Stadium Expansion

I was there on Friday afternoon and Saturday. I was really impressed with how fast its going and the progress on the arena. Stayed in the Holiday Inn and was up on the 14th floor looking out toward the Haymarket and could really get a good look at things. Pretty exciting time for NU.

Where are your pics?

Sadly . . .I didn't even think to take any on my phone until I saw yours. I'll probably be back down there in a week or two and will take some if I go back by the project. I did have a chance to go through the stadium and see a bunch of the stuff they have done with the meeting and weight rooms etc that I hadn't been to in a few years.

I remember being in the weight rooms as a kid with my dad and meeting a bunch of players. That place was state of the art then and was crap. I always thought it just looked like a bunch of machines and bar bells, benches etc. The cool part was watching guys bench press but it stunk and seemed old at the time even though that stuff was pretty new for the time. Now I don't know why..but I always think back to Rocky IV with the Russian. It just seems like there is some much cool stuff in their that we are using to do things and get readings, etc. Saw some of the Dline and I think Compton but I didn't see his face lifting. They've either slimmed down since last season or turned that extra weight from blubber to muscle. I thought our guys looked fat last year at times. They seem built right now. I know they changed things nutrition wise and it shows.

I was there on Friday afternoon and Saturday. I was really impressed with how fast its going and the progress on the arena. Stayed in the Holiday Inn and was up on the 14th floor looking out toward the Haymarket and could really get a good look at things. Pretty exciting time for NU.

Where are your pics?

Sadly . . .I didn't even think to take any on my phone until I saw yours. I'll probably be back down there in a week or two and will take some if I go back by the project. I did have a chance to go through the stadium and see a bunch of the stuff they have done with the meeting and weight rooms etc that I hadn't been to in a few years.

I remember being in the weight rooms as a kid with my dad and meeting a bunch of players. That place was state of the art then and was crap. I always thought it just looked like a bunch of machines and bar bells, benches etc. The cool part was watching guys bench press but it stunk and seemed old at the time even though that stuff was pretty new for the time. Now I don't know why..but I always think back to Rocky IV with the Russian. It just seems like there is some much cool stuff in their that we are using to do things and get readings, etc. Saw some of the Dline and I think Compton but I didn't see his face lifting. They've either slimmed down since last season or turned that extra weight from blubber to muscle. I thought our guys looked fat last year at times. They seem built right now. I know they changed things nutrition wise and it shows.

Thanks for the info. I thought we looked fat and slow on the Dline as well. Glad they seem to be addressing that.

Cant wait for the new addition to be done, its going to look great.

Have ya'll seen A&M's plan for their expansion of Kyle field? They plan to expand seating to 115,000.

Link here: http://209.189.226.235/aandmnews/091804kyle.php

091804kyle1.jpg

Now this is by no means a done deal. They would have to find the finances and be able to find space to produce such a large structure. So it is likely that they will expand a few thousand at a time to get to this capacity. The university is still looking into options... but this would be sick. Once finished, they will put awnings over the top sections of the stadium... trapping in sound towards the field and providing cover from the elements. It would make Kyle Field the biggest, and the loudest stadium in all of college football.

Have ya'll seen A&M's plan for their expansion of Kyle field? They plan to expand seating to 115,000.

Link here: http://209.189.226.2.../091804kyle.php

091804kyle1.jpg

Now this is by no means a done deal. They would have to find the finances and be able to find space to produce such a large structure. So it is likely that they will expand a few thousand at a time to get to this capacity. The university is still looking into options... but this would be sick. Once finished, they will put awnings over the top sections of the stadium... trapping in sound towards the field and providing cover from the elements. It would make Kyle Field the biggest, and the loudest stadium in all of college football.

That's what our stadium needs to look like someday.

Link here: http://209.189.226.2.../091804kyle.php

091804kyle1.jpg

That's an article from 2004. Are they still planning on doing that expansion plan?

Why would A&M want to add 20,000 more empty seats? Seriously though they may want to think about this, I'm not sure the move to the SEC is going to help long term attendance if you know what I mean. That stadium is pretty unique looking now and that drawing just turned it into every other bowl shape out there. Not to mention the upper deck is way, way out there.

Work proceeds apace on both the East Stadium and the Arena.

DSCF0677.jpg

DSCF0679.jpg

They are moving right along with the ironwork here. I forgot to go to the south side and get a pic of the progress over there. Maybe next week.

DSCF0683.jpg

This shot is from atop the parking garage at 14th & Avery. Not sure it's very descriptive, but it's a different angle.

DSCF0689.jpg

DSCF0693.jpg

The bowl of the arena is pretty much finished. Some internal structural work to take care of, and this thing will be encircled. Compare these to the pics I took on FEB 9th, and you'll see that they've made tremendous progress.

Here are some pics from Huskers.com of the Arena model. Not sure if these have been posted here.

PBA_Model-A.jpg

PBA_Model-B.jpg

• Fire 1