Big 12 officiating sux

dergibog

Ball was definitely over on the QB sneak ..

Do you think it was over? I think everyone did. But could you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it did? No, and no one could since Crick blocked the view down the line out.

The point of review is to have, without doubt, clear evidence that the play should be overturned. Never once did we see that the ball clearly broke the plain.

Although it was safe to assume it did, assumptions are not to be figured into a replay.

The officiating was frigging horrid in this game....I am just pissed about this performance of Neb and the overall officiating....eh...on to next week....

-To add to the BS: This WAS THE WORST OFFICIATING I HAVE EVER SEEN in a Neb game...I wasn't old enough to pay too much attention to the bullsh#t that occured with Penn State....

The Big 12 has 2 choices here. Either the officials are completely incompetent or they are looking to help NUs opposition.

There was as much evidence that Roy was down as there was Arnaud crossed the goalline. Which is to say none in either case.

How does one miss a player yanking on another player's helmet...for 10 seconds after the play is over? Talk about your intent to injure.

We will have to play through these things, though.

Let this be a warning to other teams that might want to join the BigTex in the future, you will not get a fair shake, as it relates to officiating. Mangino was right on the money a few years ago.

Do you think it was over? I think everyone did. But could you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it did? No, and no one could since Crick blocked the view down the line out.

The point of review is to have, without doubt, clear evidence that the play should be overturned. Never once did we see that the ball clearly broke the plain.

Although it was safe to assume it did, assumptions are not to be figured into a replay.

It was very clear the ball was over the line and I had no issue with the overturn. From the straight-on angle, you knew the ball was above his stomach and you knew the goalline was at his high chest/low shoulder area. So the only thing to confirm was that he had possession of the ball at that point, which was confirmed from the other angles.

The officiating is really getting out of hand and has me legitimately concerned it will cost us the Big 12 title. The more I think about it, the more real it seems that the deck is stacked against us winning the Big 12. I say this because you really think the Big 12 wants to hear the following every Sat. next season from joe college football fan..."you know the Big 12 sucks...they lost their best team Nebraska and Texas is no good anymore...man, what a weak conference!". Plus if NU wins the Big 12 it will also be said..."Man the Big 10 is a great conference...they already had some top teams plus they added the best team/only BCS team from the Big 12...what a conference!". That will be the perception next season and that is the precise reason the Big 12 needs to ensure that Okie State, Mizzou, OU get through over us. They desperately need this now that Texas is out this year. Don't be surprised if a lower ranked OU or Okie State beats us in the CCG. I just have a bad feeling about this.

• Fire 1

My biggest issue with the Helu "fumble" was that the refs called the play down, up until the point that Coach Rhoades got into their ears about it. As the announcers even stated, the line judge was running right into the play and should have clearly been able to see the play, and he originally called the play down. That's what makes me the most mad about that play in particular.

It was very clear the ball was over the line and I had no issue with the overturn. From the straight-on angle, you knew the ball was above his stomach and you knew the goalline was at his high chest/low shoulder area. So the only thing to confirm was that he had possession of the ball at that point, which was confirmed from the other angles.

Yes, I thought this too. The TV replay showed it a bit quickly I think, but there was a moment where it was pretty clear the ball was over. I suppose I should take a look at that again. But I thought "no doubt" there.

But see again this a judgement call which it's not supposed to be. The fact that Roy looked down and progress looked stopped but you couldn't see clearly they let the play stand. Same thing with the TD. Upper torso looked across the white line and ball should've been up there because heading into the pile it was but you couldn't see the ball over the white line which is the only thing that matters for a TD. The same game had the same thing called two different ways. That's what I have a problem with.

Offensive pass interference was called a number of times tonight. In the Texass game I think and the South Carolina game.

Here's the rule:

b. Offensive pass interference by a Team A player beyond the neutral zone

during a legal forward pass play in which a forward pass crosses the

neutral zone is contact that interferes with a Team B eligible player. It is

the responsibility of the offensive player to avoid the opponents...

g. Each player has territorial rights, and incidental contact is ruled under

“attempt to reach…the pass’’ in Rule 7-3-8. If opponents who are beyond

the line collide while moving toward the pass, a foul by one or both players

is indicated only if intent to impede the opponent is obvious. It is pass

interference only if a catchable forward pass is involved

Notice that "intent" applies when players are moving toward the pass, but the pick play happened when the outside receiver impeded the DeJon Gomes movement beyond the line of scrimmage. It's pass interference, there is no "pick" rule.

The officiating is really getting out of hand and has me legitimately concerned it will cost us the Big 12 title. The more I think about it, the more real it seems that the deck is stacked against us winning the Big 12. I say this because you really think the Big 12 wants to hear the following every Sat. next season from joe college football fan..."you know the Big 12 sucks...they lost their best team Nebraska and Texas is no good anymore...man, what a weak conference!". Plus if NU wins the Big 12 it will also be said..."Man the Big 10 is a great conference...they already had some top teams plus they added the best team/only BCS team from the Big 12...what a conference!". That will be the perception next season and that is the precise reason the Big 12 needs to ensure that Okie State, Mizzou, OU get through over us. They desperately need this now that Texas is out this year. Don't be surprised if a lower ranked OU or Okie State beats us in the CCG. I just have a bad feeling about this.

Don't forget that the Big 12 exit fee withheld from NU would be reduced by 500k if NU represents the conference in a BCS game. $500K is a good reason to have some calls go against NU.