Nebraska might be the best team in the country...

irafreak

oregon is having trouble tonight.

Bingo. Oregon is looking pretty lost right now.... Down to USC 32-29, and USC's got all the Mo. You know, the BIGGG MO... momentum. As Corso would say.

If USC can close out, that would be very nice. Weird to cheer for them... but, whatever. I think a one loss NU team is more attractive to the BCS than undefeated TCU/BSU/Utah. Play some good teams, then we'll talk. Auburn and Alabama have yet to play each other, so one of those teams will get a loss. What'd be sweet is if one of them beat the other in the regular season, and then that loser goes on to win the SEC.

In that scenario, we'd have a one loss SEC team and a one loss Oregon. The mere face that OU is still ranked ninth is a joke. They are not that good. We'll have our chance to do something about that if they win the South... over Baylor. I lol at saying that.

oregon is having trouble tonight.

Bingo. Oregon is looking pretty lost right now.... Down to USC 32-29, and USC's got all the Mo. You know, the BIGGG MO... momentum. As Corso would say.

If USC can close out, that would be very nice. Weird to cheer for them... but, whatever. I think a one loss NU team is more attractive to the BCS than undefeated TCU/BSU/Utah. Play some good teams, then we'll talk. Auburn and Alabama have yet to play each other, so one of those teams will get a loss. What'd be sweet is if one of them beat the other in the regular season, and then that loser goes on to win the SEC.

In that scenario, we'd have a one loss SEC team and a one loss Oregon. The mere face that OU is still ranked ninth is a joke. They are not that good. We'll have our chance to do something about that if they win the South... over Baylor. I lol at saying that.

Never mind, Oregon is pulling away fast. Now back to your regular scheduled program.

At times, we play like the best team in the country, but I still think we're not consistent enough to claim that distinction. My rankings:

1) Oregon

2) Auburn

3) Boise State

4) Utah

5) Alabama

6) Nebraska

7) TCU

My prediction is that 'Bama will beat Auburn and that Oregon and Boise State will play for the national title. It would actually be a good game.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/feed/2010-10/tough-huskers/story/nebraska-might-be-the-best-team-in-the-nation

Sporting news...quote

"There’s not another team in the Big 12 that can match up with Nebraska. Not Oklahoma or any other team in the South Division—including Texas. With a little help over the final month of the season, the Huskers can prove there’s not another team in the nation, either."

Perhaps a bit much...but why not! :koolaid2:

Make it a double! :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

But, wow. When we don't turn the ball over and execute on offense like we did in the first quarter... look out! :cheers

What is wrong with you people? Why is nobody on this board willing to say how good we really are. There is always somebody to tear down any effort the Huskers put up. You people are ridiculous. We should be undefeated right now and you all are acting like we're struggling to be bowl eligible.

IF....Oregon HAD a defense....they would be the BEST team in nation...IMO....BUT they aren't! GO ARIZONA!!! so the Huskers can move up! muhahahaha

Akshully, their defense is not too shabby. It's definitely underrated because it lives in the offense's shadow, but it's not bad in its own right. They end up having to spend a lot of time on the field because Oregon's offense scores so damn fast.

Not impossible by nay means. Alabama will beat Auburn, but will lose to eithe mississippi state or lsu. So that will make both of those teams fall unde us. TCU plays Utah next weekend so one of them will drop below us. We need utah to beat tcu(tcus remaining schedule is weak and wont lose another game) then we need notre dame or byu to beat utah. I still feel that nevada or idaho will upset boise state. Oregon still has to play washington, cal, arizona and oregon state. That is a tough schedule folks and i feel that arizona state or oregon state will beat them. Wisconsin will probably stay ahead of us though because they only play michigan, norhwestern, purdue and indiana. Ohio state still plays penn state and iowa so they might lose one of those. We need ou to keep winning so they can be ranked decently when we play them in the big xii championship. But we NEED utah to beat tcu and NEED one of those teams to upset wisconsin and we will be fine.

What is wrong with you people? Why is nobody on this board willing to say how good we really are. There is always somebody to tear down any effort the Huskers put up. You people are ridiculous. We should be undefeated right now and you all are acting like we're struggling to be bowl eligible.

It's because we rolled through a bunch of mediocre teams pre-Texas. Texas exposed our offense for what it was and forced us to make changes. Okie State exposed our defense for what it was and forced us to make changes. Missouri feels like the first complete game we've played where we played well on both sides of the ball in the same game against a quality opponent. Hasn't really happened up till now. Now the question is if we can keep it up.

The problem is not that we have one loss; it's that so many teams ahead of us will either be undefeated or will have a less-ugly loss to their credit. Texas stuck the knife in by winning that game and is proceeding to twist it around by blowing @$$ every week since then. And they haven't even played Texas A&M or Okie State yet. And talk about problems playing at home! Texas has lost their last three home games to UCLA, Iowa State, and Baylor. Yeesh!