Why we win

Missouri's run defense vs. Nebraska run offense is going to be a huge mismatch in the Husker's favor. missouri has the number 23 run defense vs. Nebraska's number 5 run offense. That doesn't sound like that much of a mismatch until you look further. Missouri hasn't really played anyone that runs the ball effectively. The two best run teams Missouri has played are Illinois (number 27 run offense) and San Diego St. (number 37 run offense). Against Illinois, Missouri gave up 200 yards rushing at an average of 5 yards a rush. That was the first game, so it wouldn't mean much as an isolated incident. But against San Diego St., Missouri gave up 250 yards rushing at an average of 7.5 yards per rush. The numbers bear out that Nebraska has a significantly better rushing game than either of those two teams.

Missouri's defensive strength is pass defense. While Nebraska showed last week that they can be effective in the pass game, I think it is clear that their offense of choice is rushing. Given the performances of both teams this year, I just don't see how Missouri is going to stop Nebraska's running game. And Nebraska's defense is like Missouri's, but better. a very good pass defense and an average rush defense; the difference being is that Missouri does not have a serious rushing offense, ranking 79th in the nation.

We win, and we cover the spread...

• Fire 1

Missouri's run defense vs. Nebraska run offense is going to be a huge mismatch in the Husker's favor. missouri has the number 23 run defense vs. Nebraska's number 5 run offense. That doesn't sound like that much of a mismatch until you look further. Missouri hasn't really played anyone that runs the ball effectively. The two best run teams Missouri has played are Illinois (number 27 run offense) and San Diego St. (number 37 run offense). Against Illinois, Missouri gave up 200 yards rushing at an average of 5 yards a rush. That was the first game, so it wouldn't mean much as an isolated incident. But against San Diego St., Missouri gave up 250 yards rushing at an average of 7.5 yards per rush. The numbers bear out that Nebraska has a significantly better rushing game than either of those two teams.

Missouri's defensive strength is pass defense. While Nebraska showed last week that they can be effective in the pass game, I think it is clear that their offense of choice is rushing. Given the performances of both teams this year, I just don't see how Missouri is going to stop Nebraska's running game. And Nebraska's defense is like Missouri's, but better. a very good pass defense and an average rush defense; the difference being is that Missouri does not have a serious rushing offense, ranking 79th in the nation.

I don't think they should even play the game. It's all in the numbers.

it makes sense if we can run the ball effectively, we eat up the clock and keep Missouri's O off the field.

they will eventually have to put 7 guys in the box and then even Martinez should be able to hit the short passes and move the chains...i agree, we cover the spread and reveal Missouri as a pretender....we also need to protect the ball and get some picks off Gabbert..

That was prior to the Dominique Hamilton injury, too. It'll be interesting to see how they fill his position. They still have Terrell Resonno, who has been playing quite well by all accounts, and they fill with Jimmy Burge, who has one of the best afros of all time:

JIMMY20BURGE20220.jpg

Marvin Foster, RSFr will see playing time, as will Jr Brenden Donaldson. Not a big drop off. Coach Steckel has also used 4 defensive ends several times this season.

That was prior to the Dominique Hamilton injury, too. It'll be interesting to see how they fill his position. They still have Terrell Resonno, who has been playing quite well by all accounts, and they fill with Jimmy Burge, who has one of the best afros of all time:

JIMMY20BURGE20220.jpg

the guy looks like a girl with big cha chas!

JIMMY20BURGE20220.jpg

That afro could kill someone!....

JIMMY20BURGE20220.jpg

respect for rocking a blonde, a f'n blonde fro...

If nothing else this kid has stones

I think that if we can get an early lead we win and cover because Coach Periwinkle will abandon the run and rely on Gabbert's arm..against our secondary this is not smart.

:throwdabones1:

I guess stopping OU and their rushing offense doesn't count. All OU did all day was run bubble screens left and right in the passing game(which for a spread offense is a running game) and then run Demarco Murray the other 50% of the time. Demarco will be playing on Sundays so he isn't to shabby. Don't be too quick to discount our defense... this isn't the same Missouri D. Your quarterback is the only one that scares me... so fast.

I guess stopping OU and their rushing offense doesn't count. All OU did all day was run bubble screens left and right in the passing game(which for a spread offense is a running game) and then run Demarco Murray the other 50% of the time. Demarco will be playing on Sundays so he isn't to shabby. Don't be too quick to discount our defense... this isn't the same Missouri D. Your quarterback is the only one that scares me... so fast.

OU has the 65th ranked rushing offense. Mizzou hasn't played anybody like NU's offense. Mizzou is the most complete team NU has faced. Should be a good game.

Our version of the spread is a little more dynamic. And our run game isn't only bubble screens left and right.

Our version of the spread is a little more dynamic. And our run game isn't only bubble screens left and right.

running Helu and Burkhead off trap plays up the middle could be effective with a few qb draws and some passing, that is a lot to cover.