Crowd chanting "overrated"

If this is the worst that can be said about Husker fans, then we are the classiest fans in college football, at least way classier than Mizzou. You are overrated, and if hearing that sticks in your craw, then you need to get some thicker skin.

I recall my trip to Columbia in 2005, walking back to my car and seeing the goalposts carried past us (yes, you guys tore down the goal posts when you beat a Callahan team) hearing "M-I-Z, Z-O-U, f#*k NEBRASKA! f#*k NEBRASKA!" This was followed by Missouri fans coming up to my wife and a friends mom saying, "f#*k NEBRASKA! f#*k YOU! Bypassing the large males walking and screaming at 2 women who are all of 5 feet tall.

I hate Missouri, and I hope this stings forever to know you will NEVER BEAT NEBRASKA AGAIN...EVER. Deuces bitches.

• Fire 1

If this is the worst that can be said about Husker fans, then we are the classiest fans in college football, at least way classier than Mizzou. You are overrated, and if hearing that sticks in your craw, then you need to get some thicker skin.

I recall my trip to Columbia in 2005, walking back to my car and seeing the goalposts carried past us (yes, you guys tore down the goal posts when you beat a Callahan team) hearing "M-I-Z, Z-O-U, f#*k NEBRASKA! f#*k NEBRASKA!" This was followed by Missouri fans coming up to my wife and a friends mom saying, "f#*k NEBRASKA! f#*k YOU! Bypassing the large males walking and screaming at 2 women who are all of 5 feet tall.

I hate Missouri, and I hope this stings forever to know you will NEVER BEAT NEBRASKA AGAIN...EVER. Deuces bitches.

I had a similar experience in 05 and 07. Mizzou apparently tears down the goalposts for every other win they get

Classiest fans in America

I have a question. Don't you think sometimes some kind of stinging chants are fun?

I love hockey and in the rink some of the chants make me laugh. They are clever....and sting a little. "Over-rated" isn't really that bad. Kind of a dig but don't you do that with your buddies anyways?

But when I read that Texas fans were substituting "Go INBREAD" when we were chanting "Go Big RED" I almost cried.

(From laughing).

Some weeks it appears we are ALL over rated.

Good luck Misouri fans!

I'll probably pull for your team from now on.

(unless of course it adversely affects our standing and/or Turner Gill needs a win to save his job).

I'm sorry... I was at the game and I didn't even see or hear this. Where/when did it happen?

But yes, it is kind of low to point out true, but hurtful things about a team. Where I was, everyone applauded as the Tigers left the field.

Reported by the post-game guy on KMBC. You could hear it in the background.

Thx. I actually hate stuff like that and do think it's pretty tacky to mock someone who came in, played a good game, and left with dignity. But I didn't see it, it wasn't even a significant number of people doing it, and probably just some drunks. Sorry.

I'm sorry... I was at the game and I didn't even see or hear this. Where/when did it happen?

But yes, it is kind of low to point out true, but hurtful things about a team. Where I was, everyone applauded as the Tigers left the field.

Reported by the post-game guy on KMBC. You could hear it in the background.

Thx. I actually hate stuff like that and do think it's pretty tacky to mock someone who came in, played a good game, and left with dignity. But I didn't see it, it wasn't even a significant number of people doing it, and probably just some drunks. Sorry.

Student section.

I have a question. Don't you think sometimes some kind of stinging chants are fun?

I love hockey and in the rink some of the chants make me laugh. They are clever....and sting a little. "Over-rated" isn't really that bad. Kind of a dig but don't you do that with your buddies anyways?

I don't have a problem with a little sting. You handed us our asses, fair and square. But "overrated" has, and always will be, a dumb and classless chant. You're actually running down your own team when you chant this.

You can't, on one hand, pound your chest about a win over a top 10 team and then turn around and chant "overrated".

I can promise you most Nebraska fans won't pound their chests about a win over a top 10 mizzou team... because (right or wrong) mizzou football is NOT taken seriously in this state

• Fire 1

I don't have a problem with a little sting. You handed us our asses, fair and square. But "overrated" has, and always will be, a dumb and classless chant. You're actually running down your own team when you chant this.

You can't, on one hand, pound your chest about a win over a top 10 team and then turn around and chant "overrated".

I can promise you most Nebraska fans won't pound their chests about a win over a top 10 mizzou team... because (right or wrong) mizzou football is NOT taken seriously in this state

You (not you specifically) started a whole thread about it: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/48057-monkey-is-finally-off-our-backs/

I realize this doesn't necessarily represent the entire fanbase, but I highly doubt you will just dismiss this win.

You (not you specifically) started a whole thread about it: http://www.huskerboa...-off-our-backs/

I realize this doesn't necessarily represent the entire fanbase, but I highly doubt you will just dismiss this win.

Who did Nebraska just beat...?

You (not you specifically) started a whole thread about it: http://www.huskerboa...-off-our-backs/

Who did Nebraska just beat...?