have no idea if completely true but the person was busting out all kinds of names of people she knew to prove her point... interesting enough

or maybe then this is old news..

Do they have dark closets in Boulder? If not, I GUARANTEE this is a rumor.

ill find out more information...but they seemed pretty convinced and this person seemed to be pretty connected to both TT and Colorado programs in some way or another.... ..

to me i wouldnt be suprised if ML ends up there.... seems like it would be a good spot for him besides CU believes in 'second chances' dont they

Do they have dark closets in Boulder? If not, I GUARANTEE this is a rumor.

ill find out more information...but they seemed pretty convinced and this person seemed to be pretty connected to both TT and Colorado programs in some way or another.... ..

to me i wouldnt be suprised if ML ends up there.... seems like it would be a good spot for him besides CU believes in 'second chances' dont they

I heard some rumblings about a new coach for CU next year, but I hadn't heard it was Leach. I hope it's true.

It could be a great fit. Leach is a little bizarre. And so is CU.

Is Hawkins contract up after this year? I know a big part of why he still has that job is because CU doesn't want to fork out the rediculous buy out that is in his contract. If its not, I don't see Leach going there. CU just had to fork out money to leave the Big 12, not sure they would have the cash flow to do both.

Is Hawkins contract up after this year? I know a big part of why he still has that job is because CU doesn't want to fork out the rediculous buy out that is in his contract. If its not, I don't see Leach going there. CU just had to fork out money to leave the Big 12, not sure they would have the cash flow to do both.

He has a contract extension thru 2012. My guess is with the lower amount that CU has to pay to leave the Big 12 and the potential money coming in from the Pac 10 (and maybe the Pac 10 will front some money), Hawkins is on an extremely hot seat that is only getting hotter with each game/loss. I would be surprised if he's still coach next year. But I don't his buyout would be that huge at this point. Leach would be a good fit for not only CU but the Pac 10 IMO.

While I think there's a good chance that it could happen, I don't buy it as a rumor, not this early. Unless CU officials are actually talking with Leach, any rumor like this is just wishful speculation at this point.

Leach would be a good fit for CU. I was kind of wondering if Watson is in their Head Coach picture.

I think they would need to make a "WOW" hire to at least rally the alumni/fans around the program again. I like Watson but he certainly wouldn't be that for them.

Hawkins was also very much that kind of hire but I think this time it would actually work for CU.

Man, that would be a heck of a hire for CU. I hope it happens for them.