Nebraska has faced 1 Good D this year

Can't argue with that logic. We did stumble against the one good defense we will face all year.

+---------------+-----------+-----------+-------+-----------+-----+
|               |Scoring Avg|Scoring Avg|  Pts  |FBS Scoring|     |
|Team           | w/ Mizzou | w/o Mizzou|Allowed|    Rank   | SOS |
|Illinois       |     24.4  |     26.3  |   13  |       78  |  21 |
|McNeese State	|     17.7  |     19.6  |    6  |      n/a  | n/a |
|San Diego State|     33.0  |     34.5  |   24  |       33  |  75 |
|Maimi (Ohio)	|     19.3  |     20.1  |   13  |      103  | 101 |
|Colorado	|     20.0  |     23.3  |    0  |      100  |  24 |
|TAMU           |     32.7  |     36.7  |    9  |       36  |  34 |
|Oklahoma	|     34.7  |     36.0  |   27  |       23  |   7 |

You wanna look at stats? Looking at the numbers here...I'm not overly impresssed. The TAMU game appears to be Mizzou's best defensive effort. But let's not forget that TAMU is now in the midst of upheaval regarding their entire offense. The "goose egg" against Colorado looks good...and sure helps with the ol' average there...but let's not forget that we're talking about Colorado.

Anyway...I guess my point here is that if you want we can compare numbers...I can probably find just as many that favor the Huskers as you can find that favor Mizzou. I suspect that's why they actually play the game on the field. Otherwise...grab yer 20-sider and we can play this out D&D style!! :LOLtartar

Oh...btw...the Husker's will be the best offense Mizzou has faced all year...

oh-snap.jpg

Jokes aside, Missouri's defense is the best we'll face the rest of the year. If we beat this defense, there isn't a defense on the schedule we have to sweat about.

I dunno. If--er--when we beat this defense we might face a better one in the CCG. Even though OU is ranked lower in ncaa total defense stats, they might actually have a better D than Mizzou. And then there's the bowl game.

Whatever you want. Folks on this board go on and on about how you can get "real" football discussion here. Well, there you go, do whatever you want with it.

You seem overly willing to sling the mud, then cry foul. If you want good football discussion, provide some of your own and stop rising to the bait of every single slight you perceive.

pimp-hand-hand-demotivational-poster-1197477609.jpg

I just noticed that Nebraska has faced some pretty poor defenses this year. In fact, the only top 50 defense that NU has gone up against kept their offense completely out of the endzone. Here are the national ranks of the defenses of Nebraska's FBS opponents:

Average Rank: 75

Interestingly enough, South Dakota State has one of the worst defenses in all of FCS (98th out of 117 FCS teams).

This is one the primary reasons why I think Saturday's game will be tough for the Cornhuskers as Missouri's defense is probably going to be able to slow down the NU offense and be able to force some turnovers. Nebraska has been awfully careless with the ball, even while playing pretty poor defenses. Missouri's opportunistic defense could be the difference in the game.

The last time Missouri faced a running game like Nebraska's was Navy last year. How did that turn out?

For that matter . . . how did Missouri do against Nebraska last year.

College football is not transitive.

You quote results from LAST YEAR and then say college football is not transitive? Seems a little ironic, doesn't it? Does this look like the same Missouri team from last year? Is NU the same team as last year?

Jokes aside, Missouri's defense is the best we'll face the rest of the year. If we beat this defense, there isn't a defense on the schedule we have to sweat about.

I dunno. If--er--when we beat this defense we might face a better one in the CCG. Even though OU is ranked lower in ncaa total defense stats, they might actually have a better D than Mizzou. And then there's the bowl game.

We've been told all week how OU's D really isn't that great, so which is it?

We'll let you know after we face them in the CCG.

We'll let you know after we face them in the CCG.

Boom.

I think i must have missed where Mizzou suddenly became the most unbeatable team in the nation! By looking at the stats, if I were Pelini I would just tell my guys to stay in the locker room! :sarcasm

This game is going to be great, I am not saying NU is going to win anymore than they will lose, but if I went on Tigerboard spitting this garbage I would be asking for a beating. If you want to talk match-ups or that tangibles that make this game great, cool, but don't pull stats out your rear and expect everyone to go, oh no we have no chance against MU now :o If you really want to compare watch a couple of NU games, you would be lying to yourself if you don't think this will be one of the best head to head match-up of the year. Yes I watched the OU game and also the Illinois game, and if you can tell me what MU does so much better then NU I am all ears and up for debate. There have been good and bad for both teams this year, it just bugs the you know what out of me when I see someone throw stats out for the sake of an argument! :rant ok, i am done :)

Perspective, folks. No one said anyone was unbeatable. This is what it sounds like when you hear someone's opinion about your team's chances that you don't agree with. The OP did not come on here spewing nonsense. He took a position and backed it up with stats and observations. You don't have to agree with it, but it was not flaming.

Yes, of course it's going to be a tough game. For all the "serious" football conversation on here, it doesn't amount to squat b/c no one knows what's going to happen and it will have no impact on the game.

I happen to agree. On paper, Missouri does have the advantage in this game. Oklahoma St. also had an advantage last week. Can Nebraska make Missouri one dimensional? Can Nebraska hang onto the ball? Can our receivers make some catches? Can Nebraska get pressure on Gabbert? Who knows...but it is going to be fun watching the game and I like our chances. The 2008 game should be enough motivation.