Recievers, and play calling.

What exactly did Watson do wrong? Personally, I saw him stay patient with the running game (for all four quarters, and it worked out pretty well actually), put Taylor in good positions (most of which, in the zone-read game, he overthought and blew), gave him good routes to throw to, and adjusted quite well with Zac going in. The coaches' job before any other is to put players in a position to win. He did that, did he not?

The OC is responsible for "performance", not excuses. Six points just doesn't hack it.

The people that bitch about play calling wish we'd run when we throw and throw when we run. It is knee jerk fan stuff. I haven't been part of the fire Watson crowd but an offense that makes that many mistakes has to fall somewhere.

The dropped passes are just baffling. Our freshman QB looked like a freshman. Did know one see that coming?

Thenarse can't tackle.

Overall D played well enough to win. 10 of those points were gifts by turnovers and poor special teams play.

Not challenging Reeds 3rd down catch, the onside kick, having 12 men on the field at the end.

Total team loss- O, Special teams, Coaching and D.

Other zone read focused teams don't seem to have to throw in the towel and revert to pure passing wco when they are getting stuffed. They seem to have counters and whatnot built into their offensive system. Our problem is that we are still more than one offensive system, although it isnt as bad this year as last year. I'm kinda talking out my ass, but seriously when you compare to other offensive systems you have to acknowledge that something is amiss somewhere beyond mere execution.

The people that bitch about play calling wish we'd run when we throw and throw when we run. It is knee jerk fan stuff. I haven't been part of the fire Watson crowd but an offense that makes that many mistakes has to fall somewhere.

The dropped passes are just baffling. Our freshman QB looked like a freshman. Did know one see that coming?

Thenarse can't tackle.

Overall D played well enough to win. 10 of those points were gifts by turnovers and poor special teams play.

Not challenging Reeds 3rd down catch, the onside kick, having 12 men on the field at the end.

Well, our freshman qb had at least SIX dropped passes. I suppose if he was a senior that wouldn't happen? Oh wait.....

The dropped passes aren't his fault but the fumbles are and the missed reads on the run plays. He looked pretty rattled out there don't you think?

Thenarse can't tackle.

I've never been a fan of Watson. It has nothing to do with today. The receivers dropped 3 Touchdowns and another that would have given us the ball on the 4 yard line. He can't do anything about that. However, he is a zone-reading son of a gun. On the drive where Kinnie dropped the 4th and 15 td pass, we ran the zone read on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down. Watson was on a roll and if it would have been 4th and any shorter, he would have ran it again just to see if anything had changed.

I've never really believed that it was his idea to ever go to this offense either. He's green at it so maybe eventually he will master it. I've always had doubts about him though. When Callahan was here, and even when we were steamrolling other teams this year. It always looked like a better athlete just making the play instead of a great play call that had the defense off balance.

I'm sure some here will disagree and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

What exactly did Watson do wrong? Personally, I saw him stay patient with the running game (for all four quarters, and it worked out pretty well actually), put Taylor in good positions (most of which, in the zone-read game, he overthought and blew), gave him good routes to throw to, and adjusted quite well with Zac going in. The coaches' job before any other is to put players in a position to win. He did that, did he not?

The OC is responsible for "performance", not excuses. Six points just doesn't hack it.

Somehow I agree with both of these posts. I don't have a problem with the play calling but eventually poor execution has to go back to coaching. There is something missing with this O, even when they are in position to succeed, too often they pee down their leg.

The dropped passes weren't his fault, butt where are the adjustment? I mean after the read option doesnt work 11 straight times, run something to counter the other teams scheme. It won't just magically work the 12th time.

Where is the misdirection, the draws, the play action, any simple bootlegs and screens? If the players catch the ball, we win...but 6 points??!!!

• Fire 1

The dropped passes weren't his fault, butt where are the adjustment? I mean after the read option doesnt work 11 straight times, run something to counter the other teams scheme. It won't just magically work the 12th time.

Where is the misdirection, the draws, the play action, any simple bootlegs and screens? If the players catch the ball, we win...but 6 points??!!!

