Do the Cowboys have more talent than the Huskers?

The Huskers have a good tailback in Roy Helu, a fast quarterback

who can’t throw much in Taylor Martinez

He threw the ball well enough to win that Texas game so eat it.

:blink:

Watch the tape. He threw the ball well enough to win that game.

Ah, I see what you meant now...I read it as in the Texas game was won. Oops. :hmmph

The Huskers have a good tailback in Roy Helu, a fast quarterback

who can’t throw much in Taylor Martinez

He threw the ball well enough to win that Texas game so eat it.

:blink:

Watch the tape. He threw the ball well enough to win that game.

Ah, I see what you meant now...I read it as in the Texas game was won. Oops. :hmmph

:lol: No. I think that if Burkhead catches that ball and goes into the endzone that that game is very different.

t-mart can be an accurate passer on one-on-one routes. but over the middle where there is any congestion, it's a pick waiting to happen. that's why mcneill doesn't get more touches. he runs crossing patterns and t-mart simply can't throw over the middle.

When he sets his feet he can be quite accurate. When he gets in too big of a hurry he gets in trouble.

t-mart can be an accurate passer on one-on-one routes. but over the middle where there is any congestion, it's a pick waiting to happen. that's why mcneill doesn't get more touches. he runs crossing patterns and t-mart simply can't throw over the middle.

I don't buy that argument. Sure he has thrown some bad balls here and there but like EZ said it's more about footwork than a lack of ability. Besides if Watts would open up the playbook more on game day then maybe TMart would gain some confidence and settle down a bit in the pocket. It's unfair to characterize Martinez as being incapable when he is given 10 chances a game to get his feet wet. Let's not forget TMart only has three seasons of playing QB under his belt, so expecting him to have Manning like accuracy at this point in his career is a little presumptuous IMO.

OSU football: More talent than Nebraska?

Posted by berrytramel on October 21, 2010M at 11:23 pm

In the Thursday Oklahoman, our man Brandon Chatmon compared the talent levels of

Oklahoma State and Nebraska football. His basic conclusion: OSU has the superior

offensive talent, Nebraska the better defensive talent. Which seems pretty obvious.

Some have wondered how OSU could be on equal footing with Nebraska in talent,

but I have a question. What has happened in the last five years to make anyone think

Nebraska should have more talent than OSU?

Record the last five years: Nebraska 38-21, OSU 38-20.

Record the last four years: Nebraska 29-16, OSU 31-14.

Record the last three years: Nebraska 24-9, OSU 24-8.

Record the last two years: Nebraska 15-5, OSU 15-4.

Record this season: Nebraska 5-1, OSU 6-0.

And while you might be able to argue the Huskers have played slightly tougher non-conference opponents

— I don’t buy it, but you could argue it — that doesn’t make up for OSU playing in the Big 12 South and

Nebraska in the weaker North.

So why the belief that Nebraska automatically has to have better talent?

I don’t claim to know who has better linemen. Or heck, better DBs and linebackers. But ballhandlers,

I can distinguish. And OSU clearly has the talent edge in ballhandlers. Brandon Weeden,

Justin Blackmon, Kendall Hunter. The Huskers have a good tailback in Roy Helu, a fast quarterback

who can’t throw much in Taylor Martinez and receivers who have angered their own fans for a dismal

performance against Texas.

The Huskers got everyone excited with their performance down the stretch last season — a disputed loss

to Texas in the Big 12 title game and a 33-0 rout of Arizona in the Holiday Bowl — and jumping to a

5-0 start in 2010. But there’s no evidence that Nebraska out-talents OSU.

guess not

RUSHING

NEB: Taylor Martinez 19-112; Roy Helu Jr. 12-42;

Rex Burkhead 10-41; Alex Henery 1-27; TEAM 2-minus 5.

OSU: Kendall Hunter 26-201; Joseph Randle 5-22; Advantage Hunter

Jeremy Smith 3-4; TEAM 1-minus 5; Brandon Weeden 1-minus 10.

PASSING

NEB: Taylor Martinez 23-35-0-323. Advantage Martinez

OSU: Brandon Weeden 18-35-1-283.

RECEIVING

NEB: Niles Paul 9-131; Mike McNeill 5-61; Brandon Kinnie 3-62;

Kyler Reed 2-58; Roy Helu Jr. 2-10; Tyler Legate 1-1;

Rex Burkhead 1-0.

OSU: Josh Cooper 9-103; Justin Blackmon 5-157; Bo Bowling 2-12; Advantage Blackmon (due to one play)

Wilson Youman 1-10; Joseph Randle 1-1.

Nebraska 51, OSU 41 Advantage Nebraska

HUSKERS beat OSU

with talent or no talent. The debate is over and so is the game Orangeokie. Good luck for the rest of the season. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

:bonesflag: :bonesflag: :bonesflag: :bonesflag:

:corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance :corndance