Eric Martin

WCHusker

And yet this is the kind of hit they flag all the time. Obviously it's something they're calling. So while you may not be able to find something that word for word fits this situation, this is something you'll see flagged in college games. I know it's fun to use the rulebook to prop up your position, but it's just a joke in this case. Pathetic.

And yet this is the kind of hit they flag all the time. Obviously it's something they're calling. So while you may not be able to find something that word for word fits this situation, this is something you'll see flagged in college games. I know it's fun to use the rulebook to prop up your position, but it's just a joke in this case. Pathetic.

I literally LOLed at this. Your position would be like griping that a player was flagged for throwing a forward pass when he was beyond the line of scrimmage, and when someone points out to you that this is the rule, you say, "Yeah, but people throw forward passes all the time, and they aren't flagged."

You cannot make up rules for the game to suit your argument. The rules are the rules, and they are being applied properly in this situation. The fact that Martin not only was not thrown out of the game for a flagrant foul, but WAS NOT EVEN FLAGGED, should speak volumes in this instance.

I literally LOLed at this. Your position would be like griping that a player was flagged for throwing a forward pass when he was beyond the line of scrimmage, and when someone points out to you that this is the rule, you say, "Yeah, but people throw forward passes all the time, and they aren't flagged."

You cannot make up rules for the game to suit your argument. The rules are the rules, and they are being applied properly in this situation. The fact that Martin not only was not thrown out of the game for a flagrant foul, but WAS NOT EVEN FLAGGED, should speak volumes in this instance.

You don't appear to watch college football much, as this type of hit is indeed flagged all the time. There is obviously something they're calling. I don't have time to scour the rulebook to find what they're calling - feel free to do it. They're calling something out there. That you're willing to ignore that is ridiculous.

And yeah, the flag wasn't thrown. Does that mean the refs catch all flaggable plays? Oh wait...no, probably not, with all the whining I see on this forum about missed flags...gg...

You don't appear to watch college football much, as this type of hit is indeed flagged all the time. There is obviously something they're calling. I don't have time to scour the rulebook to find what they're calling - feel free to do it. They're calling something out there. That you're willing to ignore that is ridiculous.

And yeah, the flag wasn't thrown. Does that mean the refs catch all flaggable plays? Oh wait...no, probably not, with all the whining I see on this forum about missed flags...gg...

I'm sorry you don't want to read the rules. If you choose to argue from a position of ignorance, that's your choice. I'm going to read the rules, know the rules, understand the rules, and apply them accordingly.

Whether I've watched college football since the days of Red Grange or yesterday was my first game ever is irrelevant. What is relevant is that I'm explaining the proper application of the rule, I've cited the rule, I've shown how this play doesn't apply under that rule, and I've given examples of other, similar plays where the rule would/would not apply.

None of this changes the fact that it was a hard, clean hit.

Btw, it's not just defenseless players, it's all players. You can't target any player above the shoulders. This is again something they call ALL THE TIME in college football.

I'm not arguing the defenseless part, he wasn't defenseless. Just to be clear.

OK, so we'll drop the "defenseless" part of the question, since we all agree that the player wasn't - or shouldn't have been - defenseless.

But Martin hit the kid shoulder-to-shoulder. Martin's pad level is actually lower than the OK State guy's pads. Legit hit.