Biggest mistake

I felt like the biggest mistake today was the preparation. We went into the game, treating it just like "another game", and Texas realized this game was THE game for their season to have any hope the rest of the way.

Coaches should be disappointed, the first mistake in all of this was not realizing how much this meant to OUR season and this program.

I am ashamed to be a Nebraska fan, as it looked as if we were playing to lose, and the Zac Lee change in the 3rd quarter showed how little confidence the coaches have in any decision they've made so far.

Congrats to the defense, because it was not their fault we lose today. Giving Texas possessions in NU territory was the reason we lose this game. You cannot blame the NU defense for giving up 20 points when Texas had field position all day like they did.

Big letdown, and I don't even know what to think from here on out. If Missouri psyches themselves up enough for the game, Missouri will win.

Nebraska cannot treat big games like "just another game" anymore. Certain games are must wins.

I feel like a loser for supporting Nebraska all these years. All I know is dissapointment the last time that I was happy with our team was when I was in 5th grade in 2001. This whole decade has been nothing but utter crap and heartbreak.

I felt like the biggest mistake today was the preparation. We went into the game, treating it just like "another game", and Texas realized this game was THE game for their season to have any hope the rest of the way.

Coaches should be disappointed, the first mistake in all of this was not realizing how much this meant to OUR season and this program.

I am ashamed to be a Nebraska fan, as it looked as if we were playing to lose, and the Zac Lee change in the 3rd quarter showed how little confidence the coaches have in any decision they've made so far.

Congrats to the defense, because it was not their fault we lose today. Giving Texas possessions in NU territory was the reason we lose this game. You cannot blame the NU defense for giving up 20 points when Texas had field position all day like they did.

Big letdown, and I don't even know what to think from here on out. If Missouri psyches themselves up enough for the game, Missouri will win.

Nebraska cannot treat big games like "just another game" anymore. Certain games are must wins.

I have to agree with the bold. The decision to scrap your depth chart in an instant, while probably the right move, is just one of the most bizarre things I've seen as a Husker fan. Whether they like it or not, the controversy beings now.

I feel like a loser for supporting Nebraska all these years. All I know is dissapointment the last time that I was happy with our team was when I was in 5th grade in 2001. This whole decade has been nothing but utter crap and heartbreak.

Jesus, dood. Do we need to call someone to keep an eye on you?

• Fire 1

Disappointing loss. But this game was more a must win for the fans than it was for the team. Reminded me a lot of Iowas State last year.... we did everything we could to keep from scoring. As I recall, though, our season ended pretty well. Let's take 'em one game at a time, and go out Big 12 champs.

Regardless what happens I will never consider us champs of a conference whose king we could never beat.

Jesus, dood. Do we need to call someone to keep an eye on you?

Haha I will be ok I am used to dissapointment,husker football this decade has mostly been a summary of my life.I dont have anything to look forward to in either one.

I have to agree with the bold. The decision to scrap your depth chart in an instant, while probably the right move, is just one of the most bizarre things I've seen as a Husker fan. Whether they like it or not, the controversy beings now.

i can only assume you are referring to Wats.....as soon as it was apparent they played to take away the zone read, changes should have been made in the first quarter, everyone knew their speed was going to key on containment, Wats acted like he wasn't prepared with plan B.

Win or lose, it's still a football game... It irks the hell out of me that we will leave the Big 12 with a really bad record against Texas but it can't be changed. Only losers dwell on the past. Learn from it and MOVE THE F**k ON!

NEXT!

It is stated over and over....you can complain about the complainers but then you have just become one yourself. If it bothers you so much you can just come back in a few days.

The game plan may have looked better if not for all the dropped passes. A lot of blame to go around but those drops made a big difference in the play calls.

The players crapped their pants, pure and simple. It must have been difficult for Wats to draw up plays knowing his receivers would not be able to catch anything. Texas's defense showed how superior it was to our offense early on in the game, and the O couldn't recover.

Nebraska's offense needs a new wrinkle, and I don't think the zone read is the right choice for the team from an all-encompassing standpoint. They need to be able to spread people out, run bubble screens and get playmakers in positions in the open field to make plays. I live in Norman and have been to numerous OU games, and see how effective they are at spreading the field and getting the playmakers the ball in space. This is the wrinkle the NU offense needs to expand if it wants to be successful.

The game plan may have looked better if not for all the dropped passes. A lot of blame to go around but those drops made a big difference in the play calls.

The players crapped their pants, pure and simple. It must have been difficult for Wats to draw up plays knowing his receivers would not be able to catch anything. Texas's defense showed how superior it was to our offense early on in the game, and the O couldn't recover.

Nebraska's offense needs a new wrinkle, and I don't think the zone read is the right choice for the team from an all-encompassing standpoint. They need to be able to spread people out, run bubble screens and get playmakers in positions in the open field to make plays. I live in Norman and have been to numerous OU games, and see how effective they are at spreading the field and getting the playmakers the ball in space. This is the wrinkle the NU offense needs to expand if it wants to be successful.

One problem.

Big difference between the Nebraska "playmakers" and the OU "playmakers".

All in all, I agree that the offense predicated on the zone read is not our best bet. We will continue to smoke the lesser opponents and get owned by good D. That's standard operating procedure for the zone read offense. I wouldn't scrap that play, but I wouldnt base our offense on it either.