Do you hate Blaine Gabbert?

NUance

never torn you down, just said that i laughed when he said ne fans dont tell you how great they are....kinda like you just did. :lol:

Why would you laugh at that? It's like laughing at Missouri saying they're better than Nebraska in basketball. You are, and it's demonstrable.

By what measure of "best" would you describe a fan base? Best manners? Best treatment of opponents? Best tailgate? Best rack? Best travel? Best...what? Whatever measure you want to use, Nebraska's fan base has to be among the top in the nation. It's not a boastful thing, it's part of the culture of the state.

99.337% of all Husker fans take that "best fans" thing with a huge grain of salt. It doesn't win games, so who cares? And the kicker is, if we forbade the use of that term forevermore, Nebraska fans would still travel well, still applaud the opponent on the way out of the stadium, still be friendly and welcoming. The label followed the behavior, not vise versa.

I never liked my rack after I started wearing that strapless manzier/bro combo.

But how can you hate a cute fella like Blaine who looks like Jamie Lynn Spears?

Blaine Gabbert

511272.jpg

Jamie Lynn Spears

jamie_lynn_spears_photo.jpg

BLASPHEMER!!!

My namesake has much bigger earrings!

I don't hate Blaine Gabbert, but honestly, I'm disappointed that he didn't stick to his pledge and become a Husker. I think with him at the helm last season, we have maybe 1 loss and we were right there in the fight to play for the national title. I think he would have made that much of a difference last year. However, now that he's not here, we got Taylor Martinez at QB and the future looks really bright at QB for the next few years.

As for his little brother Tyler, I don't hate that kid at all. I honestly think he was over-hyped and would be a wasted scholarship had he stayed with his commitment to UNL. I also side with other posters in saying that Tyler Gabbert will be a clipboard holding waste of a scholly on the Mizzou side also.

On the flip side, I do have some discontent for these kids upbringing. As a father of 3 boys myself, I seriously doubt any of my kids would go back on a commitment, much less 2 of them. Blame the parents, not the kids.