Projected BCS Standings

FLU

Tell me your thoughts on Utah this morning. Yesterday they were a player and no one thought what happened would. I do not think we are the level we need to be to be competitive with the top 4 programs right now.

If we should play in the NC game, and get destroyed by Oregon/TCU/Auburn it would have a devastating affect on this program, recruiting would suffer, even more questions about the coaching staff, who to fire who to keep.

A win in a BCS game could do a lot of good. Climbing the ladder so to speak.

I witnessed the 2001 NC game. It hurt this program in recruiting/reputation.

Currently I do not think we would be competitive with Oregon/TCU/Auburn. That may change as the time gets closer.

I would rather win the Fiesta Bowl, than get run in the NC game. If I thought we could put a competitive team on the field then play the game. I do not see that now.

I still have a lot of concern for A&M. We still have a lot of football to play and win before we see how it turns out. But the coaches polland the AP have put us way down, so the likelyhood is far less than it was yesterday. I still think the BCS will keep us at 6th. But who knows. Yestrday was a bad day for us all around, the one good thing is that Martinez was kept from hurting himself worse. Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Washington all losing did not help.

what about the 1992, 95, or 97 title games?

1. Oregon Ducks

2. Auburn Tigers

3. TCU Horned Frogs

4. Boise State Broncos

5. LSU Tigers

6. Nebraska Cornhuskers

7. Stanford Cardinal

8. Wisconsin Badgers

9. Ohio St. Buckeyes

10. Oklahoma St. Cowboys

11. Michigan St. Spartans

12. Alabama Crimson Tide

13. Iowa Hawkeyes

14. Arkansas Razorbacks

15. Utah Utes

We need to hope that Alabama beats Auburn, and Arkansas beats LSU... many believe that voters will choose a 1-loss team from a major conference over an undefeated TCU or Boise State team...

There is no way a 1 loss LSU can play for the title if they don't even go to their conference championship game. Auburn is already a lock for the SEC western spot since they own the tie breaker on LSU. If Auburn loses and LSU is a one loss team, they won't even play in the SEC championship.

How can LSU play for a title over BSU, TCU and the winner of the Big 12, if they don't even make the SEC championship. Inconceivable.

Different situations mel,

Established, respected head coach, playing established well known programs. A different time. Today we have a fan base that is very knowledgeable about the game, and how it is played. Very deffinete ideas on how it should be played and coached.

Then if Tom said it was so, it was. We do not see that today. We have many on this board, calling for this coach or that coaches head every weekend.

I am more concerned about the longevity of the program now. I think we need to go step by step, climb the ladder and establish a base, a direction.

Can you imagine the meltdown if we were to lose to one of the top teams by 40 points. This team is a very good team, but not a team that plays every down like it was the last time they stepped on the field. They do not seem to be able to prepare for the winable games, but do well against the hard ones(forget Texas).

I think we can win a BCS game if we get to the CCG and win. I want to see positive steps to the NC. I do not want to back into another one. We had our chance and blew it against Texas and we have had several games that indicated we are not a NC calibur team.

Love the team and the staff, but I do not feel we are NC type team. I have not since the South Dakota State game.

South Dakota and Texas keep me from thinking we are NC team, Iowa State not so much. I expected a tough game from them.

just our inconsistency makes me think we are not a mnc team. we are not a top 5 team right now, but we are bcs worthy, and that is all i want. has been since the beginning of the year. oh, that and the big 12.

Beating a OU team in the CCG that is ranked 6th would be far better than a Okie Lite at 11th. We need those extra points and credit for beating a name program I think.

choklahomo has 2 losses, so they are no longer in the top 10. OSU should beat choklahomo and that sets up a top 10 matchup in the Big 12 CG. That is if Beebe lets us get to that game.

If we make it to #2 (highly unlikely) then we deserve to be there. Ugly games happen for most teams. Remember last year we looked like complete dog crap against Texas Tech, lost to an Iowa State team worse than this year's (complete with backup QB), and yet by the end of the year we were toe-to-toe with #2 unbeaten Texas and destroyed a pretty good ranked Arizona team. Let's give this team its final month before deciding what they are or aren't worthy of.

1. Oregon Ducks

2. Auburn Tigers

3. TCU Horned Frogs

4. Boise State Broncos

5. LSU Tigers

6. Nebraska Cornhuskers

7. Stanford Cardinal

8. Wisconsin Badgers

9. Ohio St. Buckeyes

10. Oklahoma St. Cowboys

11. Michigan St. Spartans

12. Alabama Crimson Tide

13. Iowa Hawkeyes

14. Arkansas Razorbacks

15. Utah Utes

We need to hope that Alabama beats Auburn, and Arkansas beats LSU... many believe that voters will choose a 1-loss team from a major conference over an undefeated TCU or Boise State team...

There is no way a 1 loss LSU can play for the title if they don't even go to their conference championship game. Auburn is already a lock for the SEC western spot since they own the tie breaker on LSU. If Auburn loses and LSU is a one loss team, they won't even play in the SEC championship.

How can LSU play for a title over BSU, TCU and the winner of the Big 12, if they don't even make the SEC championship. Inconceivable.

How is it inconceivable?

Not playing in your conference's championship game does not preclude you from being ranked the 2nd best team in the nation.

Your logic makes no sense.

A one-loss team from the best conference in the nation could definitely make the claim that they deserve to be in the BCS National Championship over an undefeated team playing a cupcake schedule.

Although, I will say that I don't believe LSU is deserving of being in the BCS Title Game. They should have had multiple losses early in the season but were aided by extraordinary luck (UNC having its stars be suspended/kicked off the team, Noel Devine playing hurt for West Virginia, Jeffy Demps being out for Florida, and the Tennessee coach not knowing how to count to 11).

If we make it to #2 (highly unlikely) then we deserve to be there. Ugly games happen for most teams. Remember last year we looked like complete dog crap against Texas Tech, lost to an Iowa State team worse than this year's (complete with backup QB), and yet by the end of the year we were toe-to-toe with #2 unbeaten Texas and destroyed a pretty good ranked Arizona team. Let's give this team its final month before deciding what they are or aren't worthy of.

I agree with ya. If the teams ahead of us cant close out the final 3 weeks of the season, then they have no one to blame but themselves. This part of the season is scarry you got guys getting hurt, banged up. If your somehow undefeated, the target gets extremely large on your back and any team will do everything to knock you off. If somehow Nebraska goes unscathed and supposedly backs in to NC game as some would call it, it would be by beating a top 10 team for the 2nd time in CCG. If this would be the case, I would think Nebraska be very deserving of a NC appearance. I dont know one husker fan that wouldnt pass that up.