Blaine Gabbert gives props to NU fans

Nexus

Fair enough statement. Always liked Gabbert more than Daniel.

Agree, I cant stand Chase Daniels. The reason being he called out NU in 08 for taking cheap shots during game, calling us bush league. I still remember Witherspoon jumping on top of Lucky(I think) like 3 seconds after the whistle blew.

That team in '07 and '08 seemed so cocky and arrogant. Like they wanted to be treated like a big dog after they beat Nebraska.

Riding the pine? Nah. He'd have started last year, and maybe the year before that, depending on how Ganzy competed for the job.

The reason he made a smart move was that we simply did not know who our coach would be or what kind of offense we'd run. He's doing fine where he's at; I just wish he had gone somewhere else.

I'm not sure he would have started over Ganz just because Ganz had such strong backing of the team. But he would likely have been the most talented QB on the roster the day he set foot on campus, and continue to be so. Don't kid yourselves - if we had Blaine Gabbert right now, Taylor Martinez wouldn't even be in the discussion, unless Bo and TO are mentally ill. I like Blaine alright and can't hold it against him for what he chose, in 2007, with our entire program going down. Tyler, less respect for.

• Fire 1

Riding the pine? Nah. He'd have started last year, and maybe the year before that, depending on how Ganzy competed for the job.

The reason he made a smart move was that we simply did not know who our coach would be or what kind of offense we'd run. He's doing fine where he's at; I just wish he had gone somewhere else.

I'm not sure he would have started over Ganz just because Ganz had such strong backing of the team. But he would likely have been the most talented QB on the roster the day he set foot on campus, and continue to be so. Don't kid yourselves - if we had Blaine Gabbert right now, Taylor Martinez wouldn't even be in the discussion, unless Bo and TO are mentally ill. I like Blaine alright and can't hold it against him for what he chose, in 2007, with our entire program going down. Tyler, less respect for.

This.

Seriously - who names their kid Blaine anyway?

**no offense to any Husker fans with kids named Blaine. chuckleshuffle

Yeah I know.. That's such a crap name,I'm happy that we don't have this D bag on our team. Good for him for being a loser at a loser football school who has never one anything.

Or two anything

I wasn't paying attention when I typed that. :facepalm:

Just baggin on ya dude! :thumbs

I don't think he would have started as a freshman over Ganz, but yeah he would have definitely been a better option than Lee and Green last year. As for the decommitting, whatever. We beat Freeman every time and we'll beat him every time.

NU would've been 13-1 and possible better than that with Blaine here. He choose to leave, no big deal, hopefully he remains winless against

NU. So far he is 0-1 as a starting QB.

Of course he is going to talk highly of us.

I'm sure Bendict Arnold had good things to say about the U.S. Im sure Johnny Damon had good things to say about Red Sox fans and Im sure LeBron James has nice things to say about Clevland fans. It still doesn't change the fact about how ppl feel about them...

since both he and his brother pulled the "$hitty" on us, yeah Blaine, we really don't have much good to day about you or your entire family.

NU is over it, but your families reputation lives on.........

In defense of both of them Blaine decommited based on a coaching change, and from what I remember Watson called Tyler and told him we would be going a differant direction with out offense. Can't blame either one they didn't really pull the "$hitty" on us. Although to be hones I do have a tough time cheering for either one of them.

since both he and his brother pulled the "$hitty" on us, yeah Blaine, we really don't have much good to day about you or your entire family.

NU is over it, but your families reputation lives on.........

In defense of both of them Blaine decommited based on a coaching change, and from what I remember Watson called Tyler and told him we would be going a differant direction with out offense. Can't blame either one they didn't really pull the "$hitty" on us. Although to be hones I do have a tough time cheering for either one of them.

i do not think we have to cheer for them, but i agree that you cannot blame them for going where they think is best for them. and so far, it has been the better choice. mizzou has a better offense for them, more stability, and (i hate to say) mizzou has become a decent program.