K-State Game

From Huskers.com...

Junior linebacker Alex Hrebec ranks third in the Big 12 with 39 total tackles. Up front, sophomore defensive end Brandon Harold has six tackles for loss, the fourth-highest total in the league, to go along with a pair of sacks. Senior defensive back Terrance Sweeney leads the turnover department with two interceptions and also has eight pass deflections to lead K-State to the seventh-highest pass efficiency defense in the nation (95.5). The Wildcats have given up 349 yards of offense per game to rank eighth in the Big 12 in total defense.

Interesting stats about KSU's defense. Along with the nation's 7th best pass efficiency D, they have the 3rd best pass D in the Big 12, allowing only 153.8 yards per game, so Martinez will have his work cut out for him if we have to depend heavily on the pass game.

At the same time, that shouldn't be the case because of the other stat mentioned above. In spite of KSU's strong pass D, they still rank 8th in yards allowed per game because of their rush D, which is dead last in the B12 so far (195.5 yards allowed per game). This bodes well for the Husker offense, which despite a poor showing vs SDSU, still ranks #1 in rushing offense by a wide margin over #2 KSU (309.2 to 216).

From Huskers.com...

Junior linebacker Alex Hrebec ranks third in the Big 12 with 39 total tackles. Up front, sophomore defensive end Brandon Harold has six tackles for loss, the fourth-highest total in the league, to go along with a pair of sacks. Senior defensive back Terrance Sweeney leads the turnover department with two interceptions and also has eight pass deflections to lead K-State to the seventh-highest pass efficiency defense in the nation (95.5). The Wildcats have given up 349 yards of offense per game to rank eighth in the Big 12 in total defense.

Interesting stats about KSU's defense. Along with the nation's 7th best pass efficiency D, they have the 3rd best pass D in the Big 12, allowing only 153.8 yards per game, so Martinez will have his work cut out for him if we have to depend heavily on the pass game.

At the same time, that shouldn't be the case because of the other stat mentioned above. In spite of KSU's strong pass D, they still rank 8th in yards allowed per game because of their rush D, which is dead last in the B12 so far (195.5 yards allowed per game). This bodes well for the Husker offense, which despite a poor showing vs SDSU, still ranks #1 in rushing offense by a wide margin over #2 KSU (309.2 to 216).

From Rivals KSucks message board: "Daniel Thomas firmly entrenches himself as the Heisman frontrunner and KSU as a national title threat. KSU 37 NUB 14" :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

I really like the confidence some of you are throwing out.. I sure hope you're all right.

We can lose this game, it could definitely happen. The only way I see that happening though is if Nebraska lets it (makes it) happen. The turnover crap has to stop. If we continue to cough up the ball 5+ times a game we're not going to beat anyone from here on out.

After the SDSU game this team has a ton to prove in the terms of consistency.

I'm thinking a 24 to 20 W for the skers. PLEASE let me be wrong and it be a 45-17 game... (skers of course)

GBR

Did anyone watch the USC/Washington game on Saturday? The announcers kept on bringing up Jake locker's perforamce against us and they never once gave any real credit to the Husker defense. Washington has 2 really good receivers and a great back. I think if Nebraska plays with the same energy they came in with against Washington, we win by 3 touchdowns. I also DO NOT want to see Green in this game unless we are up by 5 TDs. Green's play lately has been horrific.

I hope you're right Husker B-rent. I'm just not sold on our front four and how SDSU pushed us around at home. Lets hope the week and a half of practice works the kinks out. GBR

I am with you.

That said, I am less worried about us stopping them than I am about them stopping us. I am not sold on our offense. I cannot see us scoring that much against any real defense unless we get some turnovers and short fields to help us along.

Seems to me, if I were a D-coordinator against NU, I'd put seven in the box and make NU pass. If a High School team like SDSU can do that to NU.... well, everyone else should do so as well. Unless NU has been holding back....

Who knows? But I see a scrap in view and NU could easily drop this one. But I predict a narrow victory.

The thing that's most concerning to me is Snyder's track record. He's had plenty of time to scheme and prepare for this game. In 2003, by all rights KState shouldn't have been able to manhandle OU like they did in the Big 12 Championship. However, they did because Snyder had plenty of time to prepare. While I do believe we had our wake-up call game, we should not take KState lightly. If we get caught looking ahead to the Texas game, Snyder will make us pay.

Looking at Bo's stats after a bye week, how good we are on the road (possibly better than at home?), my hunch that Bo and the team are taking the house cats very seriously, the fact that kstate is dead last in the B12 against the run, the fact that we would probably be one of the best rushing offenses in the B12 had we played a conference game yet.... I would say it's hard to jump on the "This game is going to be close" bandwagon. Just me.

Plus, given how good our seconday is, that makes me think that we have some security against the pass and the Defense brothers have put in a lot of study time against the run in the past week.

I'm looking for the O-Line to have a good game... we will need that to happen.

Looking at Bo's stats after a bye week, how good we are on the road (possibly better than at home?), my hunch that Bo and the team are taking the house cats very seriously, the fact that kstate is dead last in the B12 against the run, the fact that we would probably be one of the best rushing offenses in the B12 had we played a conference game yet.... I would say it's hard to jump on the "This game is going to be close" bandwagon. Just me.

Plus, given how good our seconday is, that makes me think that we have some security against the pass and the Defense brothers have put in a lot of study time against the run in the past week.

I'm looking for the O-Line to have a good game... we will need that to happen.

yeah I agree I honestly dont think that this game is going to be that close..Like you said bo always gets him team ready and pumped up after bye weeks,and we also play good on the road.

I understand a healthy sense of caution for this game. Thomas is extremely talented.

BUT

Where I go crosseyed is the part where fans go from watching Nebraska beat a team by two touchdowns that they should have beat by five touchdowns and get to, "We're going to get whipped by a one-dimensional offense that had their own near-upset against a noncon patsy."

Does not compute.

• Fire 3