We're the favorite

personally i dont see a let down or how it would happen. Needless to say I would be Pi**ed if there was one:

#1-top #15 team on the road

#2-this is the 5th in a row this game decides the north winner

#3-two teams dont really like eachother

#4-last year of the game for forseable future

#5-lost to Ne last year

#6-watched NE dance around on your field last year

#7-recieving little to no respect nationally

#8-every one is picking you to lose.

Thats about 8 seconds for me to think of 8 quick reasons why three will be no let down.

How did Missouri do the last time they received respect nationally and were ranked #1? Did they have a let down at all while they were #1? I'm just wondering. I am completely undecided on this game...

personally i dont see a let down or how it would happen. Needless to say I would be Pi**ed if there was one:

#5-lost to Ne last year

Thats about 8 seconds for me to think of 8 quick reasons why three will be no let down.

How did Missouri do the last time they received respect nationally and were ranked #1? Did they have a let down at all while they were #1? I'm just wondering. I am completely undecided on this game...

I'm guessing you know the answer to this, but MU beat #2 KU in Arrowhead in a highly emotional win, similar to last Saturday, then went on to get beat pretty soundly by OU in the championship game, 38-17. In a classic letdown game, MU got down a bit early, then ran dry and OU pounded them in the second half.

Letdowns aren't just something the media talks about, they are 100% for real. That, combined with what I think is a better overall team, in Nebraska, equals a solid home win this weekend.

#5-lost to Ne last year

I'm guessing you know the answer to this, but MU beat #2 KU in Arrowhead in a highly emotional win, similar to last Saturday, then went on to get beat pretty soundly by OU in the championship game, 38-17. In a classic letdown game, MU got down a bit early, then ran dry and OU pounded them in the second half.

Letdowns aren't just something the media talks about, they are 100% for real. That, combined with what I think is a better overall team, in Nebraska, equals a solid home win this weekend.

it was 17-17 to start the 3rd and if i remember right mu turned it over twice right away. one for a pick 6. however these teams are night and day on defense

This will bore people to death but I have coached football for 10 years and I think some of you might not be thinking about what the real "let down" factor is. Its usually being TO up for a game and thinking you will win with ease. When you go into a game like that and things dont go your way in the first 10 minutes or so, you tend to see a snowball effect. Its weird, easy plays dont get made, you miss a block, a punt bounced back instead of forward.

I have seen it happend up close many times. That team starts thinking that only good things will happen or that they can "turn it on" at any point but usually its just not the case.

This will bore people to death but I have coached football for 10 years and I think some of you might not be thinking about what the real "let down" factor is. Its usually being TO up for a game and thinking you will win with ease. When you go into a game like that and things dont go your way in the first 10 minutes or so, you tend to see a snowball effect. Its weird, easy plays dont get made, you miss a block, a punt bounced back instead of forward.

I have seen it happend up close many times. That team starts thinking that only good things will happen or that they can "turn it on" at any point but usually its just not the case.

I would say that would be more of an "overlooked" team.

:throwdabones1: :throwdabones1: :throwdabones1::throwdabones1: :throwdabones1:

I never said we will win with ease, we will win the game!

:throwdabones1: :throwdabones1: :throwdabones1: :throwdabones1: :throwdabones1:

:corndance :corndance Bring on the little tigers :corndance:corndance

I do not care about the stats, polls position, national championship, or who is sucking their thumb because a play did not go well for them. Let's play some football against the little tigers, here and now, coming into town.

:steam

List of why Huskers win over MU:

1. Because we can :power

I wouldn't call that a letdown. We got beat by the better team. A team that beat us twice that year by double digits.

A better example would be the OSU game in 2008.

#5-lost to Ne last year

Those are all really solid reasons. I could have made a list like that before the Texas game though, and yet...

thats true also. couple of differences though, NE had a major issue before that game with putting the ball on the ground and the continued to do so against TX. And hands have been a question for your WR (given, mostly for Paul) but those things came to the front to cost you in that game. MU doesnt have faults like that.