I asked for this several times during in the official thread. Get him into space...

So now it is Watson's fault that our WRs and RBs drop sure passes today?

It is his fault that, as warned before the season even started, that Taylor is a great runner but a horrid passer?

Here is a reality everyone needs to accept for right now - with Taylor, you will find big plays with his feet, but when facing teams that can hold him in check, he is useless. He cannot read a defense, does not have the arm to get passes into windows, short arms throws to guys who are open, and fails to give his WRs opportunity to get YAC when he does hit them.

He's a runner, and nothing else. When forced to be a real QB, he will not succeed. Basically, we have zero passing attack with him under center, and are limited to being nearly a solely running team.

And as hard as it is to believe, Zac Lee runs the zone read better than Taylor does. I know someone will see that and think I am crazy, but from what I seen today, it is absolutely true. So many times this year Taylor has made horrid reads on the DT or DE that has actually hindered us from gaining more yards than we have already. With Zac, his key reads were completely different and actually had the defense guessing on who they should take.

I will not even go into passing. Zac is on another level.

But more than anything - Gilmore needs to be fired, yesterday. I've said it for years how worthless this guy is, and today it showed even more. I'm still waiting for the first WR to develop and flourish under him.

Niles Paul - you deserved to be benched today. You think you are a #1, but yet you play like a 230lbs version of Frantz Hardy.

Hopefully today was a reality check for a few players and their egos. Same for a few coaches on this staff. Quit with this favorites BS, and play the guy who earned his spot.

• Fire 1

Did anyone notice that when Martinez ran the zone read the RB went outside the Tackle and the QB went between the Tackle and Guard. This was ineffective. When Lee ran the zone read the RB went between the Center and Guard and the QB went between the opposite Guard and Tackle. This was more effective.

I think both threw the ball pretty well and the line protected well. I dont understand why our running game is limited to 2 plays which each require a different QB. Really I believe I saw only 2 different running plays.

So now it is Watson's fault that our WRs and RBs drop sure passes today?

It is his fault that, as warned before the season even started, that Taylor is a great runner but a horrid passer?

Here is a reality everyone needs to accept for right now - with Taylor, you will find big plays with his feet, but when facing teams that can hold him in check, he is useless. He cannot read a defense, does not have the arm to get passes into windows, short arms throws to guys who are open, and fails to give his WRs opportunity to get YAC when he does hit them.

He's a runner, and nothing else. When forced to be a real QB, he will not succeed. Basically, we have zero passing attack with him under center, and are limited to being nearly a solely running team.

And as hard as it is to believe, Zac Lee runs the zone read better than Taylor does. I know someone will see that and think I am crazy, but from what I seen today, it is absolutely true. So many times this year Taylor has made horrid reads on the DT or DE that has actually hindered us from gaining more yards than we have already. With Zac, his key reads were completely different and actually had the defense guessing on who they should take.

I will not even go into passing. Zac is on another level.

But more than anything - Gilmore needs to be fired, yesterday. I've said it for years how worthless this guy is, and today it showed even more. I'm still waiting for the first WR to develop and flourish under him.

Niles Paul - you deserved to be benched today. You think you are a #1, but yet you play like a 230lbs version of Frantz Hardy.

Hopefully today was a reality check for a few players and their egos. Same for a few coaches on this staff. Quit with this favorites BS, and play the guy who earned his spot.

Did you even watch the game today?

Martinez was on target with nearly every throw. Drops everywhere killed his passing performance.

Watson never said Taylor wasn't a good passer. He's stated many times that he is one of the better passers he's worked with. I think it's entirely Watson's fault that he would run zone-read on 1st and 10, 2nd and 9, and then throw on 3rd and 8. If not it was zone read all 3 plays. Granted the WRs were struggling but you have to give yourself a chance to win. There was no way Texas was going to let us run the ball and the passing game was there. I'll take a 50% chance a wr actually catches a ball over a 50% chance we get more than 1 yard on the ground.