Why I like our chances this week

Even though we beat Okie St this weekend, I get this feeling that the loss to UT, that vengenance still hasn't been exacted. We beat Okie St, but there wasn't a sense of closure, the "ok, we're getting some payback". I didn't notice it, until later, when the wife came home asked me if we'd won the game, and I said "yea". She looked at me and said, "you sure don't look like it".

It almost had the feeling of we were in a bit of a trap game, even though we'd lost the week before.

I may be in the minority in this, but I like where we're catching Mizzou. They'll be coming down after their big win, so we may be able to catch them.

That being said though, I am weary of their defense, which may be better than their offense. I think if we pound the rock, relentlessly, and I mean even some no huddle zone read stuff, we could wear them down. If their defense can be broken, then it could be a long afternoon for them.

As porous as our D's been past couple weeks, I think it's going to be time for them to step up. We also can't be only sending the front four. Thats what bothered me last week. We need to bring more guys, try to knock him on his ass on a consistant basis, and not give Gabbert the time he needs.

I like our chances because of what we saw offensively. Seriously, Taylor throws nice ball, and the receivers catching them finally, Wats FINALLY opening up the book, combine that with Taylor's legs, this is going to be a very tough off to stop down the stretch. Pair that with our defense that will be fine and uh oh. By the way that was a pretty good offensive unit we saw yesterday that also did a lot of out of ordinary things.

I completely disagree with the no huddle hurry up stuff. How do you beat a great offense? Keep them off the field. Did our defense really play THAT much better in the second half against Okie State? Not really. Our offense ate clock up. We need to eat clock this weekend too. Mizzou has a great defensive line. Hopefully T-Magic can put up 200-250 through the air to open up the ground attack.

Did our defense really play THAT much better in the second half against Okie State? Not really. Our offense ate clock up.

Both of these things happened. The defense played much better and the offense ate clock.

In the first half we held them to three-and-out in their first possession. OK State then had six straight possessions where they either scored immediately or sustained drives.

In the second half, the Pokes went three-and-out on three of their five possessions. That's a heck of a lot better percentage.

Did our defense really play THAT much better in the second half against Okie State? Not really. Our offense ate clock up.

Both of these things happened. The defense played much better and the offense ate clock.

In the first half we held them to three-and-out in their first possession. OK State then had six straight possessions where they either scored immediately or sustained drives.

In the second half, the Pokes went three-and-out on three of their five possessions. That's a heck of a lot better percentage.

we didnt exactly eat the clock 2nd half. we had one drive that was 6:23 and the rest were 4,3,2.5,3.5,1.5. and after the long pass on the trick play late in the 2nd the only had 153 yards. not great.... but better. we adjusted

I completely disagree with the no huddle hurry up stuff. How do you beat a great offense? Keep them off the field. Did our defense really play THAT much better in the second half against Okie State? Not really. Our offense ate clock up. We need to eat clock this weekend too. Mizzou has a great defensive line. Hopefully T-Magic can put up 200-250 through the air to open up the ground attack.

I just read on insider that MU DT Hamilton broke his ankle in the last few mintues of the game against OU. Not sure how good he is but some are saying that is going to hurt them.

I'm not saying run it the entire game, just as a change of pace here and there. Make them react to what we're doing.

Why I like our chances this week....

I think Compton comes back, giving us David, Compton and Hagg in the Peso (this combined with Gomes playing safety again over some guy who can't seem to figure out how to tackle -- ie WTFU Wrap The F... Up).

Wats keeps the play book open (God I hope he doesn't piss this one down his leg). We try the run, they stuff it at first, then he opens up the pass plays, they have to play honest, we rack up about 175 rushing in the 2nd half.

And, it still is freaking close.....

35-27

In the first half OK State held the ball 16 minutes and scored 1.69 points per minute.

In the second half OK State held the ball for 8:52 and scored 1.52 points per minute.

jesus, did you break out the abbacus for that?

Nope. Just looked HERE, and did some simple math on Excel.

only being facetious.... I don't even know how to use Excel