3 1,000 yard rushers?

I was looking at stats, and both Helu and Martinez look to surpass the 1,000 yard mark in our next game. Burkhead would need to average 88.25 yards per game (if we make the Big 12 CCG) to get to 1,000. Not outside the realm of possibility considering he's been coming on strong as of late, especially if we keep running wildcat. I'm one of the guys that calls for Watson's head, but if this happens, I think a kudos is in order. Especially considering Nebraska has never had 3 1,000 yard rushers in the same season, and only had 2 in the same season 3 times.

The bowl game also counts towards statistics, so that means (I'm just going off your numbers here) that Burkhead would only need to average 66 yards per game. It seems very possible.

Like a poster stated above, burkhead would need to average 88 yards/game with the bowl game. Looking how one can realistically say we can have 3 1000 yard rushers is insane. That would be the first time in HISTORY a bcs AQ conference team (Nevada had 3 1000 yarder last year) reached those numbers. How this team has evolved since 2007 really is impressive.

I was looking at stats, and both Helu and Martinez look to surpass the 1,000 yard mark in our next game. Burkhead would need to average 88.25 yards per game (if we make the Big 12 CCG) to get to 1,000. Not outside the realm of possibility considering he's been coming on strong as of late, especially if we keep running wildcat. I'm one of the guys that calls for Watson's head, but if this happens, I think a kudos is in order. Especially considering Nebraska has never had 3 1,000 yard rushers in the same season, and only had 2 in the same season 3 times.

That surprises me. You'd think if any school had a year with three 1000 yd rushers it would be the Huskers.

It would be awesome, but you can't really compare it to the past. For most of modern history they played 11 games and didn't count the bowl game in season stats. So our guys will have 14 games compared to 11. Not even close to a fair comparison. Still would be great to see it happen though.

I am more interested in seeing if Martinez can become the 9th quarterback in history to throw for 2,000 and rush for 1,000 in the same season.

By my count, he needs to average 168 passing yards in each of our remaining games. This would put him in good company in the Big 12 as only Brad Smith and Vince Young accomplished the feat. If he does it, it will be pretty amazing considering he's missed ~8 quarters of action this season (most of the second half against Texas, second half against Mizzou, and Iowa State game).

How cool would it be if we had three 1,000-yard rushers and a QB who went for 2,000/1,000 in his freshman year despite injuries?

• 3 weeks later...