The 12th Player

The Goal-Line stand was a thing of beauty, and the crowd was definitely rocking. I have a roaring headache this AM and my ears are still ringing.

I was in the North end zone with my dad and we were screaming the whole time, but at one point in the second half he said he had to sit down. I told him I was going to keep yelling and he replied something along the lines of, "It's still at timeout" (this was just before a TV timeout ended). I called dad a Blue Hair. I don't think he got the joke. :)

This is one of the few times I couldn't hear the band, after a score they were just drowned out, amazing really...

The first 3 series, with the two Mizzou 3-and-outs and the Helu first play TD run...our cathedral was going absolutely nuts. But the explosion that happened after that goal line stand takes the cake. Even North Stadium and the club seats were going crazy which is something I rarely see. Another thing was that after our 2nd TD, about 3/4 of the crowd did the students hand-waving thing which surprised me too

I think the 2008 Colorado game still takes the pie for me. Not only was Henery's kick unreal, but the interception for a touchdown after that was probably the craziest I've ever seen the stadium. I've never almost fallen over from people jumping around in celebration like I did in that game.

Yesterday was pretty good though, I will admit. I was especially proud of the people outside the student section, and in the North end zone. I could see those people fired up over there.

The first quarter was loud with reason because it was like every minute there was a reason to be celebrating. THe second quarter got pretty quiet. The second half the intensity was good. The goalline stand(even if Mizzou got 3) got VERY loud.

The ending of the CU game with the kick and pick was the loudest I have ever seen first hand right up there with the '94 CU game and the last party over OU in the Big 8. The whole OU game was rocking last year was loud because with NU's ineptness on offense every defensive possession was huge and the defense responded. But after Ciante, Camstache, and COmpton stuffed Blaino it was pretty ape.

The Goal-Line stand was a thing of beauty, and the crowd was definitely rocking. I have a roaring headache this AM and my ears are still ringing.

I was in the North end zone with my dad and we were screaming the whole time, but at one point in the second half he said he had to sit down. I told him I was going to keep yelling and he replied something along the lines of, "It's still at timeout" (this was just before a TV timeout ended). I called dad a Blue Hair. I don't think he got the joke. :)

This is one of the few times I couldn't hear the band, after a score they were just drowned out, amazing really...

This game was loud. It was as loud as I remember the '92 Halloween CU night game. Does anyone remember when it was so loud at the '93 KSU game they called a penalty on the crowd? Crazy.

God yes. Was that back in 93? Sheesh probably not a lot of us that can remember that one. IIRC NU was penalized for that more than once that game and year. It was a year that they made those calls to try to eliminate a competitive advantage of an offense not being able to hear their QB's. What a crock that was, almost way to comical. I remember games in which opposing QB's would break the huddle and then just stand next to the referee more or less begging for the flags because of the noise. It became such a crock because after they'd get one flag they'd try to milk it for more calls the rest of the game. It was the best when they's waste the majority of the play clock waiting for the ref to bail them out, and the ref would just tell them to play.

Don't think the rule lasted more than that one piss poor failed attempt. Thank goodness.