Oklahoma? Oklahoma State?

with a mere 2-3 weeks of the season it seems comfortable to say that the winner of Bedlam will be our opponent in the CCG, this topic of who we are playing is popular but im curious as to everyones thoughts, so who would you like to play, Stoops, or Gundy, the dynamic duo of Jones and Broyles, with a scary Murry, or the triple threat of Weeden, Blackmon, and Hunter? include factors like rivalries, better chances of winning,defenses v offenses, media respect, etc...

I'd much rather play OSU. I don't see us beating OU, especially with all of the penalties and turnovers.

On a side-note what happens if OU wins and A&M wins out. All three would have two conference losses.

It actually gets pretty complicated, largely because if OU beats OSU that'll mean we've each beaten each other once. Best that I've seen it figured out is that it's going to probably come down to whoever has the highest BCS ranking, here's the list of tiebreakers:

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other

2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division

3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5 and 6)

4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game, unless two of the tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game.

6. The team with the best overall winning percentage (excluding exempted games) shall be the representative.

7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

OU.............I don't wanna play OSU again, but they are ranked higher so that could help us in the end.

I assume your thinking about NU still being able to go to the ship? NU will not be going, let's just get into a BCS and then win that. TCU, Boise St. and/or Auburn Oregon will go undefeated, plus we have several 1 lose teams to jump. Just to much in a year when we lost to a horrible Texas team. Going to a BCS game was my goal for this team for this year, anything above that would have been bonus points in my book.

My heart says, "Nebraska vs Oklahoma is the way it should be."

My mind tells me, "OSU's offense would be in for a shock since our last meeting because the Blackshirts have improved mightily since then and the Pelinis would have the perfect game plan to shut them down. Therefore, Nebraska would have the upperhand, even if Martinez wasn't 100% by then."

OU.............I don't wanna play OSU again, but they are ranked higher so that could help us in the end.

I assume your thinking about NU still being able to go to the ship? NU will not be going, let's just get into a BCS and then win that. TCU, Boise St. and/or Auburn Oregon will go undefeated, plus we have several 1 lose teams to jump. Just to much in a year when we lost to a horrible Texas team. Going to a BCS game was my goal for this team for this year, anything above that would have been bonus points in my book.

:yeah

I want to play OSU. They'll be ranked higher and we have the best pass defense in the nation. I know Blackmon will still burn us at times, but I think their style of offense plays into our defenses strengths.

Only if they abandon the run game like they did the first we played them. We had NO answer for Hunter. For some reason, they refused to give him the ball in the second half.

First, OSU seems to play OU very well in the Bedlam series, even when OSU wasn't very good and OU was playing for Big 12/MNCs. Second, the game is in Stillwater. Third, OSU is more consistent than OU. I think that OSU wins by 2 td's.

With that being said, I would rather play OU than OSU again. It's tough to beat a good team twice in one year, and contrary to what others think, I don't think that their offense is a good matchup for our defense. We gave up what, over 400 yards and 41 points to them the first time, and we had no answer for Hunter. I have a hard time believing that we will put up 50 points with an injured Martinez or Green.

I hope we play Oklahoma in the CCG. But my money is on a rematch with Okie State. What are the odds that we win another shootout with Okie State?

First of all it won't be a shootout, they got the better of Prince once, it won't happen again. Expect a much different defense to play against Okie State and really hold their ground against Weeden, Blackmon and Hunter. Martinez won't be able to air it out the way he did against the Okie State defense, instead he will have to rely on the option read to Helu and Burkhead to run the field and keep the TOP in the Huskers favor for this close win in Dallas. Either that or expect Burkhead to really show us what the Wildcat is made of when the Huskers show it more.

I want to play OU just for old times sake, but I'm leaning in favor of actually playing OSU. OU is bad on the road and they are so inconsistent. I feel if we did play OSU again we would have a fairly good chance of beating them. Everyone always says that it's hard to beat someone twice in the same season, and that is somewhat true. I think a lot of people overlook the fact that we are a different team now. The last time we played them we had 2 safeties who couldn't make any tackles and held Blackmon in check pretty well towards the end of the game. Now we have 2 safeties who can tackle and I feel our D-Line is playing better, not to mention having Compton back and the maturation of David. I like our chances if we play them again.

And I'm gonna keep thinking about it until the fat lady sings and it's not a chance. :lol: