Nebraska-Missouri by the numbers

*I don't think Mizzou's defense, regardless of ranking, is going to be able to bottle up our offense... a REAL offense... IF AND ONLY IF we come out for blood right away. A sloppy start would be terrible.

I'm guessing Oklahoma was thinking the same thing.

I'm not terribly impressed with OU's offense... sue me. Landry Jones doesn't strike me as a winner under center... to me, he just doesn't have that "it" factor of a guy like Eric Crouch or, and I can't believe I'm saying this, Colt McCoy. Guys who just won games. I'm not saying he doesn't win games, just that he doesn't impress me like those guys did.

And I understand that have Murray and frosh phenom Kenny Stills, but outside those guys, their offense just doesn't leap off the page at me. Marginal O line.

Don't forget about Ryan Broyles.

I get what you're saying about Landry Jones. But even so, if Oklahoma didn't have those costly turnovers in the redzone, they would've put up at another 10 pts on Mizzou. You might not be impressed, but putting up 35+ pts (the amount they could've had) against anyone is usually good enough to win.

*I don't think Mizzou's defense, regardless of ranking, is going to be able to bottle up our offense... a REAL offense... IF AND ONLY IF we come out for blood right away. A sloppy start would be terrible.

I'm guessing Oklahoma was thinking the same thing.

I'm not terribly impressed with OU's offense... sue me. Landry Jones doesn't strike me as a winner under center... to me, he just doesn't have that "it" factor of a guy like Eric Crouch or, and I can't believe I'm saying this, Colt McCoy. Guys who just won games. I'm not saying he doesn't win games, just that he doesn't impress me like those guys did.

And I understand that have Murray and frosh phenom Kenny Stills, but outside those guys, their offense just doesn't leap off the page at me. Marginal O line.

Don't forget about Ryan Broyles.

I get what you're saying about Landry Jones. But even so, if Oklahoma didn't have those costly turnovers in the redzone, they would've put up at another 10 pts on Mizzou. You might not be impressed, but putting up 35+ pts (the amount they could've had) against anyone is usually good enough to win.

Kudos to you, sir. I did forget Broyles... He's a quality receiver.

Still, I will tip my hat to OU when they show they can truly be the type of offense OU needs... one that keeps their defense off the field. It's almost liability at this point. It gave up 24 points to both Utah State and Air Force, and I don't care how good AF is this year. Really, OU's only two games this year that weren't close were both home games, vs. Flordia state before they found their groove, and ISU. Other than that, the offense stalled and the defense allowed a bad Texas offense to get back into that game. And they got into a shootout with Cincy. They're playing close games every week, and OU's offense hasn't dominated to the level that I'd feel comfortable as a Boomer fan, which is enough to make up for their D.

I thought of a new word today----- Pinkl'D- when your a head coach of a team that accomplishes less with the more talent one has on a team, see 2008 season. Blows a 2 score 4th quarter lead, then proceeds to let it run down their leg the rest the of the season, see NU game 2009.

2008 was a step-back year after losing a TON of talent, starting a new QB and having one of the youngest teams in the country. Programs go through roster turnover, it is a fact of life in college football. If you're basing your opinion of a coach or program on one season, you're a moron.

I could just as easily invent a new saying called getting Pelini'D. When you lose 52-17 on your home field after claiming you have a special plan for the other team.

You opened this can of worms, not me.

I thought of a new word today----- Pinkl'D- when your a head coach of a team that accomplishes less with the more talent one has on a team, see 2008 season. Blows a 2 score 4th quarter lead, then proceeds to let it run down their leg the rest the of the season, see NU game 2009.

2008 was a step-back year after losing a TON of talent, starting a new QB and having one of the youngest teams in the country. Programs go through roster turnover, it is a fact of life in college football. If you're basing your opinion of a coach or program on one season, you're a moron.

I could just as easily invent a new saying called getting Pelini'D. When you lose 52-17 on your home field after claiming you have a special plan for the other team.

2008 was step back year????? You guys had Daniels,Coffman,Maclin,Rucker, Washington on offense and that was step back.???? Well you guys were ranked #4 when you throttled a Nebraska in Lincoln for the first time in 30 years. I'll give you that. You guys all these hopes of NC and everything. Then you got full of yourselves and blew it against Okie Lite the next week. Then got crushed by Texas, then by Oklahoma, then barely beat undermanned Northwestern team in the Alamo Bowl.

I was trying to have some fun with it. You opened up a can of worms, not me.

obviously you're just another troll, that writes down his user name and password so every year you can invade huskerboard and talk trash during game week.

Good Luck on Saturday.

2008 was step back year????? You guys had Daniels,Coffman,Maclin,Rucker, Washington on offense and that was step back.???? Well you guys were ranked #4 when you throttled a Nebraska in Lincoln for the first time in 30 years. I'll give you that. You guys all these hopes of NC and everything. Then you got full of yourselves and blew it against Okie Lite the next week. Then got crushed by Texas, then by Oklahoma, then barely beat undermanned Northwestern team in the Alamo Bowl.

obviously you're just another troll, that writes down his user name and password so every year you can invade huskerboard and talk trash during game week.

Good Luck on Saturday.

2009...typo

So, when you talk shyt it's just having fun, when we do it, it's trolling. Got it.

sorry huskerscott i think i coined that term in a recruiting thread refering to a certain qb prospect... chuckleshuffle

sorry huskerscott i think i coined that term in a recruiting thread refering to a certain qb prospect... chuckleshuffle

I dont visit the recuriting board very often if at all. So Kudos to you sdhusker.

Good Luck on Saturday.

2009...typo

So, when you talk shyt it's just having fun, when we do it, it's trolling. Got it.

You have 11 posts in 2 years and just happened to register about the time game was in '08. You are a TROLL!!!! deal with it and move on.