Do you hate Blaine Gabbert?

NUance

It seems to me like a lot of Husker fans absolutely hate Blaine Gabbert. Me, I don’t hate the guy. I respect his skills. I can even understand why he decommitted during the crapstorm of 2007 when Callahan got fired.

Make no mistake, Gabbert is a GREAT QB. That’s why we wanted him. He’ll be solid in the NFL someday. But even though I have a lot of respect for Blaine Gabbert, I hope the Blackshirts have their way with him on Saturday. Really knock the crap out of him. Half dozen blindside sacks. And pick him off two or three times for good measure.

Oh, and all the glowing praise I’ve heaped on Blaine Gabbert——well, that doesn’t carry over to little brother . I think Tyler Gabbert is a worthless little punk riding his brother's coat tails. I have no idea why we recruited that guy.

It's a judgment call sometimes between the Husker forum and the Other Sports forum. I agree, I think this one fits in the Husker forum better. It's about our game this week, and it belongs in the same forum with other discussion about the upcoming game.

I think you summed up my view of Blaine pretty good. As for why we recruited Tyler, I think it's because the kid has got some real skills (like his brother, but without the proto size) and is a dang good QB. Also, probably the family had a lot of respect for Watson and likewise (not sure if that'd still be the case now).

That said, Blaine gets respect because he really made the right call, for him, with all that doubt surrounding the program then. Tyler simply screwed us over, so talent or not he gets the Josh Freeman treatment. It's a real shame that we don't play Missouri anymore after this.

It's a judgment call sometimes between the Husker forum and the Other Sports forum. I agree, I think this one fits in the Husker forum better. It's about our game this week, and it belongs in the same forum with other discussion about the upcoming game.

I think you summed up my view of Blaine pretty good. As for why we recruited Tyler, I think it's because the kid has got some real skills (like his brother, but without the proto size) and is a dang good QB. Also, probably the family had a lot of respect for Watson and likewise (not sure if that'd still be the case now).

That said, Blaine gets respect because he really made the right call, for him, with all that doubt surrounding the program then. Tyler simply screwed us over, so talent or not he gets the Josh Freeman treatment. It's a real shame that we don't play Missouri anymore after this.

There's a decent chance Tyler will never take a snap at Mizzou, anyway. James Franklin is the QB in waiting.

It seems to me like a lot of Husker fans absolutely hate Blaine Gabbert. Me, I don’t hate the guy. I respect his skills. I can even understand why he decommitted during the crapstorm of 2007 when Callahan got fired.

Make no mistake, Gabbert is a GREAT QB. That’s why we wanted him. He’ll be solid in the NFL someday. But even though I have a lot of respect for Blaine Gabbert, I hope the Blackshirts have their way with him on Saturday. Really knock the crap out of him. Half dozen blindside sacks. And pick him off two or three times for good measure.

Oh, and all the glowing praise I’ve heaped on Blaine Gabbert——well, that doesn’t carry over to little brother . I think Tyler Gabbert is a worthless little punk riding his brother's coat tails. I have no idea why we recruited that guy.

I hope you're right...cause we haven't had a great presence in the backfield like we did last year. I don't see it happening, unless it's all coverage pressure.

I hope you're right...cause we haven't had a great presence in the backfield like we did last year. I don't see it happening, unless it's all coverage pressure.

Yeah, funny that. I’m not sure whether we *can’t* get pressure on the QB, or haven’t been trying to. Carl hasn’t done much blitzing. Yet. This Saturday would be a good time to start walking DBs up to the line. Gabbert may be the best QB we face this year.

i do hate the gabberts, so much so that i wrote a poem about it:

I hate the way you play the game

And the way you read the 'd'

I hate the way you throw the ball

I hate your family tree

I hate your big dumb helmet

And the way you read pinkel's mind

I hate you so much that it makes me sick

It even makes me ryhme

I hate the way you're always right

I hate it when you lie

I hate it when you make me laugh

Even worse when you make me cry

I hate the way you're not around

And the fact that you didn't call

But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you

Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.

• Fire 3

I don't hate them at all. De-committing is so common place now. Can't imagine how hard it is for 18 year old kids now as far as recruiting goes and then there's the message boards saying all kinds of not so kind things about them. I just hope we beat Missouri Saturday mostly because of some of their fans, not the Gabberts.

Yeah, funny that. I’m not sure whether we *can’t* get pressure on the QB, or haven’t been trying to. Carl hasn’t done much blitzing. Yet. This Saturday would be a good time to start walking DBs up to the line. Gabbert may be the best QB we face this year.

We have blitzed a fair number of times this year. We blitzed several times against OSU, and got burned a couple of times because the DBs were out of position as a result.

Overall our last two games do not inspire confidence heading into this game. Our defense looked OK against Texas, yet still surrendered a lot of yards and was outcoached and out of position several times, and against OSU we saw more of the same. If we have the same busts against Missouri we're going to lose this game, and we're going to have done it to ourselves once again.

I hate your family tree

It even makes me ryhme

I hate it when you lie

Not only did you not cite the source for that poem, you stole it from a chick movie. Bad, bad, bad. :facepalm:

I hate your family tree

It even makes me ryhme

I hate it when you lie

Not only did you not cite the source for that poem, you stole it from a chick movie. Bad, bad, bad. :facepalm:

first, how would you know?

second, i saw it in junior high, so it is legit. you have limited options in junior high, you see what your friends say you will see.

third, i guess that was the point of the joke, it is a ridiculous movie capped off with a ridiculous poem.

I hate your family tree

It even makes me ryhme

I hate it when you lie

first, how would you know?

second, i saw it in junior high, so it is legit. you have limited options in junior high, you see what your friends say you will see.

third, i guess that was the point of the joke, it is a ridiculous movie capped off with a ridiculous poem.

How would I know? Umm...... would you believe it's a lucky guess? I can guarantee you it's not because I like that movie. And I most certainly do not own that movie. And I most certainly do not watch that movie with my wife when she wants to watch chick flicks because even though it's a chick flick, I like it. No freakin' way is any of that true.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go pound some nails into boards with my fists. Or some other equally manly thing. chuckleshuffle

• Fire 1