Anyone else annoyed with Erin Andrews new role on Gameday

They have always had experts (I use the term expert loosely). An expert being a former coach or player as hosts. I would imagine it is an effort to increase rating, but I think it's annoying.

I think she does ok talking about injuries or interviewing a coach at halftime, but everything else seems like BLAH BLAH BLAH. I don't recall what team it was a few back, but she was literally breaking down a play....what?

Thoughts?

They have always had experts (I use the term expert loosely). An expert being a former coach or player as hosts. I would imagine it is an effort to increase rating, but I think it's annoying.

I think she does ok talking about injuries or interviewing a coach at halftime, but everything else seems like BLAH BLAH BLAH. I don't recall what team it was a few back, but she was literally breaking down a play....what?

Thoughts?

How is her role any different than Chris Fowler's? Neither played football in college, both have a Journalism degree, and Fowler has given game analysis. I don't see the difference? :dunno

Thoughts?

I'm not a fan. My wife even asked why she is on there, besides how she looks. I would like someone like a Mike Ditka, or someone whose opinions and true knowledge of the game I can respect. I feel the exact same way about Mark May, who just doesn't often make a lot of sense.

Fowler doesn't sound like my 15 year old niece talking about the guy she has a crush on in algebra class. Fowler sounds like he's talking about football. Erin Andrews reminds me of Jillian from Family Guy when she talks. It kinda reminds me of nails on a chalkboard, but I like nails on a chalkboard a hell of a lot better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJPDOH0Jsfk

Is it wrong that I now want Jillian on gameday?

Thoughts?

I'm not a fan. My wife even asked why she is on there, besides how she looks. I would like someone like a Mike Ditka, or someone whose opinions and true knowledge of the game I can respect. I feel the exact same way about Mark May, who just doesn't often make a lot of sense.

I don't usually watch gameday, but I also cannot imagine why anyone would try to look for any "expert" opinions on anything ESPN when you can get more than enough from Nexus here on HB.

I haven't watched Gameday in years. I quit watching "The Leader" for anything other than games once they stopped showing highlights, and started trotting out "experts" like Mike Golic or whoever...to prattle on and on and on and on....

So, yeah, she annoys the bejesus out of me. No more than anyone else on that network, though. All that forced attitude and b*tchiness got old even before Keith Olbermann left, over a decade ago.