Rumorville----University of Minn Plane at the Lincoln Airport

i think making BC OC would be the WORST possible thing to do.. the guy has no clue.. atleast watson had 'moments' i would expect BC to be a walking f'ing disaster.... which would set us back as a program.... CP leaves.. you go out and steal some guy... or some one up and coming... progress... move forward... DONT f'ing SETTLE FOR BARNEY COTTON!!!!

Agreed, we have had quite some problems on offense recently (and honestly, few teams don't from time to time), but the OC has also had a tough time of it working with what he's had. It hasn't exactly been a ton of star power, we've been doing more of 'making do'. That really speaks to a problem the OC has little, comparatively to do with (position coaches, luck and such - and it means the next guy at OC would inherit the same deal. And there's really no reason to think he would do better, especially if that person is Barney Cotton.

110% of king airs are owned by doctors.

The number of doctors that fly has really gone down over the years. In these parts it would be far more likely for a successful agribusinessman to have a personal aircraft.

But yeah there are definitely are people who put school badges on their planes, I've seen a Mirage with a big N on the side.

Sad reality is, if Watson leaves, Barney will be one of the top candidates for OC. :hmmph

But I'm thinking Minny was here for Carl, so I doubt it matters.

I was thinking Barney's title of Associate Head Coach was more honorary than anything. No?

I was always hoping it was just a tag to help him sound more important and get him a job somewhere else quicker. :lol:

Everybody's talking about Carl, or Watson, it seems. Any chance Minnesota is talking to Moglia?

Might make sense. He was on CNBC talking on Friday how he still has the dream of being a college football coach. Apparently, Yale offered him the head job 2 years ago and he declined at that time.

If Watson goes someplace else we can bring back Turner Gill since he is going to get fired after his one stellar season at Kansas. <_<

Also for the Tim Beck folks, what proof is there that this guy can be an Offensive Coordinator? Do you have tape of his High School days or his stint at Missouri State? Just wondering. :dunno

FWIW: Watson had no ties to Coz until he came here. He would not keep that guy around if he went to Minnesota :madash

If Watson goes someplace else we can bring back Turner Gill since he is going to get fired after his one stellar season at Kansas. <_<

Kansas would be stupid to let Gill go after this season. He's a good coach. If you can win at Buffalo, you're a good coach. He inherited a sh*# storm there in Kansas. Nobody could have turned it around in one season. This isn't fanboyism, I wasn't a Husker (football) fan until the Tommie Frazier era. It would only make the Kansas job even less appealing to fire him after 1 year.

If Kansas is dumb enough to let him go though, it would be a DREAM to have him as our OC. I remember dreaming about it last year and knowing it just wasn't possible. Now it doesn't seem so impossible.