BCS Top 15: November 14

JTrain

It seems like this year its more about who've you lost to rather then who've you beaten. We have more impressive wins then Stanford and Wisconsin, but we're ranked behind them. We've beaten Missouri and Oklahoma State, a top 16 team and a top 10 team. But our loss to Texas is what is keeping us behind Stanford and Wisconsin, who lost to Oregon and Michigan State.

Well said.

LSU loses to Arkansas: 55%

Auburn loses to Alabama OR South Carolina: 50%

Oregon loses to Arizona OR Oregon St.: 45%

Boise loses to Nevada OR Fresno St.: 30%

We pass Wisconsin (if both win out): 99%

We pass Stanford (if both win out): 90%

Chance of all the above happening and Nebraska playing TCU for the national title (if we win out):

.55 x .5 x .45 x .3 x .99 x .9 = .033078 or 3.3%

a_chance.jpeg

I like stanford, but people seem to forget that they had close games vs USC, Washington state, and ASU. Also, the bald black dude on espn didnt even have us in his top 10 (can't remember his name), dam bammer lover.

His name is Rod Gilmore. He calls a lot of west coast games and is a pac 10 homer. Stanford is not that good. They got exposed by Oregon and other pac 10 teams have almost beat them. Bottomline, NU is getting hurt based on NU not running up the score on teams.

I didn't watch the Kansas game but NU gets hurt because we don't drop 50 or 60 on Kansas.

Wisc knows this and that is why they fell they have to put up 83 on Indiana. They will end in a tie with OUS and MSU, the BCS standings will determine who wins the Big 10. Is it fair? No, but this is the system we play in.

I really thought we were going to get jumped by Okie State even though we beat them a few weeks ago. Also, I thought a 2 loss Bama was going to jump us. Total BS but BS makes up 2/3's of the the BCS.

I was going to point out that Rod Gilmore's AP ballot has nothing at all to do with the BCS, and I've discovered that he doesn't even have an AP ballot according to the AP: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/specials/top25_front/voters.html

The computer average and both polls, plus the AP, have us as the 8 or 9 team. But I'm sure the unbiased views on this board are much more accurate than all of these. :sarcasm

Ohio State is such a joke. They have only beaten one bowl-eligible team in their conference. Nebraska has beaten three. Ohio State's best claims to fame are beating a 6-3 Miami team that doesn't have a win over a ranked opponent and losing to a respectable Wisconsin team. Why in God's name is Ohio State right behind us in the rankings? It's ridiculous.

Ohio State is such a joke. They have only beaten one bowl-eligible team in their conference. Nebraska has beaten three. Ohio State's best claims to fame are beating a 6-3 Miami team that doesn't have a win over a ranked opponent and losing to a respectable Wisconsin team. Why in God's name is Ohio State right behind us in the rankings? It's ridiculous.

Their computer average is 13. The pollsters often seem to lose track of the SOS in Ohio State's case because, well, it's Ohio State. And Ohio State is Ohio State. And a one-loss Ohio State team must be top ten material becuase... you get the idea.