Why We Are Fine and Will Beat Okie State

GI56

The way I am feeling about this weekend is the same I felt about the Washington and KSU games. While there's a lot of fret from others on the board a feeling of confidence overcomes me personally.

Here's why.

1. There was a reason the a lot of people picked the Pokes to finish low in the preseason. A lack of returning veterans that had "big" game experience. Which of their victories so far would fall into this category. None.

2. They are a very balanced offense, but as Paxo pointed out which of those teams they played were the Monsters of the Midway or the Steel Curtain. None.

Our corners alone eliminate Blackmon. Their best weapon is Hunter. This kid is a baller and sees to be running like its 2008 all over again. He is my only concern. Their line is young and considered the weak link. Ang these seem to be the types of offenses for some reason that NU matches up extremely well with. And the Pokes are very generous this year throwing to opponents with 9 picks already.

3. The Poke defense is bad. I like what they have somewhat up front, but it is not Texas good, nor are the LBs, and especially the DBs. Let's not fool ourselves, that Texas defense was VERY good and we will not see the likes of one again in the regular season.

NU shows up survives the initial surge that will come at them ala Washington and KSU and takes the Boone Pickeners right out of the game. I like a NU win and a cover for the betters.

The way I am feeling about this weekend is the same I felt about the Washington and KSU games. While there's a lot of fret from others on the board a feeling of confidence overcomes me personally.

Here's why.

1. There was a reason the a lot of people picked the Pokes to finish low in the preseason. A lack of returning veterans that had "big" game experience. Which of their victories so far would fall into this category. None.

2. They are a very balanced offense, but as Paxo pointed out which of those teams they played were the Monsters of the Midway or the Steel Curtain. None.

Our corners alone eliminate Blackmon. Their best weapon is Hunter. This kid is a baller and sees to be running like its 2008 all over again. He is my only concern. Their line is young and considered the weak link. Ang these seem to be the types of offenses for some reason that NU matches up extremely well with. And the Pokes are very generous this year throwing to opponents with 9 picks already.

3. The Poke defense is bad. I like what they have somewhat up front, but it is not Texas good, nor are the LBs, and especially the DBs. Let's not fool ourselves, that Texas defense was VERY good and we will not see the likes of one again in the regular season.

NU shows up survives the initial surge that will come at them ala Washington and KSU and takes the Boone Pickeners right out of the game. I like a NU win and a cover for the betters.

I know OSU is running the ole tech offense, but can't they still run it some too? Don't they still have that Kendall Hunter? Havn't actually seen OSU this year.

Here's why.

I know OSU is running the ole tech offense, but can't they still run it some too? Don't they still have that Kendall Hunter? Havn't actually seen OSU this year.

That's why I said they are very balanced. You hear about Blackmon because of his outlandish receiving numbers, but it starts and ends with Hunter in my eyes. That's why I think he is their best weapon and he is running this year like he did two years ago when he was an AA. Injuries last year derailed his season.

I just like this matchup for NU though for some reason. Knew Texas would be tough, and even expected the worse, but let's not confuse the Pokes D to the Horns.

Here's why.

That's why I said they are very balanced. You hear about Blackmon because of his outlandish receiving numbers, but it starts and ends with Hunter in my eyes. That's why I think he is their best weapon and he is running this year like he did two years ago when he was an AA. Injuries last year derailed his season.

I just like this matchup for NU though for some reason. Knew Texas would be tough, and even expected the worse, but let's not confuse the Pokes D to the Horns.

No doubt our Dline needs to step up and deliver a big performance. It's imperative they execute a steadfast run defense against a weapon like Hunter, and it's even more important they get pressure on Weeden b/c he's proven how dangerous he can be when defenses allow him to sit in the pocket. Make no mistake, this OSU offense is dangerous, especially if our Dline doesn't hold their own.

Not a fan of stats, the teams have different opposition, different venues, etc.

But just for the very little it's worth.

#2 scoring offense (OSU) vs #9 scoring defense (NU).

#14 scoring offense (NU) vs #73 scoring defense (OSU).

Looks like a mismatch.

Compare and contrast the apples vs oranges--

http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/rankingSummary?year=2010&org=521

Category National

Rank Actual National

Leader Actual Conf

Rank Big 12

Conference Leader Actual

Rushing Offense 41 174.33 Air Force 346.86 4 Nebraska 302.17

Passing Offense 3 361.00 Hawaii 402.43 1 Oklahoma St. 361.00

Total Offense 2 535.33 Oregon 567.00 1 Oklahoma St. 535.33

Scoring Offense 2 49.50 Oregon 54.33 1 Oklahoma St. 49.50

Rushing Defense 36 124.50 Boise St. 59.33 4 Texas A&M 77.00

Pass Efficiency Defense 58 124.27 Nebraska 80.41 8 Nebraska 80.41

Total Defense 92 404.50 Boise St. 210.17 10 Texas 245.50

Scoring Defense 73 27.17 TCU 9.29 9 Missouri 10.83

http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/rankingSummary?year=2010&org=463

Category National

Rank Actual National

Leader Actual Conf

Rank Big 12

Conference Leader Actual

Rushing Offense 4 302.17 Air Force 346.86 1 Nebraska 302.17

Passing Offense 111 143.50 Hawaii 402.43 12 Oklahoma St. 361.00

Total Offense 24 445.67 Oregon 567.00 5 Oklahoma St. 535.33

Scoring Offense 14 36.83 Oregon 54.33 2 Oklahoma St. 49.50

Rushing Defense 74 157.33 Boise St. 59.33 9 Texas A&M 77.00

Pass Efficiency Defense 1 80.41 Nebraska 80.41 1 Nebraska 80.41

Total Defense 9 274.33 Boise St. 210.17 2 Texas 245.50

Scoring Defense 9 14.00 TCU 9.29 2 Missouri 10.83

I'm not convinced. I really don't know who will win but right now I'm kind of leaning towards OSU. Yes we have been able to shut down the passing game but you can't forget that they have Kendall Hunter and our run defense has been pretty mediocre. Also their run defense isn't too bad so I don't see us winning if we can't pass the ball.