Long-lasting rivalry coming to an end

ESPY

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

“We’ll certainly miss the yearly game,” Osborne said. “The length of the series is notable. There is some nostalgia (involved). But most everything eventually does come to an end.”
TO pretty much hits the nail on the head it with this.

We had a rivalry with KU? When was someone gonna tell us?

What else would you call playing 105 years straight? no matter how you look at it, the schools have a long history that is coming to a close. To most people yes, they probably think KU-NU is a rivalry. :dunno

Is Baylor Texas's rival? No. It's a series. They're no more our rival in football than we are their rival in basketball.

• Fire 1

I kind of agree, not a rivalry but definitely a series I'm going to miss. I don't think there's many hard feelings towards Kansas (although I could live without the "rock chalk jayhawk" chant). It really is the end of an era though, and definitely makes me nostalgic.

Not sure who that is in the article picture with the article, but it's a great photo. Is it Jeff Kinney maybe? What does the "100" on the hat mean?

The year in the photo says 1969...that would've been 100 years of the Univ. of Nebraska, founded in 1869.

From what I've heard that was an NCAA wide promotion for their centennial anniversary. A lot of schools wore that decal in 1969, not just NU.

Not sure who that is in the article picture with the article, but it's a great photo. Is it Jeff Kinney maybe? What does the "100" on the hat mean?

The year in the photo says 1969...that would've been 100 years of the Univ. of Nebraska, founded in 1869.

From what I've heard that was an NCAA wide promotion for their centennial anniversary. A lot of schools wore that decal in 1969, not just NU.

Ah, my bad. Coincidence then...thanks.

I will miss it, as it is what Nebraska is about supposedly, history and tradition. This is the 2nd longest rivalry in college football I believe. Sad in a way to see it end, as we have lost some other important streaks over the last few years.

But it is time to move on and establish rivalries that our grandchildren will respect.

Kansas fans have always been great people, accepted their roll in college football. As we have accepted ours in their sport of basketball. My hope is that Turner brings them to a National competitor level. And that we end up playing in a regular 5-10 year basis.

Goodbye to our Jay Hawk friends, so close but so fary away.