How far do you think we can move up

JOEY

I don't have any problem with talking about ratings. I just think our loss Saturday likely made them moot as far as we're concerned. Barring a rash of upsets I'd say we're out of the MNC-hunt and we likely have to take the con to make a BCS game with Boise and TCU taking two of the at-large spots and there likely being a couple one-loss BCS-teams to take the other two spots.

Yeah those Non AQ schools are a pain,I think that Tcu might lose to Utah later in the season and drop from the T-10.

I should've put TCU/Utah. Yup the Utes can take TCU down but then the Utes likely run the board and take the BCS-slot. We have to hope both MWC-teams take a loss.

polls and rankings no longer matter. it is about getting through the big 12 and to a BCS bowl game.

I don't get why every time someone brings up a topic about polls, something along these lines is said. Everyone know we need to win games and focus on the job at hand, yadda yadda yadda. Just answer the freakin' question in the original post.

I think we can move up 3 spots give or take, depending on what happens in front of us.

well excuse me. :moreinteresting

oh, and your analysis, "3 spots give or take, depending on what happens in front of us", real insightful...

polls and rankings no longer matter. it is about getting through the big 12 and to a BCS bowl game.

I don't get why every time someone brings up a topic about polls, something along these lines is said. Everyone know we need to win games and focus on the job at hand, yadda yadda yadda. Just answer the freakin' question in the original post.

I think we can move up 3 spots give or take, depending on what happens in front of us.

oh, and your analysis, "3 spots give or take, depending on what happens in front of us", real insightful...

Just answering the question. It's just predictable that every time a thread about polls comes up, there will be 2 or 3 comments about "don't pay attention to polls" blah, blah.

Heh. Disagreement aside, I think you're both right. Polls are a gauge of how good we might be (not an exact science), but right now they're irrelevant; we just have to take care of our business and we're in a BCS game, and if the chips magically fall just right, the BCS Championship. But that's a pipe dream at this point, while winning the remainder of our games is attainable.

Myth - The Polls don't matter anymore.

Fact - The Polls do matter but they are down the ladder of importance a few rungs at the moment.

Myth - Nebraska is out of the National Championship Race.

Fact - Nebraska is most certainly still mathematically in the National Championship race with odds that are realistically attainable.

Myth - We shouldn't worry about the polls or the games of the teams ahead of us every week because it doesn't really matter, we should just cash in and take our lumps.

Fact - We shouldn't worry because there is nothing "We" can do about it. We should pay attention because we will need some help in some pivotal games.

Prognostication 1. Nebraska is a top 5 Calibur team and will prove themselves as much by the end of the season.

Prognostication 2. If Nebraska wins out they will have enough help and enough painfully earned good karma and come uppance due to play for the National Championship.

Prognostication 3. If Nebraska beats Mizzou next week they win out.

Prognostication 4. The Two Sudo top 5 teams that play in Nobody land against the sisters of the poor (Boise and TCU) each lose at least 1.

Prognostication 5. Lou Holtz says something stupid before the end of the day... wait..too late.. Every day...

• Fire 2

NU moved up 8 spots from 14 to 6 in the BCS in one week. Anything is possible. We need a lot of help but who knows.

Winning the North, winning the Big 12 Championship and let the cards fall where they fall. We made our bed by laying an egg and beating ourselves against the Whorns, so we really can't complain at all.

Just answering the question. It's just predictable that every time a thread about polls comes up, there will be 2 or 3 comments about "don't pay attention to polls" blah, blah.

fair enough, and usually i agree with your stance. however, i did not care of the polls for a couple of reasons.

1. i thought our mnc chances were completely out the window.

2. polls do not matter when you are outside the top ten and you thought your team could make it to the mnc.

so for me, polls matter when you are an underdog over performing and trying to gain national respect or your are in the thick of a title hunt.

however, i did not expect to jump 7 spots in the bcs and now be at 7. so i think now is a good time to talk about the polls.

this was my initial reaction to this thread:

you talking about polls? polls? i am supposed to be the franchise poster and you want to be talking about polls?

this is my reaction of the mizzou win:

we should be talking about polls.