Showdown in Stilly

AAChucko

Anyway, no I am not a homer but I think Mizzou and OSU are the 2 worst remaining undefeated teams in the NCAA. Wait, LSU is also a huge fraud as well.

Go Big red! :throwdabones1:

And everyone is entitled to their opinion, but 6-0 is 6-0. We were supposed to be the doormat of the Big 12 South this year and yet, somehow we are 6-0. There is zero pressure on the Cowboys and all the pressure in the world on Nebraska. OSU may be (as you said) one of the worst remaining teams in the NCAA, but they will come out and punch Nebraska in the mouth. I look forward to talking about this game on Sunday, win or lose.

Safe travels to all. I gotta hit the road to Stillwater, USA!!!! GO POKES.

i do not think ok. st is a fraud. they usually put our decent squads, and this year is no different. i do disagree that all of the pressure is on NU. we have already lost a game and realize the world has not ended. not only that, we (for some inexplicable reason) have less pressure on the road. and most importantly, we can lose this game and all of our goals are still ahead of us. we had a lot of pressure last week, now not so much. and when you are undefeated, each week the pressure mounts and rises exponentially. either way, should be a good game and hopefully both teams play well.

i think the offensive line will be pissed off and come out and play smash mouth football. all running plays featuring Helu and Burkhead, maybe Martinez carries a couple downs, touchdown in 11 plays, on our first possession......set the tone and beat down the guys up front on Okie State and keep the ball away from their offense.

Here is how I see this one playing out. OSU has an offense (2nd in points for) but they are once again terrible on defense. They are 73rd in points allowed so far this year and they have played 1 team with a 500 or better record.

By the way, here are the records of the teams we have played and some of their stats (straight off the NCAA site).

WSU - 1-6 (0-4) - 116th Rushing Offense, 31st Passing O, 119th Rush D, 104th Pass D

Troy - 4-2 (3-0) - 48th Rushing Offense, 11th Passing O, 40th Rush D, 109th Pass D

Tulsa - 4-3 (2-2) - 17th Rushing Offense, 27th Passing O, 25th Rush D, 120th Pass D

TAMU - 3-3 (0-2) - 63rd Rushing Offense, 10th Passing O, 2nd Rush D, 101st Pass D

Louisiana Laf - 2-4 (2-2) - 108th Rushing Offense, 48th Passing O, 54th Rush D, 113th Pass D

Tech 3-3 (1-3) - 95th Rushing Offense, 6th Passing O, 53rd Rush D, 117th Pass D

OSU - 41st Rush O, 3rd Pass O, 36th Rush D, 114th Pass D

I'll be first to admit that our schedule has been a giant cupcake. And good grief, the passing defenses. But that's still 4 teams .500 or better overall.

Hate to say it, HuskerinHouston, but andyokstate got you good on that one. :ph34r:

No matter how you slice it, this is gonna be a tough game for the Huskers to pull off. We've seen them respond well after games like last week, and we're on a nice winning streak on the road. But, you just never know how things are going to go.

OSU is every bit as battle-tested as we are, the big difference being they've proven they can finish close back-and-forth games to get the W. Whether we Husker fans like it or not, these Pokes present some huge challenges, and even with all the chips on the table, they might just be the better team b/c thus far this season, they've proven they have an edge on opponents when the going gets tough. We haven't done that yet, but that's not to say we won't. This is a huge opportunity for NU to redeem itself and prove its worth in the Big12 this season.

Here is how I see this one playing out. OSU has an offense (2nd in points for) but they are once again terrible on defense. They are 73rd in points allowed so far this year and they have played 1 team with a 500 or better record.

By the way, here are the records of the teams we have played and some of their stats (straight off the NCAA site).

