It even makes me ryhme

I hate the way you're always right

I hate it when you lie

I hate it when you make me laugh

Even worse when you make me cry

I hate the way you're not around

And the fact that you didn't call

But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you

Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.

Not only did you not cite the source for that poem, you stole it from a chick movie. Bad, bad, bad. :facepalm:

first, how would you know?

second, i saw it in junior high, so it is legit. you have limited options in junior high, you see what your friends say you will see.

third, i guess that was the point of the joke, it is a ridiculous movie capped off with a ridiculous poem.

Thanks to the posters thaat ID'd the movie (I usually like chick flicks but I missed this one).

Saved me from searching through my old Dr. Seuse books and/or coloring in them.

I liked Blainey when we were recruiting him and he was also recruiting other blue chippers durring the process..

But I'm also very thankful we never got any QB near that good durring the unspeakable dark period of Husker Football..Or We might still be in the BC era.

Now here's something really interesting, that should redeem Blaine in many's eyes. Reportedly: right after he found out Shawn Watson was retained, he renewed discussions with Nebraska, and ultimately, Bo felt we needed to move on.

Now I'm not going to lie. What's done is done. But I wonder if we shouldn't have made a bigger push for Blaine back then. I get the 'we gotta get to this kind of offense' and all, but an elite talent like Blaine?...well, there's always differing opinions here.

We don't go around calling our fanbase the best fans in college football. Not once have I seen any real Nebraska fans claim that. Most don't think we are any better fans then anyone else. So really you can just stick that up your you know what.

you may not, but i have to call it :bs:

I cant tell you the exact number of times I have had a NE fan tell me about how classy Nebraska fans are and how you are the best fans in college football. I can however tell you its in the HUNDREDS. I seriously nearly feel over laughing when i read your post.

Lets just put it this way...If i posted what you just wrote on a big 12 board where fans from the other teams could see this it would be the highest rated joke thread in the history of that board. :LOLtartar

These were REAL Nebraska fans? Like they knew our history and they could name players that weren't starters?

And I couldn't care any less what other people on big 12 boards would have to say about our fans, but I bet if they have ever been to a game in Nebraska...they would have good things to say about the majority of our fans.

yeah, i got to agree with gbr. it seems that the 'greatest fans in the nation' moniker is perpetrated by other teams so they can through it in our faces whenever we do anything less than 'classy'. there is no reason to place yourself on a pedestal. it is like drivers with a cross dangling from their rear view mirror. you get to feign even greater indignation when they cut you off because they are 'some christian'.

like i said to him, it may not be you, but on my grandparents grave i have had these talks with REAL husker fans, at games, on boards, at work, at bars...ect. And not just a few times.

No offense Fro..You're one of my fav. Missery Fans that I'm not related to, but I find it more than a little strange that you're talking to Husker Fans on your Grandparents grave.

I don't hate him at all. You can't hate an 18 year old for changing his mind on the biggest decision of his life. He's a great athlete.

Back to topic - this is, of course, the truth. Blaine cannot be faulted for going to Missouri amid the turmoil of our coaching change. Once he went, there was very little chance of us getting Tyler.

Any animosity towards them for this decision is misplaced. We should be honored that they considered us as strongly as they did over a good school in their home state.

Missouri has a DeVry?

I kid..I keeed.

(The "Classy Husker Fan" in me almost prompts me to look for that sarcasm emoticon thingy)...

(ALMOST!)

We don't go around calling our fanbase the best fans in college football. Not once have I seen any real Nebraska fans claim that. Most don't think we are any better fans then anyone else. So really you can just stick that up your you know what.

I cant tell you the exact number of times I have had a NE fan tell me about how classy Nebraska fans are and how you are the best fans in college football. I can however tell you its in the HUNDREDS. I seriously nearly feel over laughing when i read your post.

Lets just put it this way...If i posted what you just wrote on a big 12 board where fans from the other teams could see this it would be the highest rated joke thread in the history of that board. :LOLtartar

These were REAL Nebraska fans? Like they knew our history and they could name players that weren't starters?

And I couldn't care any less what other people on big 12 boards would have to say about our fans, but I bet if they have ever been to a game in Nebraska...they would have good things to say about the majority of our fans.

yeah, i got to agree with gbr. it seems that the 'greatest fans in the nation' moniker is perpetrated by other teams so they can through it in our faces whenever we do anything less than 'classy'. there is no reason to place yourself on a pedestal. it is like drivers with a cross dangling from their rear view mirror. you get to feign even greater indignation when they cut you off because they are 'some christian'.

like i said to him, it may not be you, but on my grandparents grave i have had these talks with REAL husker fans, at games, on boards, at work, at bars...ect. And not just a few times.

