Well, Anyone Else Ready?

Husker Z

Okay, I've spent the morning reading practice reports and quotes and crap from yesterday and from all indications, our players are taking last week as another step in the learning process and they will move on and HAVE moved on to OSU. We played a very solid UT team, took a dump in our pants and lost by a touchdown, BUT all of our goals are still ahead of us. Dwelling on the stinker last weekend will do nothing from this point forward, nothing.

New week, new opponent and an opportunity to get this train rolling again. I took the loss pretty hard (especially considering my entire family is Misery fans and they looked good and get gameday this week) but, I'm ready to move on. What made me feel quite a bit better was reading an "outsiders" article this morning in the KC Star by Blair Kerkhoff and he still has NU in the B12 championship game and also a BCS game and still has Magic as the offensive player of the year.

We have a good OSU team coming up, one that has a lot of confidence right now, one that has a nice ranking as well. I see this as a HUGE opportunity for our guys and us as fans to get that good feeling back in our system! If we play our game on D and continue to grow on offense, I think we will win this game and all of a sudden we are lurking just outside the top 10 again with A LOT left to play for this year.

Anyway, I'm ready to move on and it sounds like the players are as well, anyone else?!?!

GO BIG RED!!!!

I'd say everyone is ready to move on and get that spoiled Bevo taste out of our mouths.

Methinks the Huskers are gonna have a huge chip on their shoulders vs OSU this Saturday. And not just because of how we played last week nor because of how well OSU is playing right now, I'd also say the OSU homecoming crowd is gonna get us going too. I've heard they'll have something like an additional 50,000+ fans in Stillwater for homecoming, so our boys shouldn't have any trouble feeling like it's them vs the world.

I agree about letting go but I don't think the players should forget. If I was Bo I would make them watch that game before ever game the rest of the year. If that isn't motivation I don't know what is. This upcoming game is huge and I hope we are up for the challenge. :throwdabones1::throwdabones1::throwdabones1:

I can't imagine it would be any more motivation than ":01" and "Finish" and "Are you working hard enough?"

OK. Moving on. I'm heading to Austin this weekend and will get "the business", but at least I can say it will be too bad that we won't be able to play UT in Big 12 championship because UT won't get there. They will lose another game this year. I suppose that I will have to avenge this loss on the links by fattening my wallet at the expense of some of the few great Texas fans.

I will be wearing Husker gear, and have those helmet headcovers, so NU will be represented in the ATX.

I'd say everyone is ready to move on and get that spoiled Bevo taste out of our mouths.

Methinks the Huskers are gonna have a huge chip on their shoulders vs OSU this Saturday. And not just because of how we played last week nor because of how well OSU is playing right now, I'd also say the OSU homecoming crowd is gonna get us going too. I've heard they'll have something like an additional 50,000+ fans in Stillwater for homecoming, so our boys shouldn't have any trouble feeling like it's them vs the world.

That's exactly the scene that our boys play their best in!

This game didn't hurt near as bad as the B12 championship game, but it's sticking with me longer than normal for some reason. I feel better after ripping off a 7 mile run at lunch, but I also feel better reading what the players are saying, I just hope they aren't just "saying" it.

I hated hearing that the focus wasn't there last week and that they felt like they just went through the motions. It's like the coaches and players just wanted Saturday to get here so they could roll their helmets out and roll the 2 loss Whorns. All the while forgetting that UT is a good team and you just can't do that.

Anyway, let's get it together again, focus and roll the T. Boone Pickens puppets.

GO BIG RED!

The Huskers have a huge opportunity over the next two games. If for some reason Missouri beats OU then their ranking will be way up there. We could beat two ranked teams that are quality opponents and get back in the Top 10. Then if we can finish the rest of the season and beat everyone easily we could be back to where we all want to be in the rankings and leave no doubt.

Guys I want to stay here I did like this board. But I thought this would be a good escape from my wifes constant nagging. I find what... could it be.. NAGGING here more than at the house gripe, whine, complain. Its a loss guy's you act like a bunch of old hags when we get a Loss. its like living with "her" even when im here trying to escape. Grow some Balls folks. We will Destroy OkieLite this weekend and then you can put away your tampax.