Stadium Expansion

knapp, set up a webcam damnit! :lol:

This is all tschu. I asked him to stand next to the site with a camera, taking pics every 30 seconds an uploading them to a feed, but would he? No.

He said he would have done it for Lambeau, though.

Boo! Tsss!

I can give daily updates from my job in Manter Hall tho!

Today a beam was raised, one grid unit up, into the middle part of the 4th section from the north. Also some dump trucks drove around and I heard a guy yelling. How's that?

Im calling bs, theres no way you would be able to tell it was the middle of the 4th section from that angle. eyeswear2allthatsholy

One of the cranes was swinging around a port-a-potty today. And it looks like they've started putting up the frame for another section.

Yep, they have. Guys were up working on the south main column thing both times I got to look, so Im guessing the southern sections will start going up very soon.

I really need to understand construction better, to me those pictures look like every other construction site...only with a stadium; Some guys in hard hats show up, fence everything off, throw dirt and trash everywhere and then add 10-20 minutes to my commute...I've never been able to judge progress on those places.

I have more, just didn't have time to put them up yesterday.

Memorial Stadium's original inscription, soon to be covered by the facade:

DSCF0573.jpg

The sigil on the original gates of the University property, showing the school's founding date of 2/15/1869.

DSCF0596.jpg

A couple of shots of the original foundation, exposed for expansion work.

DSCF0598.jpg

DSCF0600.jpg

These two are taken from the pedestrian bridge to Haymarket. The cranes lined up neatly in the second pic.

DSCF0610.jpg

DSCF0613.jpg

This is from the parking lot just east of the arena site. Nearly identical to corncraze's, and judging by the shadows we couldn't have missed each other by more than 30 minutes.

DSCF0615.jpg

Here's a panorama of the north half of downtown Lincoln, showing all six construction cranes in use right now.

DSCF0626.jpg

• Fire 3

They're just going to cover it up. It will be visible from inside the new building, but not from the street.

According to the plans they've posted you should be able to see the half-dome via an alcove, but the inscription will be buried, as will the seals. Here's some pics of the seals I took back in 2008:

click for bigger

seals02.jpg_thumb.jpg

seals04.jpg_thumb.jpg

I also found a pic of the old east entrance from 2008:

eastentrance03.jpg

That gnarly marled sidewalk won't be missed, but the trees were nice. Too bad about them. I picked up a branch from the pine tree on the north side of this space when they knocked it down.

I had to edit that last line, but you quoted me before I changed it. There was a tall pine on the far north side - that's the branch I have.

I thought about sawing it into little discs and giving them away to people. But who would want that? Sometimes my "that's a good idea!" ideas aren't such good ideas the next day. :)