No Red Allowed in KSU's Vanier Football Complex

knapplc

No red allowed in KSU complex

Vanier no red zone

Apparently, there is a longstanding, unwritten rule that no one wears red inside K-State's Vanier Football Complex. Nebraska is not directly identified as the reason for this rule, but the connection is hard to miss.

"I have a red Affliction shirt that I wear, and a few weeks ago I wore it in," center Wade Weibert said. "As soon as I got down to the locker room, I realized I was wearing it. I took it off and walked around in my undershirt the rest of the time."

If Nebraska is the reason for this rule, the Wildcats won't give the Huskers the psychological satisfaction of admitting it.

"That's just how it is," Weibert said. "We don't get hung up too much on the no-red policy to stop and think that Coach takes a lot of weight in the Nebraska game."

Key matchup — KSU receivers vs. Nebraska secondary

Nebraska has one of the best secondaries in the nation, led by cornerback Prince Amukamara. The Huskers rank first nationally in pass-efficiency defense, third in pass defense and fifth in interceptions with 10.

If K-State is forced to throw the ball, the onus will be on K-State's receivers to create separation.

"I think their secondary is really, really good," receiver Chris Harper said. "They have two future pros at corner, and their safeties are strong. I think it's going to be a really tough task, but I'm really confident in what our guys can do."

I never wear red. Only 12 saturdays a year for about 5 hours or so.

Not a fan in the offseason?

Anyways...it is hilarious how bad ksu hates us. Jealousy makes people crazy.

ha.. no bigger fan than I - as we all would hopefully say cheers.gif

Red just doesnt look good on me without a white N on it. dunno.gif

& my girlfriend has amazing red hair and doesnt do red either so its just all crazy

My wife wishes that was the case with me because 3/4 of my wardrobe in the closet is Husker apparel

exactly 3 things in my closet polo, brooks brothers, and husker gear

Our closets are identical. Can't miss with the horse, golden fleece, and Herbie

My wife wishes that was the case with me because 3/4 of my wardrobe in the closet is Husker apparel

exactly 3 things in my closet polo, brooks brothers, and husker gear

Our closets are identical. Can't miss with the horse, golden fleece, and Herbie

exactly must be the southern upbringing (assuming by UGA husker) that allows us to share the same ideals