Prince to Detroit?

JTrain

Mcshay has him going to denver at number five the way it looks right now

Champ Bailey and Prince Amukamara as corners for the Broncos, they'd have a pretty dang good pass defense.

If Prince were to go there and be the corner on the opposite side of Champ Bailey, he would be tested often bc teams would go after the rookie instead of the Pro Bowl caliber corner that has proven success in NFL

Many experts are pegging the Lions to take another defensive end to compliment Suh and Vanden Bosch. McShay is one of the most notable experts picking the Lions to do so.

DaQuan Bowers?????

I think so, but don't quote me on that!

Todd McShay is the biggest retard on ESPN by a longshot.

Truer words were never spoken, but he still has a more informed opinion than many other draft gurus. He may have some bad opinions, but he knows his stuff. I think he just does it for attention and to be different than big brother Kiper.

Champ Bailey and Prince Amukamara as corners for the Broncos, they'd have a pretty dang good pass defense.

I think he's got the Broncos taking Prince as more of a long term replacement for Bailey...he is getting pretty old

If Prince were to go there and be the corner on the opposite side of Champ Bailey, he would be tested often bc teams would go after the rookie instead of the Pro Bowl caliber corner that has proven success in NFL

All this will do is speed up the learning curve for Prince. Sure, he will get burned from time to time. Hell, Champ does to. I have seen Champ get burned many times. I have also seen him comeback and shut down high profile guys the following week. That's part of being a cornerback and why you need a short memory. But as a Broncos fan I think we need an offensive linemen or help in the defensive front seven. We can't run, and we can't stop the dam run.

Todd McShay is the biggest retard on ESPN by a longshot.

:yeah

I think i've only heard/read anything from this guy a select few times but it seems like everytime there's something ridiculous.

just a couple off the top of my head--

McCoy > Suh before last year's draft. Forget what's happened so far in their rookie years, that's hindsight and it shouldn't count against McShay. but it was a dumb assertion even at the time.

earlier this season, he suggested that at halftime, Nebraska was "struggling" with Washington. :facepalm:

Now, I'll give most "draft gurus" the benefit of the doubt because draft expertise is about as an exact science as college football recruiting. but he completely misses the mark even on the obvious!

as for the Lions, if Daniel Bullocks had panned out (injury issues too) the Lions would potentially have 4 Huskers starting for them this year.

Still, I'm a fan as of 2010-- Go Lions!

I was watching ESPN yesterday and was looking forward to their draft break down. Finally they come back from commercial and wouldn't you know, it was none other than Todd McShay giving his breakdown of the top draft picks, reasons why they were good and where they would end up in the draft,etc. He got about 5 seconds of my time then I promptly changed the channel.

I was watching ESPN yesterday and was looking forward to their draft break down. Finally they come back from commercial and wouldn't you know, it was none other than Todd McShay giving his breakdown of the top draft picks, reasons why they were good and where they would end up in the draft,etc. He got about 5 seconds of my time then I promptly changed the channel.

The difference between McShay and Kiper is that while McShay is busy trying to show the world how smart his big board is, Kiper is busy making his big board better and more informed. :LOLtartar

• Fire 2

Im a diehard lions fan and this is what NEEDS to happen. We need to draft a second cb or lb first off. Our lb corps are worse in the league and the only decent lb we have is peterson. Of course, we are banged up at lb so that could be part of the problem. Secondly, Alphonso Smith is a stud, he has 5 ints in the past 6 games and he is in his second year. Pretty beastly. We have a good fs in louis delmas, he is a stud and will keep getting better. Our dline is beastly led by corey williams (we traded a 5th round pick for him to the browns, or something simliar i believe), Suh and VandenBosch. We have avril as one of our ends and well..hes not that good but the other 3 make him seem decent. So we also need to get an end, but definately worry about the lb corp and a second cb first.

We are averaging the second most ppg in the league, but we need a better right side of the line and raiola needs to get the hell outta detroit! Hes not a very good center and messes up the line audibles when he sees a blitz coming. Backus is..horrible. We also need a power back to compliment best. Once we fix the lb corp, second cb and ss and the right side of the line then we will be one of the top teams in the league.

Here in order of needs.

1a. rolb/mlb

1b. 2nd cb

2. right side of oline

3. ss

4. power back

5. DE.

Altho I found it rather funny that some people think the lions are horrible..they obviously havent watched any games this year. game 1: chicago..shoulda been a win with the calvin johnson catch, we were ahead before stafford got hurt in the second quarter by peppers. 2. philly. We were down i believe 27-17 in the 4th quarter only to come back and lose by game 3: Minnesota, we jsut got beat. Bad playcalling by linehan, he didnt even try to throw it downfield once. 4. Green bay: down by two points in the final minute..threw the ball 2 times downfiled on 3rd and 4th down, CLEARLY pass interference by charles woodson that didnt get called. If they refs didnt swallow his whistle then we would have been in jason hanson's range if we ran two more plays. game 6: we were down by 5 with 5 minutes left, we were on nyg 46 yard line and burleson fumbled the ball and the giants recover to win by 8. Of course, there was the jets debacle where we were ahead by 10 midway through the 4th quarter only to lose the game. This lions team is a pretty good team and could easily be 6-2. NOt the lions of the old that i have watched in the past.

Also, let me give you some stats on this year lions team compared to last year.

2010: +15 point differential (8 games)

2009: -232 point differential (16 games)

2010: 203 pts scored, 188 pts allowed (8 games)

2009: 262 pts scored, 492 pts allowed (16 games)

2010: 23rd ranked defense, 7th ranked offense

2009: 32nd ranked defense, 27th ranked offense

2010: SRS 4.5 (3rd in NFC), +3 turnover differential

2009: SRS -14.4 (last in NFL), -18 turnover differential

As you can see, the Lions will be a force soon..with Schwartz coaching and Mayhew being a great GM..also, our schedule has been the toughest in the nfc