WSU - 1-6 (0-4) - 116th Rushing Offense, 31st Passing O, 119th Rush D, 104th Pass D

Troy - 4-2 (3-0) - 48th Rushing Offense, 11th Passing O, 40th Rush D, 109th Pass D

Tulsa - 4-3 (2-2) - 17th Rushing Offense, 27th Passing O, 25th Rush D, 120th Pass D

TAMU - 3-3 (0-2) - 63rd Rushing Offense, 10th Passing O, 2nd Rush D, 101st Pass D

Louisiana Laf - 2-4 (2-2) - 108th Rushing Offense, 48th Passing O, 54th Rush D, 113th Pass D

I'll be first to admit that our schedule has been a giant cupcake. And good grief, the passing defenses. But that's still 4 teams .500 or better overall.

Ya, 104, 109, 120, 101, 113, 117 and now..........FIRST.

That is going to be a wake up call one would think.

Ya, 104, 109, 120, 101, 113, 117 and now..........FIRST.

That is going to be a wake up call one would think.

So that's why Blackmon has almost 1,000 receiving yards already.

I think we will have to have a similar gameplan that we had againt Texas Tech in 2008. Yes that means that our offense has to sustain drives to keep their offense off the field and our defense well rested.

dedhoarse

It is like beating a dead horse around here!

Who came up with these cupcake schedules? Oh, for us is the left over of Peterson era of botch director of athletics.

I usually throw the stats out the f**ken window on game days. I can not imagine Okies putting up 30+ points on Husker D. Texas did not put up that many points against us. For Texas A and M defense 2nd in the nation as a rush defense? That is a joke, playing against S.F.Austin, Louisiana Tech, and FIU.

:LOLtartar

:bigredn: 48

Oklahoma State 14

Football safety tip: Never eat during a big game, it is possible to be choking on food as you are yelling and screaming.

:bonesflag: :bonesflag: :bonesflag: :bonesflag:

Happy Halloween !!!!!!!!

Go Big REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Congrats on the win. Our offense did exactly what I thought they would do. Hunter and Blackmon got their yards, but your front 7 moved ours around. Kudos on a talented qb with excellent mobility. 2 talented teams with a lot of room for improvement on defense.

I predicted 35 points. Never in a million years would I think that 41 wouldn't be enough to beat Nebraska. Congrats to your team and fans. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Stillwater. Go Pokes.

I'm pretty excited for this game, I think it should be fun. While I haven't completely bought into the hype about OSU's offense, I still think they are by far the most balanced team that Nebraska has faced until now. Adding to that the fact that the Nebraska offense will have a lot to prove and OSU isn't exactly known to be a defensive stalwart should combine for a very exciting offensive show with flashes of defensive brilliance sprinkled in. I'm looking forward to watching it.

Kudos for nailing this prediction. :thumbs

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

And to paraphrase Bobby Knight after his Raiders got destroyed by the Cowboys one seasons. "We came to play a football game. NU came to kick our asses."

And so it went. I have no analysis except for your guys just took it to us. That second half was brutal to watch, as we couldn't convert third down after third down against the blackshirts, and T.M. escaped time and again to make (and complete) a big throw.

I hope that those of you who attended the game enjoyed your time in Stillwater.

I, for one, am going to miss seeing the original Big Red in the Big 12ish.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

And to paraphrase Bobby Knight after his Raiders got destroyed by the Cowboys one seasons. "We came to play a football game. NU came to kick our asses."

And so it went. I have no analysis except for your guys just took it to us. That second half was brutal to watch, as we couldn't convert third down after third down against the blackshirts, and T.M. escaped time and again to make (and complete) a big throw.

I hope that those of you who attended the game enjoyed your time in Stillwater.

I, for one, am going to miss seeing the original Big Red in the Big 12ish.

Fun game to watch, OSU came to play and they have a hell of an offense. I think it will be the best we see all year. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Great game Andy, Blackmon is legit and took it to Prince. Prince hasn't had his hands full like that for quite sometime. Your offensive line did a good job opening up the run for your back who had a helluva a game from what I could hear on the radio. I hate to say this, but I'm glad we don't have to play you in the near future. OSU gives me a heart attack sometimes............