Big 12 officiating sux

dergibog

I will be glad to see the big 12 officials in the rear view mirror. Offensive pass interference on two of ISU's TD's goes uncalled (push-off in the end zone in first half and a pick by outside receiver in second half). Targeting the head by yanking Burkhead's helmet goes uncalled, but Legate gets flagged for pushing the Cyclone off of Burkhead. A replay that clearly does NOT show the ball over the goal line reverses the call on the field giving ISU a TD. Helu's forward progress was clearly stopped on his "fumble" especially by Big 12 standards (see Gabbert last week). I really can't stomach that kind of incompetence.

I will be glad to see the big 12 officials in the rear view mirror. Offensive pass interference on two of ISU's TD's goes uncalled (push-off in the end zone in first half and a pick by outside receiver in second half). Targeting the head by yanking Burkhead's helmet goes uncalled, but Legate gets flagged for pushing the Cyclone off of Burkhead. A replay that clearly does NOT show the ball over the goal line reverses the call on the field giving ISU a TD. Helu's forward progress was clearly stopped on his "fumble" especially by Big 12 standards (see Gabbert last week). I really can't stomach that kind of incompetence.

Agree completely. Yet another poorly officiated game. Last week it was both ways. Big 12 refs are awful

We won't get any calls for the rest of this season. We need to stop putting ourselves in that position in the first place, but the refs are out to screw us. It's so obvious right now it's ridiculous. I wish someone on the national media level would bring attention to it. Between the no fumble call last week against Mizzou, the personal foul against Legate, and the fumble by Helu, I've never seen so many bad calls.

It will be interesting to see if Bo gets into any trouble for his comment right before half about Helu being held for 15 seconds and refs blowing the call.

Why he was only telling the truth. This call was even more heinous considering the BS excuse the refs used last week on Gabbert's fumble. Unbelievable!

Agree on the fumble but it was close.

Ball was definitely over on the QB sneak and the pick was "natural".

You're wrong on the Helu's fumble. His forward progress was stopped. I pointed out and others have too, that Gabbert's forward progress being stopped negated the fumble in the Mizzou game. Arnaud didn't score a touchdown on the field, but the bozo in the booth gave it to him without "clear evidence" to the contrary. You couldn't see the ball in any replay. No TD.

Offensive pass interference:

1. Blocking downfield prior to the pass crossing the neutral zone (Second half touchdown)

2. Push-off creating separation (touchdown in first quarter)

3. Driving through the defender who has established position

4. Grabbing an elbow, jersey or hip and pulling the defender through and using that move to propel them past the defense

You're wrong on the Helu's fumble. His forward progress was stopped. I pointed out and others have too, that Gabbert's forward progress being stopped negated the fumble in the Mizzou game. Arnaud didn't score a touchdown on the field, but the bozo in the booth gave it to him without "clear evidence" to the contrary. You couldn't see the ball in any replay. No TD.

1. Blocking downfield prior to the pass crossing the neutral zone (Second half touchdown)

4. Grabbing an elbow, jersey or hip and pulling the defender through and using that move to propel them past the defense

I'm wrong on the fumble? I said I agreed with you...

Even though you couldn't see the ball, you could see his head and midsection and you knew were the ball was, clearly over the plane.

The pick was natural and not described in any of those four points. An illegal pick is a separate call from OPI anyways.

I'm wrong on the fumble? I said I agreed with you...

Even though you couldn't see the ball, you could see his head and midsection and you knew were the ball was, clearly over the plane.

The pick was natural and not described in any of those four points. An illegal pick is a separate call from OPI anyways.

This is what bothers me. There's no consistency on plays like this. The call on the field was no TD yet they reversed it despite the fact that you could never see the ball only where the ball might've been. Roy looked down but you couldn't tell so the call stood. How can you call one inconclusive then over-rule the next for an equal lack of evidence. I have no problem with a judgement call based on a better view in slow motion...but it should be that way all the time then. Just like the texas second last year I felt it SHOULD be the right call but it's not consistent with any other call so I thought it was BS.

• Fire 1