11 games next season?

tsimo3381

There was a guy from the Chattanooga Moccasins here a couple of weeks ago who said it was pretty common knowledge on their campus that they were coming to Lincoln next year. We're going to need a really easy win with that schedule. And we'll need a home game for budget. So that jives a little.

Makes sense, I was just curious. Is Chattanooga a FBS or FCS team?

There was a guy from the Chattanooga Moccasins here a couple of weeks ago who said it was pretty common knowledge on their campus that they were coming to Lincoln next year. We're going to need a really easy win with that schedule. And we'll need a home game for budget. So that jives a little.

FCS

We're going to need a really easy win with that schedule.

I don't buy into this thinking at all.

There's little to gain besides extra ticket revenue scheduling these FCS teams so we can have an extra home game. It doesn't help our guys at all, Peleni is even on record saying that he would prefer to not have FCS teams scheduled in the future. Wins against non-BCS teams shouldn't even count towards bowl eligibility. It's just sad that when there aren't enough rent-a-teams left in the Sun Belt, WAC etc. FCS teams get slapped on the schedule.

FCS

I thought we were done scheduling FCS teams(callahan/pederson). Thought i read this somewhere.

FCS

I thought we were done scheduling FCS teams(callahan/pederson). Thought i read this somewhere.

I believe there was an article that said they wanted to schedule one top tier team, one lower tier team from a bcs confrence and one from a non bcs confrence two if available. AS as last option schedule an fcs team. I'm guessing that this late in the season it is too late to get any FBS teams on the schedule, so UTC gets added as a final option.