Bad News

C N Red

Niles is a great player - one of the best on the team. on the one hand he is a little inconsistent. on the other hand, we don't have an nfl prospect throwing him the ball. he is still capable of a national player-of-the-week performance at any time. we are lucky to have him, and i guarantee we will miss him sorely when he's gone.

Agreed. His only issue is that he is a little inconsistent. Which has put us at times in dire situations.

Niles has come a long way's from where he was last year, and I think he puts those nagging inconsistency issues too bed at A&M and finish the year strong.

I would like to say that my view on Paul has been very consistent since the beginning of last year: he's a horrible kick returner. He should not be returning kicks

What other options do you think we should use? I say get over it, he will be gone at the end of the yearandbesides that there has been no other returner

that has been any better

burkhead, for one, hasn't been horrible. Not evrly productive but he doesn't put it on the deck

Niles is a great player - one of the best on the team. on the one hand he is a little inconsistent. on the other hand, we don't have an nfl prospect throwing him the ball. he is still capable of a national player-of-the-week performance at any time. we are lucky to have him, and i guarantee we will miss him sorely when he's gone.

While I agree that Marinez will more than likely never take a snap at QB in the NFL, what does that have to do with Paul not catching the ball? I'm not sure many/any NFL QB's could have placed the ball any better against Texas, but Paul dropped passes hitting him squarely in the numbers and the hands. If I'm a NFL GM, there's not a snowballs chance in hell I would draft him. The receivers we sorely miss are the receivers that got bagged on a few years ago for being too slow.

Marlowes been average at best as a returner.

With all respect, he hasn't had nearly the opportunities that Paul has had to showcase his skills.

Marlowe for his career has 18 returns for 446 yards at 24.77 YPR and a long of 42 yards.

Paul for his career is 72-1803-25.04-100 with 2 TD's. Paul is the only player in NU history to return 2 Kickoffs for TD's.