Special Tunnel Walk for the UT game

I do know this.... the flyover is gonna be pretty cool Im told. A friend my younger days, her husband was chosen as to the flyover before the game. Dont know what kinda of planes their gonna use. But they live in Texas(originaly from Nebraska), so i guess coming from Texas to do a flyover it must be something cool.

Hope they land in time for the game. Our flyovers have been weak lately.

I still want some F-114 Stealths to flyover.

I know for a fact there will not be any F-114 Stealths flying over this game. I do know that there will be T-38 jets flying, although I don't know exactly how many but at least two im guessing 4. My cousin is in the Air Force at a base in Texas and a HUGE Husker fan. He put his name in about a year ago to try to get the flyover to this game, AND HE GOT IT!! My whole family is going to the game to watch this once in a lifetime event. Can't wait to see him fly and get announced on the field later in the game!!!!

GBR

I know for a fact there will not be any F-114 Stealths flying over this game. I do know that there will be T-38 jets flying, although I don't know exactly how many but at least two im guessing 4. My cousin is in the Air Force at a base in Texas and a HUGE Husker fan. He put his name in about a year ago to try to get the flyover to this game, AND HE GOT IT!! My whole family is going to the game to watch this once in a lifetime event. Can't wait to see him fly and get announced on the field later in the game!!!!

GBR

Aren't the training jets the NEANG uses T-38s?

GBR

They're also the NASA planes aren't they?

GBR

They're also the NASA planes aren't they?

I guess I haven't heard of NEANG?? So you might be right. He trains other pilots in the T-38 so I thought that is what they would fly. I will get ahold of him later tonight and find out for sure.

And yes these planes are used by NASA, and were built by Northrop which is now Northrup Grumman.

NEANG = Nebraska Air National Guard. I live on the rim of the valley where the Lincoln Airport sits and I get to see the NEANG fly around all the time. I also get to see the fly-over planes come in the morning of the game, usually, and sometimes I see them as they do practice runs out north of town.

NEANG = Nebraska Air National Guard. I live on the rim of the valley where the Lincoln Airport sits and I get to see the NEANG fly around all the time. I also get to see the fly-over planes come in the morning of the game, usually, and sometimes I see them as they do practice runs out north of town.

Oh I got ya, sorry I was thinking you were talking about another type of plane, my bad. But ya they very well could use these, they are the most produced supersonic trainer planes in America so it would not be a stretch to think they use them. They are flying in on Friday since it is a 2:30 game and will also do a pre run Friday afternoon sometime.

I don't know for sure but the NE ANG unit is a refueling squadron so I don't know why they'd be using an advanced jet trainer...

I'm guessing if it is T-38's they're probably from Randolph AFB near San Antonio or Sheppard AFB near some small town...

And don't you mean the F-117 stealth? If so, unfortunately that plane has been retired.

I don't know for sure but the NE ANG unit is a refueling squadron so I don't know why they'd be using an advanced jet trainer...

I'm guessing if it is T-38's they're probably from Randolph AFB near San Antonio or Sheppard AFB near some small town...

And don't you mean the F-117 stealth? If so, unfortunately that plane has been retired.

Ya they are coming from Sheppard Air Force Base in Texas. I dunno about NEANG and have not ever been to the airport in Lincoln so I do not have any idea about that.

GBR

That's awesome man! What a sweet experience!