If Texas wins the toss

Sparker

I asked this in another thread, but I thought I would see what more people think about it. If Texas winds the toss, do they put the ball in the hands of there struggling offense, or do they let Martinez take the field to start the game?

Normally I wouldn't think twice about it, but Texas might have to put a little more thought into it than normal. If Martinez and the improved O can rip off a few big plays and get the crowd going it could be over quick. On the flip side, if the blackshirts face plant gilbert grape a few times it could be just as awesome. Either way, you have to think we have the advantage.

If I were Texas, I'd defer to the 2nd half every time. Methinks they'd wanna make an early statement on Martinez (if they can) 'cause star-power aside, he's still just a redshirt frosh, and this is his first huge home game. Slowing him down and forcing a punt on the 1st drive would make a big statement right off the bat IMO.

I was talking to my friends at k st. game and I think we've won every toss this year. Does anyone know or how to find out?

I would LOVE it if gilbert threw a pic six on his first passing attempt of the game.I hope that we go on defense first.

If Texas winds the toss, do they put the ball in the hands of there struggling offense, or do they let Martinez take the field to start the game?
I'd bet they defer. UT is more concerned about their offense than their defense. The will want to give the O a chance for the extra possession with halftime adjustments.

But the Pelinis are one step ahead, and will make halftime adjustments for the Blackshirts to counter UT's offensive adjustments. heh heh.

and sdsu took the ball

you'd think UTerus would want their best platoon on the field first (defense)

on the other hand, if they have new wrinkles they feel good about, they might want the ball and see if they can't get a quick score or at least a head start on the field position battle.

carl has a tendency to give some cushion on the first drive aeb Ksux driving right down to our 27 before we stopped them.