Cam Newton left Florida after Cheating Scandal

Cheater

Auburn quarterback Cameron Newton had three different instances of academic cheating while attending the University of Florida and faced potential expulsion from the university, according to a source.

Newton, considered the front-runner for the Heisman Trophy, attended Florida in 2007 and 2008 before transferring to Blinn College, a junior college in Texas. He first violated Florida’s student honor code by cheating in a class during his freshman year, according to the source.

Newton was arrested for the theft of a laptop from a Florida student’s dorm room in November 2008. He again violated the university’s honor code by putting his name on another student’s paper and turning it in, according to the source. Newton was caught after the instructor asked the real author of the paper why he had not turned in his work, the source said.

According to the source, after the student said he had turned in a paper, he and the instructor went through all the submissions and discovered that Newton had put his name on the paper in question.

Newton subsequently turned in a second paper to the instructor, but it was later found to have been purchased off the Internet, according to the source. The source said Newton was to appear for a hearing in front of Florida’s Student Conduct Committee during the spring semester of 2009, but instead transferred to Blinn College.

The committee could have levied sanctions against Newton that included suspension and expulsion from the university.

“He knew that he was facing a bad outcome,” the source said.

Auburn officials did not return telephone messages, text messages or e-mails as of late Monday. His father, Cecil Newton Sr., declined to comment on his son’s academic past.

“I wasn’t there,” the elder Newton said. “I cannot confirm or deny. At a time like this, I’m taking a defensive posture.

Last month, Newton, and his father, a pastor, told Sports Illustrated that the younger Newton decided to transfer from Florida in early January 2009 when Tim Tebow opted to remain for his senior year, a move that would have forced Newton into back-up status for another season.

Newton, however, wasn’t even enrolled at Florida for the spring semester of 2009 when he decided to transfer, according to the source.

The revelations of Newton’s academic cheating come less than a week after ESPN.com reported that a man named Kenny Rogers claimed to represent Newton and allegedly sought $180,000 for him to attend Mississippi State. Rogers allegedly told former Mississippi State quarterback John Bond that other schools had already offered $200,000.

The NCAA is investigating that matter. The Newtons and Rogers have denied the allegations.

Auburn has said Newton is eligible, and Auburn Athletic Director Jay Jacobs told USA Today that the school has not found any issues with Newton’s eligibility since starting to look in to it this past summer. But he also said that it’s “not a closed matter” and that the review is “still ongoing.”

The dual threat transferred from Blinn College to Auburn in January and has led the Tigers to a 10-0 record and No. 2 rating in the Bowl Championship Series standings. Newton has thrown for 1,890 yards and 19 touchdowns, while also leading the SEC in rushing with 1,146 yards and 15 touchdowns.

Some of the evidence that is coming to light is the Meyer from Florida is the guy the pushed the story to the NYT writer, Thamel. It is stated they are good friends. If that is true, than Meyer is the puppet master in this saga. The next story comes from Florida where, whala, another scandal is unearthed.

These stories were buried deep in the Coach Meyer files, in my opinion. They have only surfaced since Meyer is upset that is ex-player is going to win the hypesman and possible play for the natty championship.

This is only my mel gibson type opinion, but it is starting to point to Florida, as the school/persons behind the exposing of Mr Cameron Newton.

If these allegations turn out to be turn, it shows Cameron is more dirty than Reggie Bush.

Cheating on 3 different occasions. Plus the laptop incident. All of this was buried until Cameron Newton started to become the player of the year in college football.

This is an amazing story of jealousy and betrayal if this really started with Florida digging up some skeletons in Cameron's closet. I can't wait until the movie/book if this is true. Stay tuned for the movie, starring Meyer as himself. http://marvel.com/universe/Puppet_Master

Now, I personally think that almost 100% of students cheat in one way shape or form. Most of the time its in the form of asking kids "what was on the test" or looking over old tests that the teacher had given in the past (yes, that is still cheating, a very very mild form of it but lets face it, its still cheating) but putting your name on another kids paper, that is just ballsy!!

Some of the evidence that is coming to light is the Meyer from Florida is the guy the pushed the story to the NYT writer, Thamel. It is stated they are good friends. If that is true, than Meyer is the puppet master in this saga. The next story comes from Florida where, whala, another scandal is unearthed.

These stories were buried deep in the Coach Meyer files, in my opinion. They have only surfaced since Meyer is upset that is ex-player is going to win the hypesman and possible play for the natty championship.

This is only my mel gibson type opinion, but it is starting to point to Florida, as the school/persons behind the exposing of Mr Cameron Newton.

If these allegations turn out to be turn, it shows Cameron is more dirty than Reggie Bush.

Cheating on 3 different occasions. Plus the laptop incident. All of this was buried until Cameron Newton started to become the player of the year in college football.

This is an amazing story of jealousy and betrayal if this really started with Florida digging up some skeletons in Cameron's closet. I can't wait until the movie/book if this is true. Stay tuned for the movie, starring Meyer as himself. http://marvel.com/universe/Puppet_Master

Most all of this had already been reported when he first came to Auburn. I remember hearing about all his problems a long time ago, but it wasn't that big of a deal because at that time, Auburn was picked to finish in the middle of the pack. now that they are at the top, people are bringing it back up. With what happened with Reggie Bush and the Heisman, just the thoughts alone of all this baggage might be enough to sway some voters. Not sure what the repercussions could be with his eligibility at Auburn for his cheating at Florida.

Newton subsequently turned in a second paper to the instructor, but it was later found to have been purchased off the Internet, according to the source.

Cam is under scrutiny, so he turns in a second paper purchased off the Internet. Bwahahaha! What an incredible idiot.

The NCAA needs to do their investigation and be done with it. It's not fair to Newton and Auburn to compete under this type of scrutiny if none of it is true, and it's not fair to anyone else to let them compete if they are guilty.

If the NCAA takes 3 years to complete this investigation and give a verdict, then that's just pathetic. Get it done now.

If Urban Meyer is behind all this garbage I think that is wrong as well. I think the more that comes out about Cam just makes FL look bad as they were the ones that first recruited him. Florida now sits with a QB they hyped up (Brantley) as good and they are watching the recruit he paid errrrrr I mean recruit rip up the SEC. I think Urban is a great coach but have any of you ever wondered how thses SEC program have made the switch to becoming super programs again. The SEC continues to get away with B.S. Last year Dez Bryant went to Deion's house he was suspended for a season. Multiple SEC player attended agent parties as well as recieved money yet they get one or two game suspension. I hope people dont make Cam (if guilty) and Reggie Bush the poster children for FB corruption. The NCAA is currupt, the coaches and Universities are currupt. Everyone is making hand over fist due to these kids work yet they are painted as scum if they profit. I am not saying it is right for them to break the rules im just tired of the Hypocrisy. This whole system is setup for money. Lets not forget the main reason there will be no play-off is due to BCS money for the colleges.

What a mess. What happens if the NCAA finds Cam and Auburn guilty in late December? You can't really re-do all the bowl matchups at that time because it will trickle down and change them all, yet some will have already been played. Just terrible, terrible timing.

But how will they find him guilty? If they were smart with the transactions, then they could make it impossible to trace, and if nobody involved talks, then they don't have anything but hearsay.