No offense Fro..You're one of my fav. Missery Fans that I'm not related to, but I find it more than a little strange that you're talking to Husker Fans on your Grandparents grave.

your on a roll this morning. :clap

Even so, NU fans may well be the *best* fans in college football. We travel better than any other fan base. We have the longest sellout streak. Our football program is among the most profitable. Our fans often give the visiting team a standing ovation at home games——even when we lose. And recently we upgraded to a more esteemed conference. That, Mr. fro, is why you are wrong when you tear down the Husker fanbase.

But this thread isn’t about patting ourselves——the best fans in the nation——on the back. This thread is about why we shouldn’t hate Blaine Gabbert. (But his little brother is a coat-tail riding, smarmy, backstabbing, little bitch.)

never torn you down, just said that i laughed when he said ne fans dont tell you how great they are....kinda like you just did. :lol:

Why would you laugh at that? It's like laughing at Missouri saying they're better than Nebraska in basketball. You are, and it's demonstrable.

By what measure of "best" would you describe a fan base? Best manners? Best treatment of opponents? Best tailgate? Best rack? Best travel? Best...what? Whatever measure you want to use, Nebraska's fan base has to be among the top in the nation. It's not a boastful thing, it's part of the culture of the state.

99.337% of all Husker fans take that "best fans" thing with a huge grain of salt. It doesn't win games, so who cares? And the kicker is, if we forbade the use of that term forevermore, Nebraska fans would still travel well, still applaud the opponent on the way out of the stadium, still be friendly and welcoming. The label followed the behavior, not vise versa.

never torn you down, just said that i laughed when he said ne fans dont tell you how great they are....kinda like you just did. :lol:

Why would you laugh at that? It's like laughing at Missouri saying they're better than Nebraska in basketball. You are, and it's demonstrable.

By what measure of "best" would you describe a fan base? Best manners? Best treatment of opponents? Best tailgate? Best rack? Best travel? Best...what? Whatever measure you want to use, Nebraska's fan base has to be among the top in the nation. It's not a boastful thing, it's part of the culture of the state.

99.337% of all Husker fans take that "best fans" thing with a huge grain of salt. It doesn't win games, so who cares? And the kicker is, if we forbade the use of that term forevermore, Nebraska fans would still travel well, still applaud the opponent on the way out of the stadium, still be friendly and welcoming. The label followed the behavior, not vise versa.

i think you are missing what is funny to me. its funny that someone so adamantly denied that any nebraska fan would ever tell someone else that NE fans are great fans, when in fact nebraska fans often tell others that. thats what i thought was funny.

its not a knock. in a lot of ways i wish other mu fans were like ne fans. maybe its just my humor, i just got a kick out it

i think you are missing what is funny to me. its funny that someone so adamantly denied that any nebraska fan would ever tell someone else that NE fans are great fans, when in fact nebraska fans often tell others that. thats what i thought was funny.

its not a knock. in a lot of ways i wish other mu fans were like ne fans. maybe its just my humor, i just got a kick out it

Okay, enough with the he said/she said——the point of this thread is how NU fans feel about Blaine Gabbert. And whether some of us hate him for bailing out on us during our time of transition.

Me, I think Blaine Gabbert is a GREAT QB. One of the best in the nation. Right up there with Brad Smith. But I’m disappointed that Blaine didn’t follow through with his commitment. What the heck. He’s just a kid. As for his little brother, I think he committed solely to garner attention for himself. I suspect he planned the whole time to bail out and collect accolades from the Mizzou fandom rabble. Even so, I can’t say that I actually *hate* Tyler, the coat-tail riding, underhanded, smarmy, backstabbing, little piss-ant bitch that he is. Too bad Tyler will never face the Blackshirts, as long as Franklin is on campus.

Dude did I say any Nebraska fan...I said REAL fan...in both my posts. I don't listen to what the casual fan says. And for the record I was born and raised in Nebraska...I have talked to more NE fans then you have and I have heard someone say it one time. Then she asked what color was Nebraska. Are you kidding me? I also said greatest fans in college football...we are great fans and that is a fact. We just don't think we are the greatest or above most other fanbases. I don't know if you just saw what you wanted from my posts, but you are wrong and you should read them again.

But I am done with this so we are dropping the subject.

Now Blaine Gabbert is a great QB and he is better then Chase Daniel. He will definetly have a great NFL career.

Here's the way I look at it. If you're on the opposing team playing against the Huskers, I hate you. The fact that you stepped on our field thinking that you were going to beat us makes me want to destroy you. At the end of the game I still don't like you, you played against us and tried to beat us or beat us and I want to burn your entire team underneath Memorial Stadium. The fact that you go around wearing colors other than Scarlet and Cream makes me want to throat punch you. This week we play Missouri...............I hate them. Next week will be a new opponent to hate with a passion that I can't describe because they are in our way and must be destroyed. So yes, I hate Blaine Gabbert and every other Missouri player. I never claimed to be classy, just spirited.