Magic Practiced "Surprisingly Well"

Husker Z

Plus they called it a high ankle sprain. More stability higher up the ankle...more joint movement down low so it should be a higher risk of injury (low that is).

Couldn't be more wrong. There is no "low ankle sprain". There is the high ankle sprain and the common ankle sprain. High ankle sprains are usually MORE severe than common ankle sprains. The ligaments that support greater forces are located higher up the ankle, thus the more pressure that is put on these ligaments with activities such as walking, running, etc.

Typically, High Ankle sprains have minimal swelling and bruising compared to the common ankle sprain. Most of the time, the worse the sprain looks, typically the better it actually is. Yeah, that's weird, I know.

On another note, I played football in high school, and injured my ankle early on in the season. I was glad that it was "just a sprain". My game was on Friday. Lucky, we had a bye week the next week, and I was on crutches all week, missing the whole week of practice (coach wasn't pleased). I started practicing next monday, but I can tell you I wasn't near ready to be. I pushed through the pain, however coach said he wanted me taking it easy. I didn't run routes (I was a TE), and I didn't do blocking drills. I didn't start running routes until the Thursday before the game, and coach could still tell I wasn't 100%. I got bumped to 2nd string for the game.

Judging, I would say that I wasn't probably 100% for at least 6 weeks after the injury. However, for me the difference between 90% and 100% wasn't much, which I would say for TM is probably more significant.

Bo says Martinez a "game-time decision"

Freshman quarterback Taylor Martinez practiced on Thursday, but his status for the Iowa State game remains unclear.

"He's getting better each day," Husker head coach Bo Pelini said. "It will be probably a game-time decision, but he's getting better every day."

As for Alfonzo Dennard? Pelini said the junior corner did conduct some workouts Thursday. He hasn't practiced in previous days due to a concussion suffered against Missouri.

Is Dennard ruled out for this week's game?

"No one's been officially ruled out," Pelini said.

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/bo_says_martinez_a_gametime_decision.html

There is NO REASON to play Dennard in this game, and I think the staff will make the correct decision. I wouldn't even let him travel, or if they do, make him wear streets. This guy is way too valuable to waste.

Same goes for TMart. Play Lee and give ISU a steady diet of Rex, Roy, Niles and BK and see how they like it.

In the case of T-mart I hope that he plays (if it is safe) because I'll be at the game.

With an injury like this to T-mart do the coachs engage in what I will call gamesmanship (sp) just to keep the other team from having a clear focus on how to prepare?? The only thing for sure is that they (ISU) prepare for being totaly dominated.

:bonesflag::bonesflag:

There is NO REASON to play Dennard in this game, and I think the staff will make the correct decision. I wouldn't even let him travel, or if they do, make him wear streets. This guy is way too valuable to waste.

Same goes for TMart. Play Lee and give ISU a steady diet of Rex, Roy, Niles and BK and see how they like it.

could not agree more, with everything you said. lee can handle isu. lee could hand the rest of the regular conference schedule just fine.

too bad green is not better. at the beginning of the year, i thought the coaches should decide a game ahead of time and let him play 4 qtrs. i thought it would be really good for his development and confidence. unfortunately, i do not think he is quite ready to manage a whole game by himself.

could not agree more, with everything you said. lee can handle isu. lee could hand the rest of the regular conference schedule just fine.

too bad green is not better. at the beginning of the year, i thought the coaches should decide a game ahead of time and let him play 4 qtrs. i thought it would be really good for his development and confidence. unfortunately, i do not think he is quite ready to manage a whole game by himself.

LOL Greens most effective play is the knee at the end of the game.

LOL Greens most effective play is the knee at the end of the game.

i doubt you actually 'laughed out loud'.

That's nuts, giving a backup QB an entire game just to bring him along? I think we have enough resources to allocate to bring Taylor along this year; sure it'd be nice but there's only so many games. The best to let Green get better would have been to redshirt him, but I suspect he did not want that.

I hope Green takes kneel-downs a lot better than Zac Lee, because let's face it, that's not really Lee's strong suit. Guy lost ten freaking yards doing three kneel-downs last week.

That's nuts, giving a backup QB an entire game just to bring him along? I think we have enough resources to allocate to bring Taylor along this year; sure it'd be nice but there's only so many games. The best to let Green get better would have been to redshirt him, but I suspect he did not want that.

I hope Green takes kneel-downs a lot better than Zac Lee, because let's face it, that's not really Lee's strong suit. Guy lost ten freaking yards doing three kneel-downs last week.

is it nuts?

especially when bo would put green in every game for a series and i got to believe they were worried about losing him. you have to make him seem relevant to the team. also, i think he struggled in those single series because he felt too much pressure to prove himself. with a whole game, he could calm down and get some rhythm. i do not think it is 'nuts'.