With that said though, as a Tiger fan I can tell you it would not be the first time they pee'd down their leg if it happens. :(

I think the biggest reason if a loss comes your way this Saturday isn't because of your players, but because of Pinkel. You guys always have good ball players at the skill positions, but over the past 9 years Pinkel has gone 67-46 (.593) overall and 36-36 (.500) in Big 12 play.

I think we come out on top, but only because of the coaching staffs. I think ours will make the needed adjustments, just like we did against Oklahoma State last week, and will (hopefully) slow down the Tigers.

Missouri is a team I love to hate, but here's to hoping for a great game this Saturday! :cheers

I think the biggest reason if a loss comes your way this Saturday isn't because of your players, but because of Pinkel. You guys always have good ball players at the skill positions, but over the past 9 years Pinkel has gone 67-46 (.593) overall and 36-36 (.500) in Big 12 play.

I think we come out on top, but only because of the coaching staffs. I think ours will make the needed adjustments, just like we did against Oklahoma State last week, and will (hopefully) slow down the Tigers.

Missouri is a team I love to hate, but here's to hoping for a great game this Saturday! :cheers

I would've agreed with that in the past, but the performance of this year's coaching staff is drastically different (and better) than in the past. They have repeatedly made 2nd half adjustments (Illinois, A&M, OU) and just shut down the opposition. Our OC, who we all loved to hate until about 3 weeks ago, has finally seemed to figure out how to call a game. And I can think of zero bone-headed game decisions (4th downs, FG's, clock management, etc.) from Pinkel this year.

Not saying we're going to win, but I doubt we lose due to coaching. If we lose, it will be b/c NU has better players at the right spots.

#5-lost to Ne last year

Those are all really solid reasons. I could have made a list like that before the Texas game though, and yet...

thats true also. couple of differences though, NE had a major issue before that game with putting the ball on the ground and the continued to do so against TX. And hands have been a question for your WR (given, mostly for Paul) but those things came to the front to cost you in that game. MU doesnt have faults like that.

With that said though, as a Tiger fan I can tell you it would not be the first time they pee'd down their leg if it happens. :(

That record has to be taken into context. If you just lay it out there your think Pinkel sucks. However, when you compare it to the previous 9 seasons for MU you see its not bad at all. 40-61-1 (.392) and 23-44 (.343) in big 12/8 play.

Then when you look at what he has done since able to lay the ground work and started to really build it gets even better. Just looking over the last 5 1/2 seasons since he started to really turn it around, 05-present, he is 52-21 (.722) and 27-16 (.627) in conference. Over that last 3 1/2 he is 37-11 (.771) and 19-8 (.703) in conference.

#5-lost to Ne last year

That record has to be taken into context. If you just lay it out there your think Pinkel sucks. However, when you compare it to the previous 9 seasons for MU you see its not bad at all. 40-61-1 (.392) and 23-44 (.343) in big 12/8 play.

Then when you look at what he has done since able to lay the ground work and started to really build it gets even better. Just looking over the last 5 1/2 seasons since he started to really turn it around, 05-present, he is 52-21 (.722) and 27-16 (.627) in conference. Over that last 3 1/2 he is 37-11 (.771) and 19-8 (.703) in conference.

Eh, since 2005 Missouri's Big 12 record has been:

2005: 4-4 (2nd)

2006:4-4 (2nd)

2007:7-1 (1st)

2008:5-3 (1st)

2009:4-4 (2nd)

With the exception of one year (a heck of a year at that), Pinkel only has an average record, at best, in conference play. If you go back further, it gets much worse than that.

That being said, I still think that Missouri is going to give us fits. SDSU put up 250 rushing yards on the ground against them, but almost 160 of those came off of two runs. If you take away those two long runs, the 90 yards on the ground is right around their average rushing yards/game they give up. They shut down the Illinois QB by putting a spy on him, which is most likely what we're gonna be seeing from them on Saturday to take away the zone read option.

I'm curious as to what Tigers fans think. If Bo and our coaching staff start making adjustments, do you have faith in Pinkel to make adjustments to our adjustments?

I'm curious as to what Tigers fans think. If Bo and our coaching staff start making adjustments, do you have faith in Pinkel to make adjustments to our adjustments?

yes. they have done a very good job of doing so this year and it made all the difference in the Ill. and OU games