Stadium Expansion

Made a quick and sleazy animation of the changes to East Stadium from a couple of pics. It's ugly because I suck at this, and because the pics are taken from two different cameras. But it shows the remarkable progress they've made in just eight months.

EastStadiumChanges.gif

I have more pictures to post from this AM, but I spent too much time talking to all the Husker fans from out of town who were here to look at the stadium and Arena. I'll post the rest of the pics later.

The first four are pics of a new beam going up. This beam is 70 feet long and weighs about 18 tons.

DSCF0804.jpg

DSCF0825.jpg

Getting ready to tie the beam in.

DSCF0830.jpg

DSCF0835.jpg

From Ed Weir Track looking south.

DSCF0849.jpg

This is the new hotel they're putting up at 9th & Q. Thought you guys might want to see what this looks like.

DSCF0851.jpg

They're moving on to the outer ring now. They've just about closed the inner ring that will encompass the court, and they're working on inner structural stuff.

DSCF0854.jpg

A couple from the Haymarket foot bridge, showing the last gap in the ring.

DSCF0859.jpg

DSCF0861.jpg

• Fire 2

Watching the progress gives me mixed emotions. On one hand I think it is cool to have the East side built up, on the other hand I remember when I went to my first game as a kid and the first view of the stadium was the East side. A bit sad to see what I remember go away. I am not local so now that my kids are getting big enough to go, I feel a bit sad that when we make the trip their experience will be different. Heck I had a hard time watching the Tunnel Walk come out of the NW corner instead of the SW corner when I first saw it that way.

Watching the progress gives me mixed emotions. On one hand I think it is cool to have the East side built up, on the other hand I remember when I went to my first game as a kid and the first view of the stadium was the East side. A bit sad to see what I remember go away. I am not local so now that my kids are getting big enough to go, I feel a bit sad that when we make the trip their experience will be different. Heck I had a hard time watching the Tunnel Walk come out of the NW corner instead of the SW corner when I first saw it that way.

time marches on