Projected BCS Standings

FLU

The higher Oklahoma State climbs the better for us. Too many of our opponents have fallen way down the ranks, including Texas. Missouri losing to A&M hurts a lot.

that should correct itself after we thump aggy

Wouldnt A&M beating OU be better for us.

Its pretty much a given that the Bedlam winner be the south Champ.

No. We do not have strength of schedule to overtake the leaders. Losing the only top ten ranked team left on our schedule will hurt us in the computers. And there is something about playing the same team twice that is not good, which if it plays out like it looks, we would meet Okie Lite right now. All of the teams we have beaten losing is hurting us, Texas hurts us because they beat us and continue on this downward slide.

No. We do not have strength of schedule to overtake the leaders. Losing the only top ten ranked team left on our schedule will hurt us in the computers. And there is something about playing the same team twice that is not good, which if it plays out like it looks, we would meet Okie Lite right now. All of the teams we have beaten losing is hurting us, Texas hurts us because they beat us and continue on this downward slide.

But it was never a given that we were gonna play OU in the champ game. Im looking at right now on A&M beating OU on how that actually hurts us, considering we play A&M, not OU in the regular season.

Okie Lite looks a lot better than OU right now.... I would think beating the same team twice ranked in the top 15 would be out weigh it.

I know Im asking dumb questions, but Im kinda trying educate myself alittle bit more on BCS.

Beating a OU team in the CCG that is ranked 6th would be far better than a Okie Lite at 11th. We need those extra points and credit for beating a name program I think.

I honestly think Okie Lite is gonna be a top 10, maybe top 8 team by the time we play them in CCG.

But I get what your saying though.

quick thing: the computers had mizzou 4th and bama 14th... so lsu probably doesnt gain as much from the win, but we probably lose a little due to mizzou losing

The problem isn't the computer rankings as much as the coaches poll. I bet LSU jumps us in that and that should be enough to put them ahead of us. Mizzou will tumble in the computer rankings after losing to unranked Tech.

You think we would go over a 1 loss Auburn team? I doubt it.

The later you lose in a season the more damaging it is.

Exactly, Alabama is Auburn's final regular season game, if they lose they most likely fall to around 7 or 8, granted they still are going to their CCG but i dont see how they would jump to #2 if they win that. LSU wont have a chance because they arnt going to their CCG and i think we would jump them if we win ours. Right now we are in the best position for a one loss team. But we do need to worry about Wisconsin or Ohio State behind us. As for the non BCS schools its a toss up. There will be massive contriversy when it's bowl pickin' time.

I dont think there is chance we play in the MNC. And I actually hope we do not after watching this team. Good team but not a NC calibur team in my mind. I do not want to see 2001 repeated ever again. I think it would be worse.

:facepalm: Seriously? you would turn down a NC appearance?

Anything can happen in the big game; you cant be scared of losing.

FAIL

Tell me your thoughts on Utah this morning. Yesterday they were a player and no one thought what happened would. I do not think we are the level we need to be to be competitive with the top 4 programs right now.

If we should play in the NC game, and get destroyed by Oregon/TCU/Auburn it would have a devastating affect on this program, recruiting would suffer, even more questions about the coaching staff, who to fire who to keep.

A win in a BCS game could do a lot of good. Climbing the ladder so to speak.

I witnessed the 2001 NC game. It hurt this program in recruiting/reputation.

Currently I do not think we would be competitive with Oregon/TCU/Auburn. That may change as the time gets closer.

I would rather win the Fiesta Bowl, than get run in the NC game. If I thought we could put a competitive team on the field then play the game. I do not see that now.

I still have a lot of concern for A&M. We still have a lot of football to play and win before we see how it turns out. But the coaches polland the AP have put us way down, so the likelyhood is far less than it was yesterday. I still think the BCS will keep us at 6th. But who knows. Yestrday was a bad day for us all around, the one good thing is that Martinez was kept from hurting himself worse. Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Washington all losing did not help.